U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:43 AM

53,962 posts, read 52,856,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanArt View Post
All they have to do is make it a law that all uber/lyft drivers can not use a parking garage to drop-off or pick up passengers. That all uber/lyft drivers must have their logo on and must be reported on the network as a violation.

Problem solved
Um, LOL, no, but that was pretty funny. The PA specifically SET UP AN AREA IN THE PARKING GARAGE for Uber/Lyft drivers for the convenience of passengers.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/gettin...e-much-easier/

Old 03-21-2019, 10:24 AM

7,832 posts, read 5,960,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Uber is way cheaper from bayside to lga
Here's a useful tip most people don't know about:

On Google Maps put in your destination and tap directions. Above where you see the icons for Driving, Transit, Bike, etc... you will also see an icon for "Ride Services". That will show you an instantaneous live feed of every ride service available from Uber, Lyft, and Juno, and sometimes others with the exact prices. So you can know right there what the exact cost for uberpool or uberXL SUVs or whatever and if it's cheaper than a yellow cab and exactly when your ride will get there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 10:50 AM

7,659 posts, read 4,963,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
For LGA I would take a bus out of 125th st or Jackson Heights. Why use a cab when there's a bus.
Take a public bus with luggage, no thanks! I took that bus once although cheap it is a long ride.

I would rather take a supershuttle bus to the airport than take a public bus.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:32 AM

12,325 posts, read 8,285,004 times
Some airports already started surcharging Uber/Lyft because it has crashed their parking and busing business. Including dedicated car services.

So enjoy while you can because eventually there will be $3-4 surcharge for every ride to airports.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:06 AM

31,366 posts, read 32,262,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagerNYC View Post
I take Uber because I like to know the price beforehand, uberpool, better cars and I don't like to carry cash.
One can pay for a Yellow cab either with a credit card or using an app (meaning one doesn't have to carry cash!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
For LGA I would take a bus out of 125th st or Jackson Heights. Why use a cab when there's a bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Take a public bus with luggage, no thanks! I took that bus once although cheap it is a long ride.
I think bus option is good for someone with just a small carry-on and especially if they live in Queens as some locations can be just a bus ride away from LGA.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Some airports already started surcharging Uber/Lyft because it has crashed their parking and busing business. Including dedicated car services.

So enjoy while you can because eventually there will be $3-4 surcharge for every ride to airports.
I doubt anyone's going to get upset over $3 - $4.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

I doubt anyone's going to get upset over $3 - $4, if that is actually the case.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:47 PM

3,347 posts, read 1,173,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
One can pay for a Yellow cab either with a credit card or using an app (meaning one doesn't have to carry cash!).

I think bus option is good for someone with just a small carry-on and especially if they live in Queens as some locations can be just a bus ride away from LGA.

Most taxi drivers prefer cash and actually had a attitude when I took out the credit card..

Old 03-23-2019, 09:18 PM

12,325 posts, read 8,285,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I doubt anyone's going to get upset over $3 - $4, if that is actually the case.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...-uber-and-lyft

It's $4 surcharge at LAX.

Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM

31,366 posts, read 32,262,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Most taxi drivers prefer cash and actually had a attitude when I took out the credit card..
You can complain to the Taxi & Limousine Commission if a problem like that arises.

As another alternative there is an app one can use to pay for NYC Yellow Cabs directly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or