U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2019, 08:30 PM

19,971 posts, read 13,161,900 times

Advertisements

Darn shame for those who studied hard and did the right thing.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/20/sanita...cted-cheating/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 09:25 PM

5 posts, read 1,561 times
Studying hard and doing the right thing gets you know where in DSNY. Just look at some of the bosses running the show. A majority of these clowns never spent a day in the street be it as a garbageman, supv or supt. I went to a handful of study sessions from the five major societies, did so much reading and studying of all the worthless administrative bs that this archaic dept follows and there were a total of about 10 questions that I got correct thanks to the countless wasted hours. I've been reading daily dept messages nonstop for the past 4years and I've seen that priority 1,2,3 message once. Time and money I'll never get back. My brain is full of so much useless sh*t it's not even funny. Jokes on me, I guess.

These study sessions/test was never about fairness or allowing the average joe in this dept to get ahead. It's all about upper management getting their people into positions of power. We all know supervisors have no power but it's a stepping stone in the right direction. Besides, their own people get "randomly" assigned sweet office gigs. You'll never see them driving around in the street at 3am in the worst slums this city has to offer, actually doing work. Which begs the question: how many times haven't they been caught? How many of the previous tests/answers have been leaked? Who in management actually deserves to be there? Lots of unanswered questions.

They better put out the list because I want to see who's future chiefs d*ck I need to start sucking now to get ahead in this department. The top of this list will be future upper management for sure. The people running the biggest sanitation force in the world can't figure out how to cheat properly. Let that sink in! I also want the name of the leak. He/She should be fired immediately. Might as well fire the whole panel just to be safe. They need to figure out who the cheaters are and punish them as well. Throw the book at them! As for a retake, they can kiss my a*s. I refuse to be apart of this mockery again. Figure out who the cheaters are, ban them and go from there.

As for what I think will happen...a whole buncha nothing! Management is a joke, both unions are a joke, all these internal investigative units are a joke. Everyone mentioned is on the same team here. These people went to high school together. This will get swept under the rug and life will go on as normal. I thought it was weird that guys were leaving the room half an hour into a 4.5hr test with completed tests but didn't think the scope of my suspicions was this massive. This department is a joke!

Old 04-21-2019, 06:38 AM

1,185 posts, read 1,455,583 times
u mad?

Old 04-21-2019, 01:06 PM

2,475 posts, read 1,820,214 times
How stupid can these people be by sharing them on Facebook group? Not to mention is not the right thing to do in the first place.

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM

19,971 posts, read 13,161,900 times
Hold up! These guys got paid a days wage to take that exam, *and* DSNY paid overtime to cover for those out for that day taking test?

https://www.waste360.com/public-agen...pervisors-exam

Now that the results were invalidated that means test takers will have a do over; so they will get paid *again*?

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM

1,206 posts, read 932,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Hold up! These guys got paid a days wage to take that exam, *and* DSNY paid overtime to cover for those out for that day taking test?

Now that the results were invalidated that means test takers will have a do over; so they will get paid *again*?
Do you get paid on the day of your interview(s) for promotion at your office job?

Old Today, 04:55 PM

2,475 posts, read 1,820,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

They are now refunding all those exam fees, and possibly reschedule another exam only for people who are cleared to take the civil service exam. People who are found guilty will no longer be eligible to take any civil service exam in their lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or