Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 05:05 PM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
I sort of disagree about the actual atmosphere at Starbucks. They are mostly people just sitting there alone. On laptops. Starbucks patrons are very insular siting there with headphones on glued to laptops. They are getting their caffeine fix too. That always surprises me because when I drink coffee I want to talk with people but a lot of Starbucks customers just want to be left alone with their computers.

I think Millennial people drink **** tons of coffee, but wait until federal pot legalization comes.
And then wait until Starbucks starts selling pot

Amsterdam 2.0

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilypr.../#2b381b286f31

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 05:12 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
I sort of disagree about the actual atmosphere at Starbucks. They are mostly people just sitting there alone. On laptops. Starbucks patrons are very insular siting there with headphones on glued to laptops. They are getting their caffeine fix too. That always surprises me because when I drink coffee I want to talk with people but a lot of Starbucks customers just want to be left alone with their computers.

I think Millennial people drink **** tons of coffee, but wait until federal pot legalization comes.

Things of course will vary by various factors, but that is not my experience at all now nor in past going back when SB first arrived on scene.

Yes, there are loners sitting there studying, reading a book, on a device or whatever. But you also have plenty of couples, triples, and groups. Everything from seniors/elderly to kids/teens, moms with children, etc....

Maybe out in the boroughs where people tend to have homes and or larger apartments things are different, but Manhattan is another matter.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:00 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
starbucks is the next mcdonalds

Old 04-29-2019, 06:10 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
starbucks is the next mcdonalds
McDonalds near us on UES was/is open 24 hours; but lately they've been closing from about 2AM until 5 or six in morning to "mop the floors". *LOL*

My guess is they are shutting down to get the homeless and other undesirables who camp out there during day and all night out.

Recently many banks on UES have been hiring security guards to sit at ATM areas overnight to keep the homeless or whoever from camping out.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:53 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
McDonalds near us on UES was/is open 24 hours; but lately they've been closing from about 2AM until 5 or six in morning to "mop the floors". *LOL*
They should keep a "walk-through" window open 24/7

Old 04-30-2019, 12:50 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

My guess is they are shutting down to get the homeless and other undesirables who camp out there during day and all night out.

Recently many banks on UES have been hiring security guards to sit at ATM areas overnight to keep the homeless or whoever from camping out.
Strangely some remodeled McD looks nicer and cleaner than some Starbucks where the trash bins often is a mess and the condiments area is filled with spilled coffee and sugar all over the places.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:29 AM

1,121 posts, read 590,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
And then wait until Starbucks starts selling pot

Amsterdam 2.0

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilypr.../#2b381b286f31
Thank you for the link to that article. The pot product thing will definitely be happening in NYC but I just do not fully believe in Cannabis drug products enough to invest. Interesting. Our main contenders will be between Marlboro, Corona, and now Starbucks.

When I was in my 20's I smoked a lot of weed and cultivated my own and liked it. I grew up a little bit and one day just stopped liking it. It happens to some people especially men, some hit an age where getting stoned just is not fun anymore.

I do fully support hemp agriculture, especially USA-grown hemp.

I do support growing Cannabis buds in the USA only because I believe the USA should grow much of their own of everything. It bothers me how everyone smokes weed from Mexico and Canada because it takes so much away from the USA, when we can grow our own.

The reason I am iffy to invest in Marlboro or Corona stocks is that once it becomes completely legalized people can just plant their own seeds in a backyard and grow their own. That is how it is done right. People have to grow their own plant and water it and watch it grow.

Nah, Starbucks will probably dedicated everything they have got to continue adapting away from coffee with bringing in new and more interesting products including weed and other plants and such, that alter peoples minds. Starbucks business is altering peoples minds, and real estate.

Last edited by propman-nyc; 04-30-2019 at 07:38 AM..

Old 04-30-2019, 01:13 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
U thought you were supposed to DRINK Starbuck's coffee. I guess shooting it up gets the caffeine in faster?
lmao 🤣 🤣🤣

Old 04-30-2019, 01:21 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Starbucks had a password system in place to use its bathrooms for those who do t know. U key the code and the bathroom opened. However, some stores were VERY DISRESPECTFUL with their non customer policies even if you weren’t using the bathroom. If they don’t want druggies in there shooting up hire security to time people to get in and out. If there are another set of eyes 👀 watching, they’ll think twice then

Old 05-01-2019, 11:37 AM

1,121 posts, read 590,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Starbucks had a password system in place to use its bathrooms for those who do t know. U key the code and the bathroom opened. However, some stores were VERY DISRESPECTFUL with their non customer policies even if you weren’t using the bathroom. If they don’t want druggies in there shooting up hire security to time people to get in and out. If there are another set of eyes �� watching, they’ll think twice then

Hahaha. When Starbucks wants to know anything about Starbucks dysfunction, they ask us. In Manhattan we have like 500 Starbucks locations. It's sick.

The switch from being a coffee company to being a public restroom company would be easier than turning them all into pot cafes. It's sick. Starbucks is disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City