U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 10:54 AM

1,411 posts, read 496,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hand View Post
Ahhh Parckchester, the lesser Stuyvesant Town. Considered renting there when was living on the Bainbridge area in the early 90's, no diff so stayed put until my application for the real Stuy Town came thru in '99

No, Stuy Town is the lesser Parkchester! :-) (Parkchester was the first, Stuy Town is the exact copy of it). No wonder you stayed away from Parkchester in the early 90s when it was a major example of urban decay... now it is a major example of urban renewal - plus, you can own your own condo in Parkchester, which you can't in Stuy Town (which is all-rental). Yes, Stuy Town is in midtown/lower Manhattan, but Parkchester, the Bronx is getting its own Metro North station, so in 4 years or so it will be exactly 23 min from midtown Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 10:58 AM

7,874 posts, read 3,121,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
No, Stuy Town is the lesser Parkchester! :-) (Parkchester was the first, Stuy Town is the exact copy of it). No wonder you stayed away from Parkchester in the early 90s when it was a major example of urban decay... now it is a major example of urban renewal - plus, you can own your own condo in Parkchester, which you can't in Stuy Town (which is all-rental). Yes, Stuy Town is in midtown/lower Manhattan, but Parkchester, the Bronx is getting its own Metro North station, so in 4 years or so it will be exactly 23 min from midtown Manhattan.
Please... I know you want to increase your property values, but if I wanted subsidized housing I'd go with Stuy Town. Parkchester aside from the transportation you mentioned which is still at least four years away at the earliest has pretty mediocre eating options and supermarkets.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Please... I know you want to increase your property values, but if I wanted subsidized housing I'd go with Stuy Town. Parkchester aside from the transportation you mentioned which is still at least four years away at the earliest has pretty mediocre eating options and supermarkets.

Right, if those people who consider "eating options" and supermarkets to be the meaning of life stayed far away from Parkchester, I'd be very glad. I'd also be very glad if more frugal people who consider professional achievement to be the meaning of life moved into Parkchester. As I said many times, I have no interest in increasing my property value (it is not "values" in plural, since it is only one small studio that I own), because the only effect of the increased property value for me would be the increased real estate tax.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Right, if those people who consider "eating options" and supermarkets to be the meaning of life stayed far away from Parkchester, I'd be very glad. I'd also be very glad if more frugal people who consider professional achievement to be the meaning of life moved into Parkchester. As I said many times, I have no interest in increasing my property value (it is not "values" in plural, since it is only one small studio that I own), because the only effect of the increased property value for me would be the increased real estate tax.
Unless you consider grease spoons eating options, then yes, it's pretty bad there.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Unless you consider grease spoons eating options, then yes, it's pretty bad there.
I don't care. For some people, "eating options" are nowhere on the list of their values.

The place is a part of architectural history, is almost crime-free by now, already has a direct subway connection with Manhattan, and when the Metro North starts running - the projected date now in 2023 - it will be totally convenient to Manhattan).

Old 03-13-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I don't care. For some people, "eating options" are nowhere on the list of their values.

The place is a part of architectural history, is almost crime-free by now, already has a direct subway connection with Manhattan, and when the Metro North starts running - the projected date now in 2023 - it will be totally convenient to Manhattan).
The only thing it had going for it was that it was cheap... Now it isn't so cheap given the poor amenities. $1500 - 1600 for a one bedroom in Parkchester... LOL

Old 03-13-2019, 01:00 PM

433 posts, read 261,369 times
You automatically think Brooklyn and Queens is safe? Your greatly misinformed. Brooklyn and Queens has some total violent areas that are riddled with crime.

Start looking for the real "safe" parts are surrounding counties first.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 PM

842 posts, read 384,233 times
Why has this turned into another parkchester thread

Old 03-13-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post

Because buying a condo in Parkchester is the cheapest way to live comfortably in NYC.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Parkchester in da housee!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or