Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 11:49 PM

87 posts, read 118,016 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I did a lot of research on this before creating a new thread but couldn't find anything. I've applied to a housing with my old address and that doesn't give me a CB preference and puts me in the General bucket with others. However, I moved to a new place officially, and now I'm a CB preference to the project I've applied and the lottery status is still open. What are my options to be considered as a CB preference after the log #s out. Can I somehow find out their contact info and inform them that now I'm a CB preference? Will that put me with other CB preferences? I'm trying to get an interview along with CB preferences, but how would they know my address have changed? Any advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 05:25 AM

4,739 posts, read 6,432,738 times
Unfortunately, you need to be in the CB when both applying and being processed. So you can't get community preference by moving into the community board after you apply. See the Marketing Handbook, page 39, for the rules.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf

Old 03-06-2019, 08:28 PM

87 posts, read 118,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Unfortunately, you need to be in the CB when both applying and being processed. So you can't get community preference by moving into the community board after you apply. See the Marketing Handbook, page 39, for the rules.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...g-handbook.pdf
I see it now. Thank for the info and the link ! I guess I just hope to get a lower Log# then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: