Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2019, 08:09 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,353 times

Advertisements

The term "illegals" is getting a little old already. Can we spruce it up some?

Let's call them... bandits. Cool? Lol

By the way I do not like taking sides with politicians or the Wall but I like how Trump sticks to his guns and even when his vision is rallied against he takes a big stance on an enormous project and holds his ground even if they say it isolates him personally and such. The ones rallying hard against the Wall never did many big things or took big controversial positions. They are possibly the ones who got the US into ths mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 08:24 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
The term "illegals" is getting a little old already. Can we spruce it up some?

Let's call them... bandits. Cool? Lol

By the way I do not like taking sides with politicians or the Wall but I like how Trump sticks to his guns and even when his vision is rallied against he takes a big stance on an enormous project and holds his ground even if they say it isolates him personally and such. The ones rallying hard against the Wall never did many big things or took big controversial positions. They are possibly the ones who got the US into ths mess.
So you think keeping the government closed, not paying employees, letting national parks get destroyed, shutting down the FTC and FDA, etc. is totally awesome because Trump wants a wall? This is not how someone negotiates. This is a child bully stopping the entire game because he's a spoiled brat and wants everything for him or nobody gets anything. I'd rather the wall get $0, but Democrats already negotiated some and offered less than what Trump wants. He declined to negotiate and instead shut it down for not getting his way. Very childish and irresponsible if you ask me, seeing as though it's his fault now that people can't pay their bills and the parks are being destroyed.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:32 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,353 times
This was the first Tweet ever by a US President

Old 01-10-2019, 08:53 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
The term "illegals" is getting a little old already
I'm guessing you take offense to "radical Islam" too

Old 01-10-2019, 09:00 AM

766 posts, read 507,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
The people on this program could attend more hospitals, spreading them out more evenly, allowing more private doctors to absorb the overloaded patient lists at public hospitals.
Wow you are really optimistic about this

Old 01-10-2019, 09:01 AM

I can’t wait to hear the complaints of ICE staking out in front of hospitals and doctor offices now.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
Not looking to derail the thread but hopefully, I'll convince the mods that what I am bringing up in this posting is germain to the trains of thought in this thread that speak so strongly against "illegal immigration" (even from some of you that I'd thought were likely at least moderate if not even liberal- to-progressive-leaning in your political views). I'm just curious:

For those of you here who state that you are against illegal immigrants getting into our nation (and to then take advantage of handouts and services like you speak of here) and yet you didn't or don't presently support Trump as President all-in-all, would you say that, even if you are not a Trump voter or supporter, do you nevertheless find yourself supporting the idea of a strong border wall and very strong security measures on the U.S.'s southern border?

The point is that I myself DO support a strong border wall and very strong security measures on the U.S.'s southern border even though I am not a Trump supporter by-and-large. I had previously thought that persons who are moderate- to liberal- to left-leaning and have traditionally leaned toward the Democratic Party would be aghast at me supporting a strong border wall and very strong security measures on the U.S.'s southern border . . . yet, judging from some of the postings I read here of some of you here who I'd thought traditionally supported liberal to left-of-center views yet speak out against "illegal immigration", I wonder how many others of you here (if any) ALSO, like myself, support the idea of a strong border wall and very strong security measures on the U.S.'s southern border even if you are not a Trump supporter and maybe even not a Republican.

In other words (to make it relevant to this thread), if you are so against "illegals" coming here en-masse to our nation as a host of you have stated here (even some of you whom I'd thought were inclined to be liberal-to-progressive in your politics by-and-large), would you go as far (as I have) to support the idea of a strong border wall and very strong security measures n the U.S.'s southern border? In other words, am I that unusual in that I do support the idea of a strong border wall and very strong security measures on the U.S.'s southern border even though I am one who can empathize with those looking to flee dire economic circumstances or domestic terrorism or domestic violence or domestic upheaval in their home nations BUT I still feel that, as a matter of national security, we as a nation still MUST seriously vet all who wish to come to our nation and settle here??? How many of you here take my viewpoint of supporting the idea of a strong border wall and very strong security measures on the U.S.'s southern border even if you are not a Trump supporter? In other words, how far are you wiliing to go in your opposition to illegal immigration (and them taking undue advantage of our society's offerings as you stated here) even though you are not a Trump supporter? I'm just curious.

Trump is an idiot. I don’t care about the wall whether it’s built or not

I just happen to agree that illegals should not have access to subsides that citizens are entitled to. But I’m also for businesses to be punished for hiring illegals off the books. You take away illegals money, you take away the money they send back to their country and the overall desire to be here.

This country benefits off of the low wages the illegals are willing to work for. Trump benefits off of it as well. This country wants them and don’t let trump confuse you on that. It’s all a distraction

Old 01-10-2019, 09:17 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,709,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
I can’t wait to hear the complaints of ICE staking out in front of hospitals and doctor offices now.
If they do, I'll buy all of them lunch. They will be directly contributing to putting the money I earned back in my pocket.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:05 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Trump is an idiot. I don’t care about the wall whether it’s built or not

I just happen to agree that illegals should not have access to subsides that citizens are entitled to. But I’m also for businesses to be punished for hiring illegals off the books. You take away illegals money, you take away the money they send back to their country and the overall desire to be here.

This country benefits off of the low wages the illegals are willing to work for. Trump benefits off of it as well. This country wants them and don’t let trump confuse you on that. It’s all a distraction
This country was built to run off of cheap labor, whether it was slavery way back when, or illegal immigrants now

It's all a scam no matter what

We're free to have whatever opinion we want but we all still pay taxes

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-10-2019, 10:32 AM

6,360 posts, read 4,184,849 times
Quote:
Why wait at the hospitals when the mass majority of the influx is at the border less wall areas. Once they make their way to a sanctuary city, they can start collecting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City