U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 07:55 PM

13 posts, read 7,604 times

Advertisements

Hi all!

I've been lurking this forum for quite some time and learned about the Housing Lottery process in great detail. I've searched to see if there was a progress thread for this particular development and I saw none in several pages or with the search engine.

Is there anyone who has applied to the development? If so what is your progress?

Any approvals? Any viewing? Any idea when construction is completed?

My paperwork has been sent for approval today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 10:36 AM

58 posts, read 23,531 times
Hey!

Thanks for creating this needed forum. I had my interview for this development 3 weeks ago. I havent heard anything yet (been trying to remain patient) but maybe I should contact management just in case. I was told 1 building would be completed by this month, the other 2 by March. My credit was ran and I was told I qualified and what not so let’s see.

How did you find out your application was sent ?

Old 01-25-2019, 10:49 AM

They told me at my appointment yesterday. Then they just sent me an over income rejection letter this morning. Is it normal for them to not tell you how much over you are? All I can see myself doing is arguing a miscalculation and resending my recent documents through mail?

They've ran my credit, they've done two interviews with me since 3 months ago. They've been given my documentation twice and all during this did not let me see calculations neither inform me if I was over however that was. This feels like a miscalculation and I don't know how to prove it besides resubmitting my recent documents.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:02 AM

At your interview, did they sit with you and calculated your income? Usually at these interviews they will let you know on the spot if your income doesnt qualifies. So that’s weird. Unless they calculated something extra after? But all in all, you can always appeal.

So this was your second interview—What exactly did this 2nd visit entail, Same documents requested ?

Old 01-25-2019, 11:06 AM

They didn't show me my income on either interview and I'm putting that in my appeal. In both they had me sign papers and submit documents without alerting me at all. They ran my credit after the 1st interview and put me on the wait list. 2nd was to submit updated documents and sign release forms.

So I'm wondering how am I suddenly in less than a day over a mysterious amount? I'm so upset.

I also have preference.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:21 AM

How long they did take to inform you about being placed on the waiting list after that first interview?

I read on these forums as well as the handbook that they would only run your credit if you seem to qualify and they have a unit available for you. Odd.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:24 AM

3 days after the initial interview they told me I was wait listed and ran my credit in the same sweep. Then 3 months later they called me back in for a next day rejection.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:45 AM

Well I say appeal. They should tell you the calculations of your income and how exactly you don’t qualify

Old 01-25-2019, 11:47 AM

I definitely am and I am also attaching the credit reports. Talking it out with you cleared my head. Thanks, and I hope your progress isn't a circus too. Their credit inquiry will be on my report for 2 years over nothing or even telling me.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:58 AM

Yes running your credit for no reason def. sucks smh. I’ve learned that you have to be patient with these lotteries. Though I get Impatient and of course we all want answers lol specially when “rejected”. Thank you, I hope lol goes well with you. Let’s keep this forum updated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or