U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,639,182 times

Advertisements

I told ya'll before this girl is just looking for fame. She should've just gotten plastic surgery and tried to be an instagram model like the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

2,779 posts, read 1,289,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
At best she is a “White” Latina

At BEST?????
This is the 21st Century, no the 17th.

Thank you for also taking notice.

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM

11,041 posts, read 21,395,816 times
The other thing that makes no sense is her response. Can anyone tell me what this means and how it relates to speaking like you're black?

“Folks talking about my voice can step right off,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “Women’s March & Kavanaugh speech, same. Any kid who grew up in a distinct linguistic culture & had to learn to navigate class enviros at school/work knows what’s up. My Spanish is the same way.”

Old Yesterday, 11:02 AM

2,820 posts, read 3,529,817 times
I don't see the issue. When she becomes President her abilities will undoubtedly aid our country like when she negotiates with China and utlizes her Chinese accent.

Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM

7,698 posts, read 5,000,918 times
Politics is similar to professional wrestling. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM

1,185 posts, read 890,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Thank you for also taking notice.
You and Kefir have no comment on the fakeness of her words and actions, but jump on any chance to call out fake racism. Say a lot.

Stay quiet, keep checking the thread until someone says something that you "feel" is wrong, then make her the victim of whatever someone said. Rinse, repeat.

Democrats, party of "Victims".

Old Yesterday, 11:49 AM

11,041 posts, read 21,395,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
I don't see the issue. When she becomes President her abilities will undoubtedly aid our country like when she negotiates with China and utlizes her Chinese accent.
That reminds me of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxWbhCAdNus

Old Yesterday, 11:52 AM

21,591 posts, read 22,999,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You and Kefir have no comment on the fakeness of her words and actions, but jump on any chance to call out fake racism. Say a lot.

Stay quiet, keep checking the thread until someone says something that you "feel" is wrong, then make her the victim of whatever someone said. Rinse, repeat.

Democrats, party of "Victims".
The identity politics stuff doesn't matter much to me. She can start pulling a full Simpsons Apu in a room of Desis and I still don't care (well, maybe except for what a lack of judgment that would entail). The minute she starts taking money from big donors and quid pro quo-ing, then she should be dropped like a hot brick. Unfortunately, that's a lot of politicians that need to be dropped, but she campaigned on it and that hypocrisy would be just that much dirtier.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with folding clothes, cooking, and driving other people around on a bus for a living. Bus drivers get extra respect--I buy beers at the bar for anyone I meet who works in mass transit and isn't a tool. Remember, kids, the bus driver and train operator aren't the ones ****ing up your commute.

Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM

1,267 posts, read 343,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
The other thing that makes no sense is her response. Can anyone tell me what this means and how it relates to speaking like you're black?

“Folks talking about my voice can step right off,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “Women’s March & Kavanaugh speech, same. Any kid who grew up in a distinct linguistic culture & had to learn to navigate class enviros at school/work knows what’s up. My Spanish is the same way.”
I guess she's saying that she code switches? Doesn't change that the accent is super forced, though.

Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

617 posts, read 578,366 times
Hillary Clinton did it in lengths and claimed to keep hot sauce in her bag.. CNN and their legions of fake liberals said nothing...

AOC and Sanders must mean what they say if they are sharing the front page of CNN with Trump at six-hour intervals.. Looks like they have their fake liberals working to get Harris or Biden in; proper less-crass lobbyist liars...

Primaries will be here soon and people will get to vote for their favorite crass or non-crass liar that will do nothing for US poverty and drug epidemic. If you're a minority in the US you're actually better off with the keep immigrants from being used to displace minority citizens president; if you can believe it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City