U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-12-2019, 03:08 PM
 
926 posts, read 247,117 times
Reputation: 591

Advertisements

Manhattan = bottle of Corona
Brooklyn = some unique and expensive beer nobodies every heard of
Queens= unsure
The Bronx = 40 ouncers of malt liquor
Staten = Sam Adams Boston Larger

Whats yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Status: "Digging Up Acorns" (set 24 days ago)
 
478 posts, read 74,667 times
Reputation: 203
Queens = Tecate
Staten = Natty Light

Younger Bronx residents have started drinking ice beers instead of traditional malt liquor. I can get 24 oz of Natural Ice for the same price as 16 oz of King Cobra, and it has the same degree of alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 03:33 PM
 
1,305 posts, read 356,164 times
Reputation: 877
You are clueless about beer, dude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 03:35 PM
 
1,305 posts, read 356,164 times
Reputation: 877
Nobody drinks malt liquor anymore besides crackheads and hipsters trying to be edgy. The go to "poor people beers" are either Coors Banquet or various ice beers like Bud Ice.

You can find a wide variety of beer in all 5 boroughs, so you can't really generalize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 03:36 PM
 
1,305 posts, read 356,164 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Queens = Tecate
Staten = Natty Light

Younger Bronx residents have started drinking ice beers instead of traditional malt liquor. I can get 24 oz of Natural Ice for the same price as 16 oz of King Cobra, and it has the same degree of alcohol.
Tecate is probably more popular in Brooklyn. Hipster bars often serve Tecate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Status: "Digging Up Acorns" (set 24 days ago)
 
478 posts, read 74,667 times
Reputation: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Nobody drinks malt liquor anymore besides crackheads and hipsters trying to be edgy. The go to "poor people beers" are either Coors Banquet or various ice beers like Bud Ice.

You can find a wide variety of beer in all 5 boroughs, so you can't really generalize.
Yeah, Steel Reserve and Ballantine are pretty expensive and mostly older people drink it. People aged 15-35 in my area almost always drink Natty Ice, Bud Ice, Natty Daddy, etc. There is one beer called Crazy Stallion that is the missing link between trad malt liquors and the new iced beers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 03:46 PM
 
1,305 posts, read 356,164 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Yeah, Steel Reserve and Ballantine are pretty expensive and mostly older people drink it. People aged 15-35 in my area almost always drink Natty Ice, Bud Ice, Natty Daddy, etc. There is one beer called Crazy Stallion that is the missing link between trad malt liquors and the new iced beers.
Coors Banquet is a big one too since it's the cheapest tall boy you can get that isn't garbage. In the hood you can get one for 1.75 flat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
8,433 posts, read 6,891,296 times
Reputation: 7748
You should have titled this thread, “Watch how little I know about NYC’s beer scene.”
__________________
"No Copyrighted Material"

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 05:57 PM
 
1,305 posts, read 356,164 times
Reputation: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborneguy View Post
you should have titled this thread, “watch how little i know about nyc’s beer scene.”
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2019, 09:18 PM
 
Location: NY
3,065 posts, read 759,560 times
Reputation: 1766
I think I'm made of half beer and half pretzel..............times have changed considerably and I have been refining my tastes towards la uva rossa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top