U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
 
Location: NY
3,055 posts, read 756,023 times
Reputation: 1763

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Drug testing now banned, it's now illegal to not hire someone because they're a pothead:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/n...sting-nyc.html



What's that smell?? Oh yeah, upcoming Federal lawsuits in the air.


That's fine.
Two can play that game.
File a complaint that you feel unsafe working alongside someone who smoke pot.
File a complaint that you are under duress and can't think straight due to cannabis exposure.
Call in sick a few days complaining that the odor of pot is making you sick.
Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM
 
Location: New York City
7,973 posts, read 6,030,130 times
Reputation: 5697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
That's fine.
Two can play that game.
File a complaint that you feel unsafe working alongside someone who smoke pot.
File a complaint that you are under duress and can't think straight due to cannabis exposure.
Call in sick a few days complaining that the odor of pot is making you sick.
Problem solved.
If the Jets and Giants actually played in NYC this story would be 1000000 x bigger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM
 
2,825 posts, read 1,306,273 times
Reputation: 2192
So what?!?!? You have all those people on Wall Street sniffing sh** and the world isn't ending. You have how many alcoholics/pill poppers going to work but the economic machine is still running. Let's not forget caffeine, soda, whatever keeps people going.



Bet you if it was about percacet, xanex, this thread wouldn't even be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
8,430 posts, read 6,888,847 times
Reputation: 7743
The government shouldn’t be forcing anyone to do anything with their own property, period.
__________________
"No Copyrighted Material"

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:47 AM
 
924 posts, read 245,692 times
Reputation: 591
It will definately cause a shift in who they hire because stoners stick with stoners.

Should our bus drivers and subway operators be under the influence too?

If I was a bus driver, I'd want to drink. Seriously. It'd be fun being able to be a drunk bus driver. Like a video game. You can do anything with no consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:51 AM
 
924 posts, read 245,692 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The government shouldn’t be forcing anyone to do anything with their own property, period.
Aren't governement employees in a way, property of the government? Having a government job is not the same thing as a pizza delivery driver.

This post reminds me of that new product for testing under the influence: Cannabix Technologies is a Canadian company that is producing breathalyzers for law enforcement officers to roadside test for THC.

It is weird how if you ask any stoner if being stoned impairs their driving and all of them say no it improves their driving. But scientific tests have proven otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:09 AM
 
69,242 posts, read 69,835,261 times
Reputation: 46856
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Aren't governement employees in a way, property of the government? Having a government job is not the same thing as a pizza delivery driver.

This post reminds me of that new product for testing under the influence: Cannabix Technologies is a Canadian company that is producing breathalyzers for law enforcement officers to roadside test for THC.

It is weird how if you ask any stoner if being stoned impairs their driving and all of them say no it improves their driving. But scientific tests have proven otherwise.
well i got to tell you , i saw a commercial the other night ...it said 40% of all traffic accidents involve someone under the influence of drugs or alchohol ....

math aint my strong point but that tells me it is safer to drive stoned since 60% of the accidents are straight people ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:10 AM
 
924 posts, read 245,692 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Bet you if it was about percacet, xanex, this thread wouldn't even be here.
Stoner logic: Those are prescribed by doctors so if they ate too many and it caused problems, it'd be okay. Now with pot becoming legal and presribed, I don't see any reason why they can not take as much as they want for work. Job performance is all about how many drugs a doctor prescribes. And since marijuana is harmless, that means everybody needs to be high. Chill man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:11 AM
 
924 posts, read 245,692 times
Reputation: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
well i got to tell you , i saw a commercial the other night ...it said 40% of all traffic accidents involve someone under the influence of drugs or alchohol ....

math aint my strong point but that tells me it is safer to drive stoned since 60% of the accidents are straight people ...
Chill dude. Skys not falling. Just get you some and join the Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:12 AM
 
924 posts, read 245,692 times
Reputation: 591
Pots not a drug. Its not as bad as alcohol!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top