Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 03:09 PM

31,908 posts, read 26,970,741 times

Advertisements

Walking around enjoying this beautiful weather noticed corner of 86th and Lexington is getting a Paris Baguette. Store seems to be still under construction but scheduled to open soon. Hot and Crusty is right next door and is closed currently for renovations, so am sure they are loving this bit of news.

Despite name the chain is actually Korean: https://www.yelp.com/biz/paris-baguette-new-york-4

Just between 85th and 86th on Lexington that makes *four* bakery/coffee/nibbles spots (if you count Starbucks on 85th and Lexington). Just who is eating all these carbs?

Oh and we're getting a Leviathan bakery on Third between 84th and 85th as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 03:14 PM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times
We have one here in bayside .. yeeech almost everything is way to greasy or low end baked goods in my opinion ... if something is supposed to have a filling usually it looks like they filled it with an eye dropper . Very disappointing

Old 04-14-2019, 03:24 PM

No wonder this city is full of rats; all these bakeries or places selling baked goods throwing away bags full of carbs every night.

You'd think with that new high rise across the corner on Lexington and 86th someone would open a supermarket up there. But guess that's out for now.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:48 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times
The food at Paris Baguette is not impressive. The only thing I have been happy with are the baguettes. And they are just okay. Not great. I think I'm spoiled because I work near Le District and buy lunch there occasionally.

Old 04-14-2019, 04:58 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,394,719 times
They’re okay with me as I grew up eating those hot dog bread things. Their restrooms have been pretty clean, so I use it for that after buying a small something or other.

Why are they throwing food away instead of having City Harvest or some such pick it up?

Old 04-14-2019, 05:05 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
The food at Paris Baguette is not impressive. The only thing I have been happy with are the baguettes. And they are just okay. Not great. I think I'm spoiled because I work near Le District and buy lunch there occasionally.
How are their baguettes? Do they taste like Paris? LOL. I know that's a bit much to hope for, but I might walk over there and get one when I am downtown.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
They’re okay with me as I grew up eating those hot dog bread things. Their restrooms have been pretty clean, so I use it for that after buying a small something or other.

Why are they throwing food away instead of having City Harvest or some such pick it up?
One thing City Harvest is *NOT* short of is bread/baked goods. There are tons of bakeries, Starbucks, supermarkets, bagel shops, and so forth that have tons of bread/baked goods on a daily basis that they throw out. You can only do so much what all those carbs.

Besides good fresh baked stuff has a definite shelf life. Day old French, Italian, or whatever bread *might* make good toast or something, but even then it can be hard as a brick.

Besides all baked goods unless loaded with preservatives don't last long before mold starts growing or whatever.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:22 PM

1,199 posts, read 724,997 times
Paris baguette is a good restaurant. I like their sweetened and fruity breads. It’s simar to panera mixed with Starbucks. If your bread is hard, dip it in water, put a paper towel and microwave it. Should be like new.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:25 PM

1,199 posts, read 724,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
One thing City Harvest is *NOT* short of is bread/baked goods. There are tons of bakeries, Starbucks, supermarkets, bagel shops, and so forth that have tons of bread/baked goods on a daily basis that they throw out. You can only do so much what all those carbs.

Besides good fresh baked stuff has a definite shelf life. Day old French, Italian, or whatever bread *might* make good toast or something, but even then it can be hard as a brick.

Besides all baked goods unless loaded with preservatives don't last long before mold starts growing or whatever.

Just dip them in water and toast them or cut into strips and stir fry them as chow mein. The poorhouses related to city harvest can stuff fill chicken with old bread and bake them overnight instead of making rice to serve the chicken with.

Last edited by fatsquirrel; 04-14-2019 at 06:41 PM..

Old 04-14-2019, 06:46 PM

520 posts, read 601,129 times
I'm surprised it took so long to reach the UES. They're all over the city. At least they seem to be. I always thought they were just "okay". They fit the bill if nothing better is around, and the price is right. I do like their baguettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City