Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 08:40 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,631,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The guy was busted. So in fact those seemingly callous videographers ended up staying safe, out of the fray and helped cops get the perp. Sometimes staying behind the camera and “not helping” is the right thing to do !

https://nypost.com/2019/03/23/cops-b...ead-on-subway/
He was in some sort of cooking outfit on his perp walk, so I guess this clown was a restaurant chef?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 09:03 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,040,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
He was in some sort of cooking outfit on his perp walk, so I guess this clown was a restaurant chef?
The Post headline just calls him a “restaurant worker” so it’s a bit unclear. But yeah, he’s wearing a chefs coat.

Old 03-24-2019, 06:50 AM

11,192 posts, read 9,020,542 times
I knew grandma said some BS to spark this beatdown.

She said, at that point, ‘I have a knife and I’m going to stab you,’” and flashed “a sharp instrument,

"Earlier Saturday, a former neighbor of the victim had told The Post the elderly woman was mentally ill — and had threatened residents in the past with a knife."

"The victim’s former Bronx neighbors told The Post on Saturday that she is a childless, retired kindergarten teacher who moved out three or four years ago.She was just mentally ill,” one woman at the co-op said. “She wasn’t paying rent. She threatened at least three co-opers with a knife… She used to call the fire department, cops all the time.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:22 AM

12,191 posts, read 7,150,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I could not click on that video so damm sad
You didn't miss much. It was very brief (like about 5 seconds of actual action) and it showed the guy kicking a seated old lady in the head a few times. She did try to block a few kicks with her arm.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:26 AM

12,191 posts, read 7,150,522 times
I would be afraid to film a perp in action because he can see that and come after me (and my expensive phone).

How much can you make out of these type of videos anyway? They've become pretty common on the internet.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:52 AM

9,239 posts, read 23,994,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

She said, at that point, ‘I have a knife and I’m going to stab you,’” and flashed “a sharp instrument,

"Earlier Saturday, a former neighbor of the victim had told The Post the elderly woman was mentally ill — and had threatened residents in the past with a knife."

"The victim’s former Bronx neighbors told The Post on Saturday that she is a childless, retired kindergarten teacher who moved out three or four years ago.She was just mentally ill,” one woman at the co-op said. “She wasn’t paying rent. She threatened at least three co-opers with a knife… She used to call the fire department, cops all the time.
Should be a lesson to us all about jumping to conclusions.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:00 AM

6,219 posts, read 3,549,768 times
Those dudes are p**** for not trying to help.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:25 PM

1,486 posts, read 976,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The guy was busted. So in fact those seemingly callous videographers ended up staying safe, out of the fray and helped cops get the perp. Sometimes staying behind the camera and “not helping” is the right thing to do !

This is true. If there wasn't a video tape no one would have knows this incident occurred and the guy would not have been arrested as it seems the lady was homeless, never filed a report and went on her way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post

I knew it had to be something, she alleged said something to set off the guy and he overreacted instead of walking away. Also to all those that kept saying those that were recording should have jumped in to help.....take a look at the guys record. You never know what you are going to put yourself into when you decide to help. The guys been arrested before for carrying a shotgun and ammo.

And to top it off look at where he was arrested and his profession. You truly never know who people are or what they are capable of and this is why most people with the NYC mentality choose to mind their own business and put their own safety first.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:47 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,806,771 times
His fiance says “It looks like he just went over there and starting kicking her for no apparent reason,” Ms. Cox, 44, said in an interview, adding, “I’ve known him since he was 16. He’s not a bad person.”

lol

Old 03-24-2019, 03:32 PM

33,815 posts, read 16,819,867 times
The attacker btw has an outstanding date in court for having a 12 gauge with tons of ammo in his car, plus prior violent arrests before that.

This video will insure he spend sufficient time in a cage, so the rest of us will be safer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: