U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 03:40 PM

11 posts, read 4,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawneeSalami View Post
Sorry to hear, Lauren. Hopefully you can work out a temporary arrangement with your landlord to go month-to-month for the time being. The fact that you have disability preference, and that your file has been sent to HPD is a great sign.
Thanks, I think I have to pay for the full month however, since MHANY Mgmt called me today asking for my NYCERS (Retirement fund) statement. Which I had given them day one. I sent it. So perhaps, while they said they did, they did not submit to HPD. Or would HPD ask for it?
Lauren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 01:44 PM

23 posts, read 11,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlau24 View Post
Thanks, I think I have to pay for the full month however, since MHANY Mgmt called me today asking for my NYCERS (Retirement fund) statement. Which I had given them day one. I sent it. So perhaps, while they said they did, they did not submit to HPD. Or would HPD ask for it?
Lauren
That's tough to tell. Just speculating here, but I think the management company probably did a last double-check on your file before submitting to HPD, and weren't able to locate that particular document. It could also be HPD asking for it through the management company after not seeing it in the file, but I think the first scenario sounds more likely.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:32 PM

Exactly what happened. I called HPD, and was told they've received no applications from the management company for anyone thus far. <sigh>.
However, HPD told me they would've asked the management company to reach out to me had something been missing once it got to them. So I'm still waiting Lauren

Old 02-10-2019, 10:09 PM

42 posts, read 15,292 times
Ugh, I work in downtown Brooklyn and wanted this so badly (I'm in the 80% of AMI bracket, so the rent would be reasonable for me). But my log # was 26,xxx. Even with disability preference, I'm quite sure they're not going to make it to me.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:48 AM

4 posts, read 1,611 times
Hi guys,

First of all - good luck to everyone. Hopefully we all get called.

I’m # 2XXX and still have not got called yet. Anyone get called recently or had an interview? Have you heard of anyone moving in?

Old 02-15-2019, 08:11 AM

4 posts, read 1,399 times
I was called yesterday & they told me that they reached my log number (I'm in the 600's) & they asked if I wanted to proceed. Long story short, it turns out they had calculated my income incorrectly so they had me down in the 130% AMI units when I'm supposed to be in the 80% ! They said they would look into my file and get back to me. So now I'm back in the waiting game! =\

Old 02-15-2019, 01:23 PM

Hey guys. A little bit of an update here: I got a call to view the apartment last week and did. The apartment is on the smallish-side for a studio (compared to the market rate studio listed), but does have w/d, dishwasher, and microwave in the unit. Overall it was nice. Also, I saw the lounge areas and gym, both nice pluses as well with great views. The next step is the waiting game with HPD, so I will keep you guys posted.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:50 AM

4 posts, read 1,611 times
Gotcha, thanks for the update. sounds like there aren’t any more 1 bedrooms available under the 80% AMI band?

Old 02-16-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmor View Post
Gotcha, thanks for the update. sounds like there arenít any more 1 bedrooms available under the 80% AMI band?
That's correct. Originally I wanted a 1 BR, but when they got to my log they let me know that there weren't any more 1BRs left.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:43 PM

Update: I went to view the apartment they chose for me on 2/12, and I let the management company know that day that I wanted to proceed. Two weeks later, I called today and was told they submitted my paperwork to HPD on Friday 2/22. Now just waiting. My current landlord would not let me stay month-to-month without an end date, so my stuff is in storage I am staying with my mom! LOL. Hopefully, it's not much longer wait.
Any one else hear anything?
Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or