U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 06:14 AM

8,458 posts, read 6,913,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
Yeah, I totally misunderstood you. I thought you were more in agreement with what I was saying about the government not having power over what someone should be able to do with their bodies.
I’ve only mentioned the government in terms of forcing business owners to conform to leftist decrees. I’ve not once mentioned the legality of weed. You assumed that. You assumed about me because you cannot think “in true freedom”.

True freedom is me believing pot should be legal but recognizing that there are business owners who have the absolute right to their property who should be allowed to pick and choose who they hire.

The government should have ZERO say over what we put in our bodies, which happens to be exactly how much say I believe it should have over determining how business owners hire their employees.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 01:46 PM

947 posts, read 255,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I’ve only mentioned the government in terms of forcing business owners to conform to leftist decrees. I’ve not once mentioned the legality of weed. You assumed that. You assumed about me because you cannot think “in true freedom”.

True freedom is me believing pot should be legal but recognizing that there are business owners who have the absolute right to their property who should be allowed to pick and choose who they hire.

The government should have ZERO say over what we put in our bodies, which happens to be exactly how much say I believe it should have over determining how business owners hire their employees.
Sounds like you are holding back some pretty strong opinions about this Deblasio stuff. Look you either smoke weed with the Weed Group, or you can go ahead and leave New York all together. If you don't want to smoke
Weed just go work somewhere else. The choice is Yours!

Old 04-14-2019, 02:05 PM

7,993 posts, read 6,059,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
How is it a free society when businesses are forced to, with no choice, to hire drug users?
Welcome to NYC, where the newest protected class is "Drug Users"

Old 04-14-2019, 02:09 PM

23,962 posts, read 17,166,398 times
How free is a society that bans people for no reasons?

Can you fly an airplane high?

No.

You cannot operate on one either.

But if someone parties on a Friday or Saturday night, that has no effect on their office job.

Needlessly excluding people from employment when NYC has RECORD homeless population?

I want some of you so called conservatives to explain why you get such joy in trying to destroy the lives on others, and why you want to do the most vile and demonic things to your fellow human beings.

Why does it make you feel so good to hurt others?

Old 04-14-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Welcome to NYC, where the newest protected class is "Drug Users"
Rep'd

Old 04-14-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
One too many tabs of MDMA for this guy ^^

Old 04-14-2019, 03:13 PM

19,912 posts, read 13,097,049 times
Several pages of responses and no one has picked up on the real motive behind this some kind of piece of legislation.

Look at who sponsored it and what he's said before, during and since.

It basically is yet another "minority employment" tool much like that "ban the box" laws that came out stopping employers from asking about and or doing criminal background checks.

Regardless of who uses in this city/state AAs are far more likely to end up in trouble with the law or whatever from pot use.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:19 PM

8,458 posts, read 6,913,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
How free is a society that bans people for no reasons?

Can you fly an airplane high?

No.

You cannot operate on one either.

But if someone parties on a Friday or Saturday night, that has no effect on their office job.

Needlessly excluding people from employment when NYC has RECORD homeless population?

I want some of you so called conservatives to explain why you get such joy in trying to destroy the lives on others, and why you want to do the most vile and demonic things to your fellow human beings.

When you teach me how to be overly-hyperbolic, I’ll teach you what freedom really means.

But first a question, who is calling for a “society” that bans people?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-14-2019, 04:46 PM

2,793 posts, read 3,708,750 times
At the end of the day, like most things, natural consequences will sort things out. People who smoke irresponsibly more likely than not will not have the kind of employment record that would lend them to being hired regardless of testing...or if they *do* get hired, then the resulting performance will result in them being quickly unemployed.

In truth, it should not be an employers right to drug test without reasonable cause (ex: Jimmy can't walk straight). True freedom means employers can hire who's right for the job and employees live their lives off of it. Freedom for everyone!

Old 04-15-2019, 03:54 PM

2,855 posts, read 1,324,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

Not really. I thought when you said the government has no right to say what someone does with their property, I started thinking of bodies as in the government has no right to criminalize or dictate what someone puts in their bodies. I was in agreement. The legality of weed wasn't even on my mind tbh.

The bolded is what I thought you were attempting to say but I was mistaken. As for the rest, I don't know what you're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or