U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 05:47 PM

13 posts, read 7,942 times

Advertisements

Thank you. I give the HPD people credit for at least replying to me even though they claimed there was nothing they can do and they wont intervene in their(c+c) individual decision (to not reply to my appeal?). I made a hard case too my income was not over and my credit ran. Still nothing, I consider it bad luck or some sort of error they weren't prepared to rectify.

I agree though. We are all meant for different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 06:20 PM

85 posts, read 29,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yet_another_hpb_acc View Post
They ignored my appeal (no response) HPD did nothing about it giving me the lamest response. So while all that waiting was happening I continued saving and now I'm approved for somewhere larger and beautiful in another state that allows pets for next month!

Hopefully people here dont get jerked around much, I know people cant leave easy or even want to. This management team is bad. And from what I seen in other threads over the years, when the prescreen is bad they're typically bad when you live there. Stay on your toes, my NYC story is over.
Congratulations I live in the building just know you dodge a bullet. The management company is full of S***. Iím already regarding my decision dealing with this management company.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:39 PM

59 posts, read 24,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkunicorn0829 View Post
Congratulations I live in the building just know you dodge a bullet. The management company is full of S***. Iím already regarding my decision dealing with this management company.
Woah whatís wrong?

Old 04-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeWorldd View Post
Woah whatís wrong?
Their moving guideline is horrible. The management is too control. The building is also something similar to a shelter such as supporting housing which they did mention at the interview or on the listing for the approval I honestly feel like I live in a shelter with all the rules and regulations.but overall the apartments are beautiful. Also if you have voucher the apartment isnít the amount thatís advertised on the listing. So whatever your voucher amount is thats the amount of the rent

Old 04-05-2019, 07:31 PM

Oh no, controlling how ? What kind of rules ?

Old 04-05-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Oh no, controlling how ? What kind of rules ?
Itís a lot but the moving in guidelines is what really sent me over the edge. You canít move large furniture on the weekend or without a setting a time slot. Thatís really inconsiderate for ppl that work during the week and they will not accommodate you under any means. So now the moving process take longer then usually. So if you plan on moving in the building plan your moving in accordingly. Oh yea you can only move in during the week 9-5.

Old 04-06-2019, 05:51 AM

35 posts, read 7,157 times
You gotta be kidding me smh i pay my rent don’t give me no rules..and this is why they need to speed this process up cause people have jobs i told my job I’ll probably need some days off coming up so i can figure out moving in and stuff.. thank you for telling us Know i appreciate it

Old 04-06-2019, 05:53 AM

35 posts, read 7,157 times
What about visitors and stuff causeeee my sister lives up the block from me and will be helping out with my daughter they better not say anything smh

Old 04-06-2019, 07:07 AM

Yeah the last thing I need Is a controlling company on my first apartment lol I’ll be damned ! I remember a mention of signing in and out the building. Does this still apply ?

Old 04-06-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Yeah the last thing I need Is a controlling company on my first apartment lol Iíll be damned ! I remember a mention of signing in and out the building. Does this still apply ?
Yes that still applied. The moving in process is just really overwhelming and the moving company donít care. They will not work with you. I feel like moving in on a weekday only business hours is hard and annoying. Once thing I did notice too when they say no smoking they mean it they set up the smoke detector to go over as soon as smoke is in the air. At lease signing you have to sign a lot of paperwork regarding smoke relegations. But overall itís a beautiful building the apartments is gorgeous. I guess coming from one lottery apartment with no rules to one with a few rules is just something to get use to 😬😬😬😬.
Also do you know your unit number already? Some of the units have a open kitchen and a bathroom in the bedrooms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or