Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 04:09 PM

3,130 posts, read 2,722,900 times

Advertisements

I mean, for once I'm not going to argue with Airborneguy (except for how unsympathetic he is). These are the kinds of suicides that could have happened under any administration. Cops obviously have access to guns, which means one terrible impulse on one really hard day can mean the end.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:08 PM

5,099 posts, read 4,956,979 times
Some cops are serious about their job and are proud of and value their profession . When they work under a mayor who is not supportive but critical of what they do and is suspicious of their job importance, that can strike a mental crisis that can be overwhelming for serious but sensitive minds, who can easily suffer from mixed feelings of being frustrated, shamed, helpless, and useless.

Remember, not every cop is as thick skinned and adaptive as our airborne guy who will survive no matter what. His coming to the cd forum to vent regularly actually might have helped him out bigly.

A lot of you came to superficial conclusions without understanding the root of problem.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 06-16-2019 at 05:01 AM..

Old 06-15-2019, 06:29 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,595,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Some cops are serious about their job and are proud of and value their profession . When they work under a mayor who is not supportive but critical of what they do and is suspicious of their job importance, that can strike a mental crisis that can be overwhelming for serious but sensitive minds, who can easily suffer from mixed feelings of being frustrated, shamed, helpless, and useless.

Remember, not every cop is as thick skinned and adaptive as our airborne guy who will survive no matter what. His coming to the cd forum to vent regularly actually might have helped him out bigly.

A lot of you came to superficial conclusions without understanding the root of problem.
Several months ago the issue of yellow cab drivers came up as the numbers of their fraternity were committing suicide. Who was to blame for them committing suicide, the mayor, uber ? Homosexual teenagers also committ suicide at alarming numbers. I feel each suicide is a tragedy but to blame a mayor ??? That is a product of hyper partisan ideology that has dehumanized members of the other side.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Several months ago the issue of yellow cab drivers came up as the numbers of their fraternity were committing suicide. Who was to blame for them committing suicide, the mayor, uber ? Homosexual teenagers also committ suicide at alarming numbers. I feel each suicide is a tragedy but to blame a mayor ??? That is a product of hyper partisan ideology that has dehumanized members of the other side.

You are going so off topic, just for the sake of defending an incompetent mayor? not a productive way to discuss when I talked about cop depression but you introduced uber drivers and home teenagers. partly to your point, the common theme among these is situational depression related suicides, and I just offered my understanding of why some cops are depressed working under deblasio above.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
You are going so off topic, just for the sake of defending an incompetent mayor? not a productive way to discuss when I talked about cop depression but you introduced uber drivers and home teenagers. partly to your point, the common theme among these is situational depression related suicides, and I just offered my understanding of why some cops are depressed working under deblasio above.
It's not off point at all. Your dismissive attitude to a point about suicide just reveals you are so ideologically driven that you see me as defending the mayor. Cops have always committed suicide, gotten divorced at high rates, suffered substance abuse, and other problems. I almost joined the police force while in College when Giulianni was mayor. The same was true back then as well. What's alarming is that you have sourced the death of cops at their own hand to make a political attack. Take a step back and see just how much your ideology has you framing the world.

Last edited by bxlover; 06-15-2019 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-15-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
It's not off point at all. Your dismissive attitude to a point about suicide just reveals you are so ideologically driven that you see me as defending the mayor. Cops have always committed suicide, gotten divorced at high rates, suffered substance abuse, and other problems. I almost joined the police force while in College when Giulianni was mayor. The same was true back then as well. What's alarming is that you have sourced the death of cops at their own hand to make a political attack. Take a step back and see just how much your ideology has you framing the world.

again, you padded irrelevant stories and points even accusations of me being "so ideologically driven" (not true at all) just to make another very weak argument. let's not wasting time carrying on such uninteresting accusations, but I ask you to focus on rebutting why I believe these suicides are linked with deblasio and his anti-cop policy as described above. FYI, I am not fixed on any "partisan ideology". I judge leaders by their leadership skills and visions not by their party affiliations. i think that deblasio and bush are comparable in many aspects, both good individuals and incompetent leaders but in different styles. bush set the stage for a nationwide recession and deblasio is setting the stage for a citywide decline in the years to come. hope you will continue to adore him when the financial chaos hits.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
again, you padded irrelevant stories and points even accusations of me being "so ideologically driven" (not true at all) just to make another very weak argument. let's not wasting time carrying on such uninteresting accusations, but I ask you to focus on rebutting why I believe these suicides are linked with deblasio and his anti-cop policy as described above. FYI, I am not fixed on any "partisan ideology". I judge leaders by their leadership skills and visions not by their party affiliations. i think that deblasio and bush are comparable in many aspects, both good individuals and incompetent leaders but in different styles. bush set the stage for a nationwide recession and deblasio is setting the stage for a citywide decline in the years to come. hope you will continue to adore him when the financial chaos hits.
Ok, believe what you want.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:32 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,954,302 times
Quote:
So basically you care nothing about those cops at all, all you care about us attacking the mayor. You are so blind to this you cannot see cops as people.

And a NYPD member who does not love de Blasio gave his insights into what happened with these men. You ignored that because it doesn’t fit your narrative. At this point it becomes outright lying.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:01 AM

19,026 posts, read 13,932,533 times
DeBlasio has nothing to do with cop suicides. And even if he DID, he still doesn’t because that would be a completely irrational reason for killing oneself.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 06-16-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Let me try to put this an other way. " Life is hard and the pain of life hits many people harder then others ". All types of people kill themselves. Each death of this type is a tragedy. My cousin committed suicide over twenty years ago at age 21. It's still a sad subject and a waste. My daughter's classmate killed herself a few years ago at 17. Life is hard and one must do everything possible to protect your happiness. As a human being I assert to you that, your frame work at looking at the world is imprisoning you and limiting the joy you might otherwise have. Your seeing the world in such a way over political ideology ???? Your prone now to framing the whole world in the manner that in this thread and others where you just dismiss people over categories like political affiliation. Protect and foster your happiness. Stop this way of thinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City