U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2019, 06:28 PM

20 posts, read 8,352 times

Advertisements

does anyone notice on the nyc lottery announcements it states if you have section 8 or any other subsidies income limits may not apply . asset limits also? so if I have section 8 and get called for a lottery apartment then what do you think there looking at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2019, 02:36 AM

1,059 posts, read 524,332 times
That almost certainly means that if you have Section 8 you don't have to make the minimum income (due to the subsidy).

If you have Section 8 and have assets that large, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 05-05-2019, 03:13 PM

20 posts, read 8,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
That almost certainly means that if you have Section 8 you don't have to make the minimum income (due to the subsidy).

If you have Section 8 and have assets that large, you should be ashamed of yourself.
u sound real judgemental. like an idiot almost . what if a persons disabled and doesn't work and is 80? dumbass

Old Today, 12:16 PM

56 posts, read 6,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadu25 View Post
does anyone notice on the nyc lottery announcements it states if you have section 8 or any other subsidies income limits may not apply . asset limits also? so if I have section 8 and get called for a lottery apartment then what do you think there looking at?
Hi,

I have section 8 as well. And usually you just have to meet the minimum income requirement for the development for which you are applying for. If you make over the income limit i dont think that will disqualify you as section 8 usually determines your rent to be 30% of your monthly income. So you can either be paying less rent then others or more depending on your income.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

56 posts, read 6,980 times
I can be wrong. But i think that is how it works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or