U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 08:50 AM

81 posts, read 22,324 times

Advertisements

Anyone apply to Livonia apartments on Housing Connect?

I just got my log number and it's the lowest log number I've ever received, but I'm not fond of the neighborhood at all for a couple reasons. The rent is affordable given my current income and they have decent amenities like an exercise room and on site laundry, but it's like of all my top choices my lowest log number is for this complex.

How do you guys feel about the area, what do you know about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 01:05 PM

749 posts, read 287,452 times
Neighborhood is bad. I feel like the plan for ENY is to build all affordable housing developments aka stick all low income there. While the other areas in Brooklyn go through gentrification. Cypress hills part of ENY is the exception. Best lotteries are those already in decent areas, where there are mixed incomes. ENY is very poor

I would pass on it unless you are that desperate to live somewhere cheap.v

Old 12-30-2018, 09:17 AM

6 posts, read 2,817 times
Marycontra

Rosegoldflower
What log number did you receive at Livonia apartments on housing connect, as i applied also and received a high log number 22000.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Neighborhood is bad. I feel like the plan for ENY is to build all affordable housing developments aka stick all low income there. While the other areas in Brooklyn go through gentrification. Cypress hills part of ENY is the exception. Best lotteries are those already in decent areas, where there are mixed incomes. ENY is very poor

I would pass on it unless you are that desperate to live somewhere cheap.v
I had a feeling, I currently live in a neighborhood that I feel comfortable in and is being gentrified. There is new construction on every single block and currently a 20 or so story complex being developed.

My current living circumstance is the reason for wanting to move and its the best rent prices I've seen on the lotto. But the area I'm really not fond of. My mom wished me luck but my father is not fond of the idea moving there. Not as a woman who would be living alone. I'm very conflicted on if I should wait for something else but this seems to be my best bet at the moment, but I really don't want to live in the ENY/Brownsville area.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marycontra View Post
Marycontra

Rosegoldflower
What log number did you receive at Livonia apartments on housing connect, as i applied also and received a high log number 22000.
I received a 50.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:38 PM

19 posts, read 4,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosegoldflower View Post
Anyone apply to Livonia apartments on Housing Connect?

I just got my log number and it's the lowest log number I've ever received, but I'm not fond of the neighborhood at all for a couple reasons. The rent is affordable given my current income and they have decent amenities like an exercise room and on site laundry, but it's like of all my top choices my lowest log number is for this complex.

How do you guys feel about the area, what do you know about it?
I drove past the apartments, the buildings are really nice, the area doesn't look to nice. I live in ENY but side closer to Queens. I always thought that area was considered Brownsville but to my surprise it's ENY.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:33 AM

Has anyone been called in for an interview?

Old 04-15-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosegoldflower View Post
I received a 50.
Have u heard from them?

Old 04-19-2019, 04:30 PM

I sign my lease on monday🤗

Old 04-22-2019, 10:09 AM

39 posts, read 17,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demikiera View Post
I sign my lease on monday🤗
what was your log # and did you have cb preference ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City