U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2019, 08:52 PM

32 posts, read 36,317 times

Advertisements

Recently I received a letter from NYS UI that I claimed a week and quarter where I should not have, as It stated that I have worked more than the required dates to receive benefits during those weeks. (that consists of 4 days on the last week of August of 2018 and 1 day on the first week of September that I have failed to report by mistake. That being said, if NYS finds that I am liable for this besides the penalty and the overpayment that I will have to pay back, how many forfeit days will I receive on my next claim? Is it calculated based on the offense or based on the number of days where I should not have been claiming (I.E 5 days of forfeited days)?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 AM

19,915 posts, read 13,106,130 times
NYS spends plenty to put this information up on various websites. Have you tried: https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/claimant...ies-faq.shtm#7

Or simply call them up and get your information directly from the source: https://labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/ContactInfo.shtm

Old 04-15-2019, 09:21 AM

21,189 posts, read 27,812,608 times
I am sorry, I used to be sharp on this...my partner had a lifetime of about 20 jobs, with filings, appeals, administrative judgements, etc. But is has all gone into the ether. I remember nothing.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:54 AM

6,222 posts, read 5,679,819 times
Unemployment taking frauding the system very serious. And as they should. You need to make sure you are claiming correctly.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
NYS spends plenty to put this information up on various websites. Have you tried: https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/claimant...ies-faq.shtm#7

Or simply call them up and get your information directly from the source: https://labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/ContactInfo.shtm
I have read the first link before posting this thread and there has been no specific info in reference to the amount of forfeited days imposed, all it says is it can range from one day to many days, but not based on circumstance nor if it is based on the days where claimant should not have collected benefits.

I did call their customer care but they are not sure, they said it will be up to the investigation department to determine the number of days. Mind you, that claim was going to end in 2 weeks and they just reached out to me for a week I claimed incorrectly from 7 months ago (not using that as an excuse of course) but it is stressful.

Old 04-16-2019, 05:25 PM

19,915 posts, read 13,106,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafickw12 View Post
I have read the first link before posting this thread and there has been no specific info in reference to the amount of forfeited days imposed, all it says is it can range from one day to many days, but not based on circumstance nor if it is based on the days where claimant should not have collected benefits.

I did call their customer care but they are not sure, they said it will be up to the investigation department to determine the number of days. Mind you, that claim was going to end in 2 weeks and they just reached out to me for a week I claimed incorrectly from 7 months ago (not using that as an excuse of course) but it is stressful.
Well then you have your answer; there isn't anything we or anyone else can say for sure since the matter is up to the discretion of investigators.

Though stressful only thing you can do is sit tight and wait for a decision.

Old Today, 03:58 PM

So an update, I still did not receive any letter in the email from them but on my NYS DOL online account, I saw that they have applied the overpaid benefits along with a $100 penalty (which is expected) but nothing in regards to forfeit days. Not sure if this will be done later or at this point....that is it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or