U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:10 PM

21 posts, read 4,217 times

Advertisements

How much smaller than the market rent units? Did you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 12:32 PM

11 posts, read 3,348 times
From the online pictures it seemed much smaller. Each room is very close. You open front door and living room is in front, kitchen to the left in the same room no divider. Couch and kitchen table would fit snug in the room. Bedroom was okay size. Queen size bed and dresser fit but again not a lot of space between furniture. The bathroom was nice, though no tub just shower. Something to note because the ceilings are cement there are no ceiling lights. It was new and that's nice. But the 130 AMI unit is pricey and so we're thinking about what we could get for the same price.

Old 03-07-2019, 12:38 PM

Yes, the condo in front blocks 15 Bridge Park but again none of the affordable units face the water but BQE, so really doesn't matter about this building!

Old 03-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Thanks. It does sound small

Old 03-07-2019, 12:42 PM

Also, why would the affordable unit floor plans be different? That doesn't seem, right? How were the lobby and amenities?

Old 03-07-2019, 12:47 PM

1,274 posts, read 557,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyceastvillage View Post
Yes, the condo in front blocks 15 Bridge Park but again none of the affordable units face the water but BQE, so really doesn't matter about this building!
Hilarious, I actually applied but erroneously didn't update my income prior to submitting the application (though truth be told, I wasn't excited about paying 2500 for a one bedroom -- even worse 2300 for a studio) and was rejected based on income. I thought about challenging but screw that. It's not even close to any subways I take. Base on what you said about the views and size, I'm ok with that decision. It's a shame though - to hear apts are smaller with highway views.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:07 PM

I was really disappointed about that and while the amenities are nice--lounge area, gym, kid room, still expensive. And as for the lobby, it's typical of these new boutique buildings. It seems not such a loss to miss this one!

Old 03-07-2019, 03:18 PM

23 posts, read 11,499 times
Latest update: Received an e-mail from MHANY saying that they needed me to sign some documents. I came in to MHANY on the week of February 25th to sign the 4506-T and TIC. I was told that they had me sign the old version of these forms the last month, and that they needed me to sign the updated ones for HPD. I was also told by the following week the paperwork would be sent off to HPD, and that after it was sent off that a decision would be imminent. Looks like that might not be the case now after reading some of the responses here. I guess I will just wait it out with the rest of you lol.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:44 AM

11 posts, read 4,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawneeSalami View Post
Latest update: Received an e-mail from MHANY saying that they needed me to sign some documents. I came in to MHANY on the week of February 25th to sign the 4506-T and TIC. I was told that they had me sign the old version of these forms the last month, and that they needed me to sign the updated ones for HPD. I was also told by the following week the paperwork would be sent off to HPD, and that after it was sent off that a decision would be imminent. Looks like that might not be the case now after reading some of the responses here. I guess I will just wait it out with the rest of you lol.
Thats the identical scenario and timeline which I am in. Sent paperwork, was told theyre submitting to HPD the following week and shoUld hear immediately thereafter. If they stick to the timeline they stated, we should hear back this coming week. I hope so.

Old 03-10-2019, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 821 times
Apparently it is illegal to have affordable housing units smaller in size and without views according to guidelines. These developers are required by law to randomize apartments for affordable income candidates as they are getting a huge tax break. These buildings aren't allowed to treat the units like the TITANIC and have lower income families in "steerage" or the basement.
People who actually make it into this unit can make a big stink and take the development to court. I'm trying to go for a 3 BR. I have an interview this week, but would like to see the units as well. I wonder if they will allow a walkthrough or a tour of the property?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or