Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 02:55 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
I will stop wasting my time correcting your values, many of which appear wrong to me, mr mathjak. What is done cannot be undone by now... I enjoyed reading your poste and views on long term investment strategy and analysis, even though a big part of it has become obsolete in today’s markets...
well if you think they are obsolete don't read em , simple answer ..... in the mean time they work very well for me .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 02:56 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
well then what you count as normal investment activities is incorrect because that is exactly what they do ... the fact you don't want to count the use of futures or options does not mean they are not used in " normal investment activities " and that use is still not dirty or criminal or anything else you want to call it ...

you are just on a witch hunt but you are off the correct path . i think you just need to better understand just what investment vehicles do and how they are used before commenting on what constitutes normal investment activities ...
You will be shocked at how much I know once you see my tradig history... I woke up to realize the evil part of it to quit in time.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You will be shocked at how much I know once you see my tradig history... I woke up to realize the evil part of it to quit in time.
so post your trading history .... i always post mine in the investing section . i get those people all the time that ask me to prove i make the trades i do .

as we say in the investing forum , if it ain't posted it did not happen .

Old 04-02-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
so post your trading history .... i always post mine in the investing section .
No thanks...I despise myself for doing it... I mentioned only to remind you not to under estimate who you are arguing with.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
No thanks...I despise myself for doing it... I mentioned only to remind you not to under estimate who you are arguing with.
well your argument did not help your cause .. it just portrayed you as being weak in understanding financial vehicles merely based on those comments. we only have what you post to go by

Old 04-02-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
well your argument did not help your cause .. it just portrayed you as being weak in understanding financial vehicles merely based on those comments. we only have what you post to go by
It is neither your first time probably nor your last time to misinterpret my posts, intentionally or not, just to enjoy that false sense of winning an argument, maybe? I am fine with it...happy dinner time!!

Old 07-02-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Without any exaggeration, NYC is due for a 5-yr long recession, or stagnation at the best. Reason? Thanks to current admin’s incompetency in planing and steering of the economic growth, diversification, and transition to a new tech-driven economy, plus the aging citywide infrastructure that is on the brink of collapse but no funds avail to revive or repair it to support sustainable development, aside from the snowballing pension/ welfare/maintenance expenses that wipes out bigger and netter portions of city revenues.

Things will get worse before it could get better, unless the fed will intervene and inject money to stop nyc from sliding and ultimate collapse. The majority of nyc Residents are suffering financial hardship under de Blasios’s ruling, while the rest of country recover and rebound soundly from last crisis. There is little financial margin left for nyers to weather a minor national wide recession, which is looming. Welcome your thoughts!
It is over a year since the genesis of this visionary thread. Life has become excruciatingly tough for many NYers and their family not only financially, but also emotionally and physically due to persistent threats of a deadly pandemic mixed with rising violent crimes, disarmed police force, and strengthening KKK-equivalent terror groups like antifa/BLM.

The recession emerged in such an unprecedented manner, scale, speed and complexity, all “leaders” are dumbfounded and clueless about how to lead when leadership is needed for the most...ironically, cuomo, who failed to protect tens of millions NYers from the pandemic and is arguably responsible for creating a covid hotbed that facilitates its nationwide spread, has now received a heroic recognition despite that 10s of thousands NYers died alone in hospital beds in the past few months... just so sad...

So, it is officially here, as feared and predicted. The question is, what are you doing to protect you and family while hoping to ride through when it ends, IF it will end in the next 5 years?

Old 07-03-2020, 05:00 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,918 times
Quote:
It is over a year since the genesis of this visionary thread. Life has become excruciatingly tough for many NYers and their family not only financially, but also emotionally and physically due to persistent threats of a deadly pandemic mixed with rising violent crimes, disarmed police force, and strengthening KKK-equivalent terror groups like antifa/BLM.

The recession emerged in such an unprecedented manner, scale, speed and complexity, all “leaders” are dumbfounded and clueless about how to lead when leadership is needed for the most...ironically, cuomo, who failed to protect tens of millions NYers from the pandemic and is arguably responsible for creating a covid hotbed that facilitates its nationwide spread, has now received a heroic recognition despite that 10s of thousands NYers died alone in hospital beds in the past few months... just so sad...

So, it is officially here, as feared and predicted. The question is, what are you doing to protect you and family while hoping to ride through when it ends, IF it will end in the next 5 years?
Agreed. This pandemic broke the camels back named America.

Old 07-03-2020, 07:59 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:

Washing our hands, practicing social distancing, and wearing our masks when required. We will continue to practice this even after Covid is over. You?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-03-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Washing our hands, practicing social distancing, and wearing our masks when required. We will continue to practice this even after Covid is over. You?

I have been working like a charm to stock up on supplies/resources and prepare for the next 5-10 years before everything dries up...you should as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City