U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2019, 02:11 PM
Status: "Digging Up Acorns" (set 29 days ago)
 
550 posts, read 89,541 times
Reputation: 223

Advertisements

I am trying to acquire a SoBro place all cash. Where should I try to obtain a tenant? I have tried Gypsy Housing and LGBT Exchange. Are there any SJW or Arts themed pages on Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat where I can try to get a tenant. I am also trying to rent guitars to my tenants.

I do not want to rent at a below market price because I would feel like a weak, cuckhold. Any thoughts? I also do not want to post in the "apartments for rent that takes programs" page.

Edit: Crap I was banned from renting it out because of HFCD.

Last edited by fatsquirrel; 04-15-2019 at 02:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2019, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,324 posts, read 2,935,306 times
Reputation: 3203
a realtor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2019, 07:14 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,171 posts, read 27,778,167 times
Reputation: 9582
Do you mean HDFC?


https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/marke...apartment/3202
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2019, 08:25 AM
Status: "Digging Up Acorns" (set 29 days ago)
 
550 posts, read 89,541 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Yes HDFC. Why is it a thing wtf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2019, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
21,171 posts, read 27,778,167 times
Reputation: 9582
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Yes HDFC. Why is it a thing wtf
I couldn't find what HFCD was.
My first thought was Household Finance Corporation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
 
8,766 posts, read 8,955,842 times
Reputation: 10998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
I am trying to acquire a SoBro place all cash. Where should I try to obtain a tenant? I have tried Gypsy Housing and LGBT Exchange. Are there any SJW or Arts themed pages on Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat where I can try to get a tenant. I am also trying to rent guitars to my tenants.

I do not want to rent at a below market price because I would feel like a weak, cuckhold. Any thoughts? I also do not want to post in the "apartments for rent that takes programs" page.

Edit: Crap I was banned from renting it out because of HFCD.
This sounds not at all well thought out, and there is a lot of negative sentiment how about people buying units just to rent out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
 
929 posts, read 430,335 times
Reputation: 612
Yeah, the only reason you were able to afford it in the first place is that it was HDFC. There aren't (usually) price caps but the income requirements and (often) the difficulty obtaining mortgages keep the prices down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:57 AM
Status: "Digging Up Acorns" (set 29 days ago)
 
550 posts, read 89,541 times
Reputation: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Yeah, the only reason you were able to afford it in the first place is that it was HDFC. There aren't (usually) price caps but the income requirements and (often) the difficulty obtaining mortgages keep the prices down.
Well I didn't buy it but I just wonder why there are so few SoBro condos that are non HDFC. This sucks and I am going to stick to the plan of buying a chitty house in Newark. I wonder if people find apartments on Instagram.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:42 AM
 
1,483 posts, read 526,447 times
Reputation: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsquirrel View Post
Well I didn't buy it but I just wonder why there are so few SoBro condos that are non HDFC. This sucks and I am going to stick to the plan of buying a chitty house in Newark. I wonder if people find apartments on Instagram.

FSq, why do you want to be a landlord in the first place? You have to be very knowledgeable about a million little things about landlording, and still can get deeply in trouble legally and financially, particularly in a place like NYC area. If you really want to go into it, the only slightly reliable way is to get a tenant through a very reputable realtor - and even in that case, realtors can only run background checks for the previous 2 years. The tenant could be a criminal or a manipulator (in fact, in case of a low-income New Yorker, he/she is very likely going to be the latter). You have no concept of what a tenant can do to you, and you seem to have no money to cover yourself in case of trouble (which is likely to happen). If you want to be a landlord, the first strong relationship you have to create is with your lawyer. My advice would be not to do it. Unless you are renting out an upmarket property in Manhattan, I think the amount of profit after expenses does not justify the amount of risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:25 PM
 
929 posts, read 430,335 times
Reputation: 612
"a manipulator (in fact, in case of a low-income New Yorker, he/she is very likely going to be the latter"

Keeping up standards, I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top