Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 08:30 AM

1,199 posts, read 723,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Skinny for women, muscular but ripped for men.

Only change I've noticed in the last 20 years is the increased emphasis on abs. I don't know anybody who is trying to fatten up, quite the contrary.
Well people do want to look fat or stocky because it indicates that they are physically stronger I think. Kim Kardashian is a major role model in terms of width for my friends group. Many people are trying to gain weight on their rear end. Moreover my friend is a 5'7" and 105 lb guy whose goal weight is 170 lbs because he wants to look like The Rock.

Last edited by fatsquirrel; 03-20-2019 at 09:13 AM..

Old 03-20-2019, 09:51 AM

19,029 posts, read 13,937,683 times
5’7” 170 is not “fattening up”, at least not when most people describe it. That’s a great weight for I shape people. I’m 5’8”, 170 and I’m posting this from the gym where I am 5 days a week.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-20-2019, 09:58 AM

144 posts, read 163,673 times
How is this a question? Yes in the upper classes being thin/in shape is still "a thing" LOL.The only difference vs. say the 90-ies is that now its not "heroin chic" that is in fashion but rather athletic, healthy, toned look. More muscular for both men and women, so no skinny per se but thin and athletic. The craze about healthy lifestyle, diets etc. is seemingly reaching its nadir right about now.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
5’7” 170 is not “fattening up”, at least not when most people describe it. That’s a great weight for I shape people. I’m 5’8”, 170 and I’m posting this from the gym where I am 5 days a week.
Life insurance companies say that we should be 100 lbs for the first 5 ft of height and 5 or 6 lbs for each inch afterward. Your BMI is 25.8 which is considered medically overweight or, in the vernacular, thicc. AFAIK, exercise doesn't have as much of an effect on one's weight as people think.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:24 AM

19,029 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Life insurance companies say that we should be 100 lbs for the first 5 ft of height and 5 or 6 lbs for each inch afterward. Your BMI is 25.8 which is considered medically overweight or, in the vernacular, thicc. AFAIK, exercise doesn't have as much of an effect on one's weight as people think.
BMI is bull unless you want to be extremely thin. I've been lifting weights since adolescence. BMI does not take into account muscle mass. Body Fat percentage is a much better measure for fitness.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-20-2019, 10:29 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,614,299 times
Then there's the old political cartoons of Tammany Hall as fat corporate slobs. While there is some correlation of low income to unhealthiness, it's more about being a product of your environment. I feel like throwing income in is really just grasping for reason, positive or negative.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
BMI is bull unless you want to be extremely thin. I've been lifting weights since adolescence. BMI does not take into account muscle mass. Body Fat percentage is a much better measure for fitness.
Did you get a body scan to test your fat percentage or are you guesstimating from caliper measurements. I would like to get a DEXA scan do you know the cheapest place.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:57 AM

268 posts, read 239,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
They just look like people that work in a corporation IMO. The show Billions is about corporate stock brokers which makes sense. Cohen collects balloon animals IRL in his Connecticut house which is awesome IMO.

How is Kew Gardens not expensive and for rich people when even the houses look like bling sometimes. I saw gold coated McMansions with Corinthian columns, hot pink marble with gold encrusted metal fences in front. White BMW parked in the front the house and the father is walking around wearing gold chains, gold rings and a neon colored suit. Junior rocking Canada Goose.
We must have different definitions of rich. The median home value in Kew Gardens is $646,900. The median price of homes currently listed in Tribeca is $3,825,000. I'm talking about real money, like over $5million a year.

Diet has a lot to do with size, imo. I don't know anyone who allows soda in their home and eating fast food is basically immoral. Salads and green juice are the foods of upperclass women.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayona View Post
We must have different definitions of rich. The median home value in Kew Gardens is $646,900. The median price of homes currently listed in Tribeca is $3,825,000. I'm talking about real money, like over $5million a year.

Diet has a lot to do with size, imo. I don't know anyone who allows soda in their home and eating fast food is basically immoral. Salads and green juice are the foods of upperclass women.
Yeah my friend who lives in Kew Gardens drinks tonic water like a g. No Arizona. Rich people eat filet mignon and caviar too.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:22 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,097,066 times
There's the truly wealthy who are under social pressure to be thin and fit. Women size 0 to 2. These women get the butt reductions. Fatsaquirrel's people want the butt enhancements and the bulked up men.

Friend growing up became a cosmetic surgeon. He treats both groups. Goes from one office where he reduces butts to the other where he enlarges them. Money is green either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City