Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 07:54 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times

Advertisements

anti-vaxers!

i'm blaming deblasio

A real communist would have forced them into re-education labor camps and get vaccinated

Old 04-10-2019, 06:20 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
Thanks Deblasio!!!

j/k

Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
For grad school, I was first told, in writing, responding to my inquiry, that I didn't need to submit immunization records. Then, weeks later and right before registration, I was told, yes, I did! I was upset, because now, my ability to register was in jeopardy. Showed them their written response. They acknowledged their error, and did promise to hold a registration seat for me.

I sought legal advice. Talked to a few lawyers. All said "submit records, or get them shots! Now way around it!" And "do it now, before the school has to take your seat away!" "Why take a school, that's holding your seat, to court? You will lose!"

Went to the doctor for a full exam. (last time I had shots were as a kid! Finding them records would take a minute!) All clear, except he did give me "a German!" (measle shot!) Full doc record was submitted to the school, and I was good to go for classes!

Old 04-10-2019, 10:58 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
For grad school, I was first told, in writing, responding to my inquiry, that I didn't need to submit immunization records. Then, weeks later and right before registration, I was told, yes, I did! I was upset, because now, my ability to register was in jeopardy. Showed them their written response. They acknowledged their error, and did promise to hold a registration seat for me.

I sought legal advice. Talked to a few lawyers. All said "submit records, or get them shots! Now way around it!" And "do it now, before the school has to take your seat away!" "Why take a school, that's holding your seat, to court? You will lose!"

Went to the doctor for a full exam. (last time I had shots were as a kid! Finding them records would take a minute!) All clear, except he did give me "a German!" (measle shot!) Full doc record was submitted to the school, and I was good to go for classes!
There was no reason to be so stubborn to begin with.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
There was no reason to be so stubborn to begin with.
Even if the school makes a wrong statement?

Old 04-10-2019, 02:38 PM

3,570 posts, read 3,755,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
I will give you an actual anecdote. In 1989 I was taking a college course at a campus that had a measles outbreak. The college required every student born after a certain date to either prove they were vaccinated or get another one. I was born after that date so they wanted me to get a vaccine even though I already had had the measles. I was going to do it until I read the fine print on the vaccination release. It said I had a 6% chance of developing severe arthritis from the vaccine. I gave the release back to the nurse and walked out.
I wonder if that's why I have arthritis at such a young age.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:16 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
So now we have had a measles vaccine for half a century and we are seeing measles erupting. Why doe NOBODY question the efficacy of the vaccine?

Tyoical: Massive vaccines....another outbreak...Answer: MORE VACCINE..
Does nobody see a hole in this kind of thinking?

Old 04-10-2019, 03:37 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So now we have had a measles vaccine for half a century and we are seeing measles erupting. Why doe NOBODY question the efficacy of the vaccine?

Tyoical: Massive vaccines....another outbreak...Answer: MORE VACCINE..
Does nobody see a hole in this kind of thinking?
They’re not vaccinated...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-10-2019, 03:55 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
Measles was basically eliminated in this country in recent decades UNTIL PEOPLE STOPPED VACCINATING. It's not that hard to figure out:

"Reported cases of measles declined rapidly after the 1989–1991 resurgence. This decline was due primarily to intensive efforts to vaccinate preschool-aged children. Measles vaccination levels among 2-year-old children increased from 70% in 1990 to 91% in 1997.

Since 1993, fewer than 500 cases have been reported annually, and fewer than 200 cases per year have been reported since 1997. A record low annual total of 37 cases was reported in 2004. Available epidemiologic and virologic data indicate that measles transmission in the United States has been interrupted. The majority of cases are now imported from other countries or linked to imported cases. Most imported cases originate in Asia and Europe and occur both among U.S. citizens traveling abroad and persons visiting the United States from other countries. An aggressive measles vaccination program by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) has resulted in record low measles incidence in Latin America and the Caribbean, and the interruption of indigenous measles transmission in the Americas. Measles elimination from the Americas was achieved in 2002 and has been sustained since then, with only imported and importation-related measles cases occuring in the region."

That's from the CDC. Obviously not updated to reflect the current outbreak of suicidal stupidity.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:59 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Measles was basically eliminated in this country in recent decades UNTIL PEOPLE STOPPED VACCINATING.

Then it was NOT eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City