Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 01:37 PM

2,982 posts, read 1,165,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
You are not making any sense.
Her being from the Bronx means she is of a mixed background??
Born in the bronx but rise in westchester.ny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2019, 02:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Born in the bronx but rise in westchester.ny
Yep, she moved from our forum favorite Parkchester when she was five and then moved back to the Bronx eight years ago, though apparently her dad was born and raised in the Bronx and his side of the family is in the Bronx. That dozen or so years in the Bronx versus about the same in Westchester isn’t so bad—what’s disturbing is the four in Boston. Honestly, how does someone live in Boston?

Old 04-07-2019, 04:02 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
How embarrassing

And the clapping of the hands is the icing on the cake! Her handlers are really giving her great advice before she speaks I see...

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...61450216755200
I wanted to post this same video on here, but I figured if I did both mods would have shut down the thread.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:07 PM

When I saw the video, I didn't laugh, but I saw it as cringee. Nto only that but she stereotyped jobs that black people normally perform such as retail, or driving a bus. I took to black Twitter to read comments on what black folks were saying about AOC speech at national action network. And in black Twitter, the racists and anti white, anti immigrant pro blacks, and black conservatives who are pro maga were mega outraged by AOC speech. With this video evidence. I can't blame both echo chambers for not voting democrat and it's because people like AOC and leaving the democrat plantation. I know for a fact that the white liberals are upset at her speech. White liberals don't like when people berate black folks.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 04-07-2019 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-07-2019, 04:10 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,151,256 times
As a long time nyer, cant call it a black accent,as there is no such thing.

She was talking down to the crowd,sort of in a preaching manner, but she was fully pronouncing her words, and played to the crowd.

Why dont you all give up on this race stuff. She is a white Latina. Could have some Indian (native to country of orgin). Taino is a myth, basically no DNA left. PR peeps hold taino DNA if any.

Bottom line, she is American holding a seat. An open target for critics. Fortunately, she may not have all those bones in the closet, like the oldtimers.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
As a long time nyer, cant call it a black accent,as there is no such thing.

She was talking down to the crowd,sort of in a preaching manner, but she was fully pronouncing her words, and played to the crowd.

Why dont you all give up on this race stuff. She is a white Latina. Could have some Indian (native to country of orgin). Taino is a myth, basically no DNA left. PR peeps hold taino DNA if any.

Bottom line, she is American holding a seat. An open target for critics. Fortunately, she may not have all those bones in the closet, like the oldtimers.
Taino is not a myth, it’s just mostly in the mtDNA line and in much smaller proportion (think the equivalent of one or two great-grandmothers) than European ancestry. It doesn’t always express itself, but from her looks, it doesn’t seem likely that she doesn’t have some indigenous American ancestry. I definitely know a few PRs who look down on her because of that as she’s not white like they are. All part of the great system of punching down whenever you feel like you can.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
Talk black to me, lol.

As a black man, I feel embarrassed to know that other blacks find this crap funny. THat's why blacks will always be at the bottom because we have normalized degenerate behavior to the point where we allow others to mimic and mock us.
Until someone outside the black culture drops the n or c word. Than everyone wants to protest and demand a firing or a resignation.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:07 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,597,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagomorfo View Post
She does not look like a white 'Latina'. She is probably white with some black and likely a little bit of Taino or other indigenous.
(I am a brown Latina with deep interest in mixed ethnicities.)
If anything she appears to be white with some Native/Taino/indigenous.
I don't see any African ancestry in her, but of course you never know with anyone

Old 04-07-2019, 06:20 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1DE7QL0giU

Old 04-07-2019, 06:48 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,151,256 times
Sad how we keep using PR when they are USA. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City