U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 AM

11 posts, read 3,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkperson View Post
UPDATE: Spoke to the main point person at MHANY for this lottery. Here is what happened with our case:

Our log number came through Housing Connect website at the highest income band. So it was being processed at that income level up until the final review before sending to HPD (raising our hopes to the sky). That is when MHANY realized that we do not qualify for the highest income band and should go the next lower level (which we do qualify for).

However, there are lower log numbers at that lower income level that must be reviewed and processed before our case. Our file is complete and ready to go but will be sent to HPD only if MHANY does not find six (not five) other qualified applicants among the lower log numbers.

This review of lower log numbers will take about one month, so essentially our case is ON HOLD for one month (sigh!).
This is tough but good that you were able to get an explanation. We were invited to view an apartment yesterday but was told that they invited extra people to view it in case the 5 other people before us turned the 1 bedroom unit down. We're at 130 AMI. Entire process is such a roller coaster. So hard to plan ahead in this situation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 11:38 AM

28 posts, read 13,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkperson View Post
UPDATE: Spoke to the main point person at MHANY for this lottery. Here is what happened with our case:

Our log number came through Housing Connect website at the highest income band. So it was being processed at that income level up until the final review before sending to HPD (raising our hopes to the sky). That is when MHANY realized that we do not qualify for the highest income band and should go the next lower level (which we do qualify for).

However, there are lower log numbers at that lower income level that must be reviewed and processed before our case. Our file is complete and ready to go but will be sent to HPD only if MHANY does not find six (not five) other qualified applicants among the lower log numbers.

This review of lower log numbers will take about one month, so essentially our case is ON HOLD for one month (sigh!).
What size/unit did you see? I'm interviewing for 130 AMI later this week (log 14,xxx) only interested in 3bed.

Good luck to you.

I am guessing from the sound of things that no one has actually signed a lease or moved in yet?

Old 03-06-2019, 12:49 PM

846 posts, read 387,710 times
MHANY should've figured out your income didn't qualify for the highest band before sending you off to HPD. Sorry that happened to you.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:32 PM

3 posts, read 1,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyceastvillage View Post
This is tough but good that you were able to get an explanation. We were invited to view an apartment yesterday but was told that they invited extra people to view it in case the 5 other people before us turned the 1 bedroom unit down. We're at 130 AMI. Entire process is such a roller coaster. So hard to plan ahead in this situation!
Thanks for the kind words. On tenterhooks until we get a definitive answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymm8 View Post
What size/unit did you see? I'm interviewing for 130 AMI later this week (log 14,xxx) only interested in 3bed.

Good luck to you.

I am guessing from the sound of things that no one has actually signed a lease or moved in yet?
Thanks. Good luck to you as well. We are in exactly the same situation: 130 AMI, interested in 3 bed. So, I guess you could be one out of the six ahead of us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
MHANY should've figured out your income didn't qualify for the highest band before sending you off to HPD. Sorry that happened to you.
Thanks. They did or at least one person did! We received email from them end of Jan telling us the income band, apartment size and rent we qualify for. And these are all at 130 AMI, so not sure why they kept rolling us along at the wrong level.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:58 AM

21 posts, read 4,217 times
Does 50 Bridge Park block The landing? Did anyone see the apartments? Is there parking available?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:19 AM

How was the apartment? Did it get good sunlight? Was the apartment blocked by the adjacent building?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:41 AM

4 posts, read 1,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray0919 View Post
I was called yesterday & they told me that they reached my log number (I'm in the 600's) & they asked if I wanted to proceed. Long story short, it turns out they had calculated my income incorrectly so they had me down in the 130% AMI units when I'm supposed to be in the 80% ! They said they would look into my file and get back to me. So now I'm back in the waiting game! =\
*UPDATE*... I was waitlisted.. .

Old 03-07-2019, 11:10 AM

I hope you get it. Did you get to see an apartment?

Old 03-07-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design247 View Post
Does 50 Bridge Park block The landing? Did anyone see the apartments? Is there parking available?
We saw a 1 bedroom on the 8th floor at the 130 AMI. It semi-faced the BQE. It was smaller than the floor-plan layouts in the promotional materials. We were told that there are no 1 bedrooms in the AMI that face the water, all face the BQE. Not surprising, the management person also told us that all the units through affordable housing sites are smaller than market rate units and the floor plan layouts are not available on-line because they are not for the market. Which is something I knew but didn't immediately consider. Not sure about parking though I'm almost certain there is a parking garbage in the complex and I'm sure it's insanely expensive.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray0919 View Post
*UPDATE*... I was waitlisted.. .
We were told during our interview that this building does not have a wait list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or