Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 09:18 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,060,391 times

Advertisements

Give me a sane guilani

Unfortunately, there is no such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 11:36 AM

1,121 posts, read 591,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
I really don't give a rat's behind what people choose to consume recreationally in their own time, but I did notice one thing at my last job. Just to get out of the house a few days a week I took a retail job at a big box pet store. Out of a crew of 25 people, a marine veteran I worked with and myself were the only non-pot smokers. Even the managers smoked up. It was like working with members of the zombie apocalypse. The burners hardly worked and did the most stupidest things. Most would duck and hide behind the shelves every few minutes to take a toke of their marijuana vapes and it seemed that that other guy and I were the only ones clear minded enough to get any work done which led to us having to cover everyone else's slack.

One of my stoned co-workers decided to jump into a tall snow bank right outside the store for giggles during his lunch break and sliced his knee open to the bone because there was half of a broken off metal sign post hidden under the snow. He had to be rushed to the ER and couldn't come back to work for 4 weeks. Someone else decided to play ninja by tossing a box cutter up in the air while high and trying to catch it in his hand. That guy cut his whole hand open and had to get 20 stitches at the ER and was out for 3 weeks.

One guy that was head of the tropical fish department accidently killed $5,000 worth of exotic fish by pouring the wrong chemicals into the aquariums while high off his A@#! Another co-worker who was high, ended up killing 15 hamsters by not paying attention and vacuuming them all up with a shop vac when he was stoned while cleaning out the habitats. One of my managers would lock herself in the office pretending to do paperwork and would toke up and fall asleep in the chair. One day I almost got held up and she was so out cold she could hardly get up to call 911 for me when I knocked on the locked door to get her attention. I wasn't able to call out on the portable store phone and needed her to do it for me. How did I know all these people were high? I saw them all toking up and they constantly asked me if I wanted some too while working.

I could go on and on, but the pot heads are going to scream for equal employment rights. Sadly, most of these employees weren't young kids. They were twenty and thirty something year old adults. There is a time to toke up and a time to be responsible on a job too. Unfortunately, most pot smokers blaze up during work too. I wouldn't blame employers for wanting to vette their prospective employees. Why should they have to pay out workers comp claims, deal with losses and damage to the merchandise and low productivity because of people that chose to alter their brains and goof off? If I were a business owner I would not hire a pot smoker because of what I saw going on behind the scenes.
Pretty much this here ^^

Pot heads are stupid.

A lot of pot today is unhealthy because the plant genes were Feminized. Healthy Cannabis grows outdoors with male plants included, and the female buds have seeds in them. Feminized buds are stupid. As if hashish and keif were not strong enough, they just keep cloning and gene splicing and removing males from the genetic traits. Meanwhile Cannabis is the most feminine drug on Earth. Pot buds are pure yin (female) energy.

Pot without seeds in it is like buying an advocado, opening it up and there is no seed in there. The same thing is clearly done with grapes today. Seedless grapes are not healthy.

Make Plants Great Again!

Old 04-20-2019, 11:51 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
I really don't give a rat's behind what people choose to consume recreationally in their own time, but I did notice one thing at my last job. Just to get out of the house a few days a week I took a retail job at a big box pet store. Out of a crew of 25 people, a marine veteran I worked with and myself were the only non-pot smokers. Even the managers smoked up. It was like working with members of the zombie apocalypse. The burners hardly worked and did the most stupidest things. Most would duck and hide behind the shelves every few minutes to take a toke of their marijuana vapes and it seemed that that other guy and I were the only ones clear minded enough to get any work done which led to us having to cover everyone else's slack.

One of my stoned co-workers decided to jump into a tall snow bank right outside the store for giggles during his lunch break and sliced his knee open to the bone because there was half of a broken off metal sign post hidden under the snow. He had to be rushed to the ER and couldn't come back to work for 4 weeks. Someone else decided to play ninja by tossing a box cutter up in the air while high and trying to catch it in his hand. That guy cut his whole hand open and had to get 20 stitches at the ER and was out for 3 weeks.

One guy that was head of the tropical fish department accidently killed $5,000 worth of exotic fish by pouring the wrong chemicals into the aquariums while high off his A@#! Another co-worker who was high, ended up killing 15 hamsters by not paying attention and vacuuming them all up with a shop vac when he was stoned while cleaning out the habitats. One of my managers would lock herself in the office pretending to do paperwork and would toke up and fall asleep in the chair. One day I almost got held up and she was so out cold she could hardly get up to call 911 for me when I knocked on the locked door to get her attention. I wasn't able to call out on the portable store phone and needed her to do it for me. How did I know all these people were high? I saw them all toking up and they constantly asked me if I wanted some too while working.

I could go on and on, but the pot heads are going to scream for equal employment rights. Sadly, most of these employees weren't young kids. They were twenty and thirty something year old adults. There is a time to toke up and a time to be responsible on a job too. Unfortunately, most pot smokers blaze up during work too. I wouldn't blame employers for wanting to vette their prospective employees. Why should they have to pay out workers comp claims, deal with losses and damage to the merchandise and low productivity because of people that chose to alter their brains and goof off? If I were a business owner I would not hire a pot smoker because of what I saw going on behind the scenes.
You just sound like you work with idiots...

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-20-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You just sound like you work with idiots...
His co workers are typical addicts. It does not matter the level where people work at or how much they make. Drugs cause problems in workplaces 100% of the time.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:17 PM

I am thinking they want to allow Cannabis use as a harm reduction thing, because many current government employees have underlying health concerns and they already take prescribed drugs and other substances that cause harm.

However, allowing government workers to use pot will only add another layer to an already excisting problem.

I would have no qualms if it was a big corporation or a small business. But government workers and government business are not the same thing as other businesses.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:45 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
His co workers are typical addicts. It does not matter the level where people work at or how much they make. Drugs cause problems in workplaces 100% of the time.
I really can't tell what you're for or against. On one post you're telling people how to grow and the other you denounce using it. Whatever you're dealing with is clearly internal.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-21-2019, 04:19 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,352,789 times
This is supposedly rare but I believe this diagnosis is becoming more common:

https://www.cedars-sinai.org/health-...-syndrome.html

Old 04-22-2019, 05:49 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
So what?!?!? You have all those people on Wall Street sniffing sh** and the world isn't ending. You have how many alcoholics/pill poppers going to work but the economic machine is still running. Let's not forget caffeine, soda, whatever keeps people going.

Bet you if it was about percacet, xanex, this thread wouldn't even be here.
Well It would be worth considering if swallowing percacet, xanex ,cocaine,dope or booze would some how create smoke that travels into the air we breathe.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,963,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I really can't tell what you're for or against. On one post you're telling people how to grow and the other you denounce using it. Whatever you're dealing with is clearly internal.
Mental illness and perhaps is own struggles with addiction, plus severe guilt over them.

Old 04-22-2019, 07:20 PM

32 posts, read 18,911 times
" the city also passed a bill that would stop the city from requiring marijuana testing for people on probation "

God Bless you DeBlasio !

It's such a shame to have guys go back to finish their jail sentences over a "dirty urine" violation.

This is how i know the jails are filled to capacity because if it was not the case this law would HAVE NEVER PASSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: