Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2019, 03:29 PM

6 posts, read 6,780 times

Advertisements

Hi friends,

I got an interview for One Flushing but when I was looking over my app, I noticed I put my income info in the “workers compensation” section instead of under employment. The numbers are correct and I didn’t misinterpret my income to be sneaky in any way. I’m also in range of being eligible according to the guidelines. I called the person helping me schedule the interview and explained the oversight and she said on the day of the interview, they could help me change the app. Just worried because the app indicates that any errors could lead to disqualification. If anyone has any insight on this or the rest of the process please let me know! I’m also in CB 7 where preference is given (25%). How likely will this actually work out? Thanks, much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2019, 05:56 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,198,435 times
You're fine. Those apts on Housing connects are basic information collected to help them try to get qualified residents. What matters is what you turn in if and when you have an appointment for an apartment. My income varies year to year. I guess what it may be and apply to most lotteries since I don't know the actual amount I will make. If it's too less, or too much I don't do the interview. if I may be in range I go through with the interview.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:36 PM

3,101 posts, read 2,668,411 times
Yes, the income on the app is essentially meaningless. Even if you don't qualify on income on the app, if your income has changed to be qualifying, you can still appeal the denial and proceed in the process.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:43 PM

6 posts, read 6,780 times
Thank you both, very helpful

Old 05-13-2019, 04:50 PM

4 posts, read 2,768 times
What was your log number

Old 05-13-2019, 06:14 PM

279 posts, read 217,171 times
I know c and c picked me for one of their apartments and told me it was a mistake, went threw the interview, saw my unit, gotten them checks from public assistance , almost one step away and then I was told I couldn't sign my lease cause , my unit belong to people in a different program, that's bull**** .

Old 05-13-2019, 07:03 PM

137 posts, read 160,276 times
What's the "trick" to get picked?
My mother was picked but found not eligible even though she is low income ....

Old 05-13-2019, 08:15 PM

4,743 posts, read 6,461,650 times
Even if you're low income, your income has to qualify by being within one of the brackets. Or else you have to have Section 8 or some other program that provides adequate money to pay for the apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery