Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 01:50 PM

15,759 posts, read 14,364,128 times

Advertisements

I think the Hasids have patrols in their communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 02:34 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,600,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
If I saw a JESUS patrol, I would call the police.
Well the groups of Jehovah's Witnesses had to find something to do when they sold the Watchtower in downtown Brooklyn.

Old 01-05-2019, 02:45 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,600,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
The only reason why I could see a religious patrol having some function (although it isn't clear why a regular police patrol isn't good enough for it) is when a certain religious group is threatened. Reminds me of a photo taken by a friend of mine, at Notre Dame in Paris, of a young officer in riot gear genuflecting and crossing himself with the right hand while holding what looks like a sniper in the left.... but that was a short time after the Muslim fundamentalist attack at Notre Dame in 2017. I suppose you could call that a Christian Security Patrol... hope we won't need that, ever.

Again, if this Muslim patrol is to protect honest immigrant grocers and cab drivers from gang crime, then it has a justification, otherwise it kind of begs a number of questions.
All 100% paid for by NYS tax dollars as there is a line in the budget every year for civilian patrols. It's existed for decades. So if you want a civilian neighborhood patrol, fill out a little paperwork & submit it. Not only will you get cars (and of course police radios), but you'll get reimbursements for gas. And if you wish to drive your own car after being recognized by NYS, just got to your neighborhood precinct and get a free photo ID for a Yellow Light permit (and then get reimbursements for gas every month).

Old 01-05-2019, 03:40 PM

8,198 posts, read 4,272,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
All 100% paid for by NYS tax dollars as there is a line in the budget every year for civilian patrols. It's existed for decades. So if you want a civilian neighborhood patrol, fill out a little paperwork & submit it. Not only will you get cars (and of course police radios), but you'll get reimbursements for gas. And if you wish to drive your own car after being recognized by NYS, just got to your neighborhood precinct and get a free photo ID for a Yellow Light permit (and then get reimbursements for gas every month).

Good to know. I am envisioning Hare Krishna cops chanting with tambourines through open windows while on patrol for bad karma, armed with squirt guns. Good way for amateur law enforcers to get themselves killed. Is there no end to tax support of insane causes?

Old 01-05-2019, 05:33 PM

18,860 posts, read 13,748,746 times
Thankfully we don’t have this nonsense in Staten Island. It’s mainly a Brooklyn thing. My thoughts on this one? Well the Jews have had them for decades, why can’t the Muslims?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-05-2019, 05:38 PM

15,488 posts, read 15,465,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Thoughts?
How about YOUR thoughts first?

Old 01-05-2019, 05:53 PM

15,759 posts, read 14,364,128 times
I knew an Irish American (meaning Catholic) woman who grew up in Bay Ridge. Bay Ridge apparently has a sizable Muslim population. They (according to her) always harassed her.

She was then killed in the 9/11 attack.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:26 PM

2,713 posts, read 5,340,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I don't believe it.
https://nypost.com/2018/12/24/new-yo...OPLB0r5bbg2s4E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Thankfully we don’t have this nonsense in Staten Island. It’s mainly a Brooklyn thing. My thoughts on this one? Well the Jews have had them for decades, why can’t the Muslims?
This particular group is based on Staten Island.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:05 PM

18,860 posts, read 13,748,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
This particular group is based on Staten Island.
Legal address maybe. They aren’t “patrolling” Staten Island.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-05-2019, 08:29 PM

7,644 posts, read 6,422,561 times
I'm disturbed at an religious police. This is the the USA. Not the middle east or some theocratic nation.

Since deblasio is a communist, he should wipe this movement out.

MAGA!

How Syrian Women Are Embracing Their New Lives in Germany | Time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: