Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 11:52 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,357,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Yep. Unvaccinated kid travels to a place with an active measles outbreak. Contracts the disease, brings it home and spreads it to others in his mostly unvaccinated community.

Most people will not get it, but the more anti vaxxers the more people at risk. I don’t care about the anti vaxxers putting themselves at risk. That’s their choice. I do have an issue with them putting kids too young for vaccines and people who have legitimate medical reasons they can’t get vaccinated at risk.

Let them do as they wish. Just don’t allow them to send their unvaccinated spawn to daycares, public schools or colleges that have mandatory vaccination policies.

That's true. I would understand if this was a new vaccine but this vaccine has been around for how long.

Old 04-13-2019, 11:53 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,010,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

Don't be ridiculous.

I it not MORE ridiculous to presume, without evidence, that any vaccine would give a lifetime of protection?

I am sure that getting Mumps or Rubella along with the first Social Security check is risky business indeed. Perhaps POSTPONING a childhood illness is the worst way to deal with the problem.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,637,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
That's true. I would understand if this was a new vaccine but this vaccine has been around for how long.
56 years, since 1963.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I it not MORE ridiculous to presume, without evidence, that any vaccine would give a lifetime of protection?

I am sure that getting Mumps or Rubella along with the first Social Security check is risky business indeed. Perhaps POSTPONING a childhood illness is the worst way to deal with the problem.
I meant don't be ridiculous to think that adults are supposed to get every vaccine out there. Some are for special circumstances and travel.

Vaccines don't POSTPONE illness, the PREVENT it. In the Rockland County outbreak, only 15% of cases are over the age of 19. No boosters for measles vaccine are recommended in adulthood because the vaccine gives long term, presumably lifetime immunity (though it will have to be out a lot longer before we can say lifetime). While we are having measles outbreaks, we haven't had any rubella outbreaks.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:47 AM

Vaccines don't POSTPONE illness, the PREVENT it

That may be the current COVER story, but only time will tell whether it is truth or merely advertising.

Can we be even REASONABLY sure, forget CERTAIN, that any or all vaccines give lifelong protection?
The honest answer is NO.

Last edited by Kefir King; 04-15-2019 at 09:56 AM..

Old 04-16-2019, 06:20 PM

13 posts, read 12,220 times
Quote:
Can I presume regular MMR vaccine booster shots will need to be given. If immunity wanes with time will we see people dying of mumps when they are 50?
I work in a school so because I work with the public, I had my MMR titers tested. I'm still fully immune at 54.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:32 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,927,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
56 years, since 1963.

I meant don't be ridiculous to think that adults are supposed to get every vaccine out there. Some are for special circumstances and travel.

Vaccines don't POSTPONE illness, the PREVENT it. In the Rockland County outbreak, only 15% of cases are over the age of 19. No boosters for measles vaccine are recommended in adulthood because the vaccine gives long term, presumably lifetime immunity (though it will have to be out a lot longer before we can say lifetime). While we are having measles outbreaks, we haven't had any rubella outbreaks.
A person who was immune to measles or certain other diseases could lose that immunity over time, especially if there are other serious health risks.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2knoww View Post
I work in a school so because I work with the public, I had my MMR titers tested. I'm still fully immune at 54.

Do you not think it possible
that you have been re-inoculated over the years by infected kids?

Ukraine has the world's worst measles epidemic (54,000 last year and going strong this year) and it is largely infecting the adult population that WERE immunized before 2001, when they discontinued a defective vaccine.
THAT is the kind of thing that gives me pause. Adult measles is more dangerous.

Nearly all of the ARB's (blood pressure medication) have been recalled because they were "contaminated" with carcinogenic impurities.

People screw up, corporations screw up, governments screw up and god knows, doctors screw up. Should we, without thought, open up our bloodstreams to them willy-nilly?

Old 04-17-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
+

Not the measles vaccine, the AIDS vaccine, nor the Hepatitis vaccines were in use in 1789. SO that is NOT "settled science"...except for cowpox and dairy maids. You made a silly statement assuming all vaccines were equally safe and effective.

All vaccines are not the equivalent to the 1798 variety, as you well pretend NOT to know.

Hep B and whatever else was in it was VERY WELL tested by the more gullible of the gay community who trusted a homophobic government NOT to attempt a genocide/sexocide? The test was a failure (or a success if you are enough of a Nazi) unleashing AIDS on the gay population and killing hundreds of thousands of young men.
Please provide solid proof that Hep B vaccinations of gay men deliberately included HIV, and that this was a deliberate attempt to wipe out gay people. Now obviously the government delayed the necessary research on treatment and on cures, due to homophobia and that cost many their lives.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Do you not think it possible
that you have been re-inoculated over the years by infected kids?

Ukraine has the world's worst measles epidemic (54,000 last year and going strong this year) and it is largely infecting the adult population that WERE immunized before 2001, when they discontinued a defective vaccine.
THAT is the kind of thing that gives me pause. Adult measles is more dangerous.

Nearly all of the ARB's (blood pressure medication) have been recalled because they were "contaminated" with carcinogenic impurities.

People screw up, corporations screw up, governments screw up and god knows, doctors screw up. Should we, without thought, open up our bloodstreams to them willy-nilly?
At the same time you can countries with poor healthcare. Lots of people die young, even as children.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Please provide solid proof that Hep B vaccinations of gay men deliberately included HIV, and that this was a deliberate attempt to wipe out gay people. Now obviously the government delayed the necessary research on treatment and on cures, due to homophobia and that cost many their lives.

Plenty of plausible deniability to go around.
I am reporting ONLY the outcome that I witnessed, and I am not ascribing motives, just the result at one of the two (NY and SF) or 3 (NY, SF and LA) locations, not sure which: a massive, deadly vaccination trial screw-up that ultimately killed thousands upon thousands of gay men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City