U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 09:07 AM

15,681 posts, read 18,178,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Looks like parts of Queens is becoming the new Boogie Down...

https://pix11.com/category/local-stories/queens/

https://astoriapost.com/thieves-want...elry-cash-nypd

Where’s HellUpInHarlem yelling about how “ratchet” the Bronx is?
HellUpInHarlem hates the Bronx as just as bad as supermario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 09:43 AM

7,896 posts, read 3,155,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
HellUpInHarlem hates the Bronx as just as bad as supermario.
I haven't heard much from supermario, but HellUpInHarlem seems to have been robbed in the Bronx or something, like he has a personal vendetta against you guys living there.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Those burglaries sounds like a someone knew when the places will be vulnerable. Such as a ConED person or UPS/FEDEx person who knows the area and knows the residents are normally not at home at those times or are more relaxed on security at those times as they seem to happen first thing in the morning when just leaving for work or in the afternoon when leaving to pick kids up from school.

I wouldn't be surprised if when caught the person worked for a delivery company or utility company.
I have been seeing and hearing about more crimes though in Queens of late. In Whitestone, I've seen photos of cars on cylinder blocks... Something I would expect to see more in the Bronx.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:08 AM

7,819 posts, read 5,957,874 times
Quote:
You don't even ride the subways, so what do you know? There are all sorts of mentally ill people riding the subways, many of whom are a menace to themselves and others around them. Have you heard of such a thing called "suppression of data"? It exists, and it's real, and this administration is VERY good at suppressing information and twisting stats to fit their agenda.
I was downtown this week, and I can confirm that at the shiny new Fulton Street Station, there are at least two homeless people permanently living inside the men's public bathroom

Old 03-21-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Agreed. Probably used a on the books job as pretense to gain access to the facilities for off the books scheming. Only a couple of smart criminal groups did this back in the 90s in NY and LA
I worked at a shared office space in midtown once and there were a couple of run in and run out theft jobs grabbing a single laptop and running out. We found out later one of the bicycle courier guys had been tipping thieves to easy places to steal things inside office buildings and exactly where to go.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:36 AM

1,468 posts, read 867,968 times
Quote:
You don't even ride the subways, so what do you know? There are all sorts of mentally ill people riding the subways, many of whom are a menace to themselves and others around them. Have you heard of such a thing called "suppression of data"? It exists, and it's real, and this administration is VERY good at suppressing information and twisting stats to fit their agenda.
Not sure with riding the MTA during commuter hours has to do with anything. I'd say there are MORE homeless taking up seats on the off hours trains I use the system.

I'm aware police in Europe suppress information and probably for good reason. It helps prevent the paranoid sensationalism like that being showcased in this thread.

On that note... any links to where NYC (Democrats) are suppressing data on crime?

Old 03-21-2019, 11:58 AM

18,944 posts, read 33,871,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I was downtown this week, and I can confirm that at the shiny new Fulton Street Station, there are at least two homeless people permanently living inside the men's public bathroom
I'm more surprised at the fact that you attempted to use a MTA bathroom...

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
As Kate McKinnon says, "Bish ya cray".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
Not sure with riding the MTA during commuter hours has to do with anything. I'd say there are MORE homeless taking up seats on the off hours trains I use the system.

I'm aware police in Europe suppress information and probably for good reason. It helps prevent the paranoid sensationalism like that being showcased in this thread.

On that note... any links to where NYC (Democrats) are suppressing data on crime?
Who said anything about "commuter hours"? I commented about you likely not using the subways in general. On that note, no I don't have any links. Just use common sense. Not everyone is living in a bubble like some people in this thread.

Old 03-21-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'm more surprised at the fact that you attempted to use a MTA bathroom...
hah! and yeah I was leaning sideways to not step on the giant puddle of who the hell knows what and avoiding putting my hands on anything

I should have known better, even a brand new shiny stainless steel bathroom in a place with 24/7 security guards in NYC is going to get trashed

Old 03-21-2019, 02:23 PM

855 posts, read 393,990 times
Here you are going on the actual data again, GoHuskies, like some kind of reality-based person. Don't you know better? People who want to be scared of black or brown people are going to stay scared no matter what you tell them.

(I ride the subways twice a day at least. I see homeless people who are probably mentally ill all the time. The worst thing most of them do is stink like hell. Which I certainly don't enjoy, but imagine how bad a shape you have to be in not to mind that you smell like that and have some pity in your heart. You see the occasional agitated one, but you also see agitated *******s in business suits.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City