Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 11:18 PM

124 posts, read 65,250 times

Advertisements

Again, I want to be clear that I do not support illegal immigration. I will never advocate for or support illegal immigration. --But I certainly do not agree with the caging of children.

The best solution at this time is to send the children and their parents back to their home nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 11:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Can we please stick on topic here.

Old 06-23-2019, 11:30 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,066,849 times
Evelyn2019,

Who is advocating for illegal immigration?

Bronxguyanese I've been trying to get back on topic. I'm stepping out of this topic/thread as I've said all I've had to say. The CP5 guys didn't deserve their sentence and I hope they and their loved ones can live healthy lives. Hopefully, there will be real reform with the justice system.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:15 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpnPMJ5Axo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMUclPY90Gc

Old 06-24-2019, 07:38 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and yet this idiot jogger (because I blame her fully for all this) was stupid enough to go jogging in an unsafe environment at 9pm at night, in the dark, alone.:s mack:

id sue her for being stupid.

HER bad choices caused this.
I agree. There was an Asian guy that went jogging in Central Park ( I believe last year or 2017) and got robbed and assaulted. He advised that it might be a while before he goes jogging again.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:42 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Evelyn2019,

Who is advocating for illegal immigration?

Bronxguyanese I've been trying to get back on topic. I'm stepping out of this topic/thread as I've said all I've had to say. The CP5 guys didn't deserve their sentence and I hope they and their loved ones can live healthy lives. Hopefully, there will be real reform with the justice system.
The OP asked how will justice be served. As a society we currently live in a very toxic culture. The following groups are very toxic in its very essence. On the right, white nationalism, alt-right, mgtow. ON the left Woke Pro black, the Feminist and the Social Justice Warrior. All of these folks are very angry, and follow the victim narrative because society now rewards the victim and the oppressor is shamed into oblivion. With that said. People amongst the woke pro black community and the social justice community are very livid about this story the CP5. Its like going back in time to the 1940s when Italians were livid about Sacco and Vancetti, or when a dozen of Italian immigrants were lynched publicly in New Orleans for accusations of killing a white police officer. Or Jews being livid about Leo Frank who was accused of killing and raping Mary Phagan, a pre teen white girl. The United States as a whole has always feared certain groups of people from within such as the black male, or from the outside such as immigrants and people of different faiths.

As for justice being served. Their is nothing that the woke conscious black community can do, and like wise for the Social Justice Activist/Warrior. All those groups can do is take to social media, and profess moral outrage and cancel culture. So far the Cancel Culture has worked, however the Cancel Culture has its limits, also Linda Farstein is old, and thus canceling her is not going to do much since she made her money, or if those that believe in activism and black identity can force banks and payment processors to take down her account, which I disagree with. However the CP5 should sue personally sue the prosecutors who were very sloppy.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:58 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,241,937 times
Quote:
Bronxguyanese,

You and I are more similar than you think! I would not qualify for them either. Councils and discussions about reparations are already underway.

As Evelyn2019 stated, I believebelieve reparations should be in the form of academic scholarships (free tuition, and grants to cover down payments to purchase property or start businesses). I would also add interest free loans and free medical care. In the USA it doesn't matter to me if one parent was an African descendent of this country.

Your tax dollars are already going to several nations including Mexico. https://explorer.usaid.gov/cd

For African Americans the USA government should pay for the descendents of slaves. The US government should get money from Britain and other European nations to pay for slave descendants that have migrated from countries like Guyana and the USA government can pay them indirectly. Places like Brazil and Puerto Rico etc should get money too and again should get money from Europe to directly pay them.
But of course after reparations are paid all affirmative action programs and preferential hiring practices will be discontinued, right?

Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 AM

Bronxguyanese,
In your last post I pretty much agree with you. Tensions are boiling and when the next recession hits (which is on its way) it is very concerning as to what comes next. Sadly the system is the system and until you have enough people care and make real reforms nothing will change. It shouldn't take 10-20 years or longer to change a justice system that is flawed.

Not enough people are outraged to change killings of unarmed black men that is because lynchings are part of the DNA of this country. These people use to have picnics with their families while watching black people die. So I had to remind myself of this fact while thinking why do so many justify a black unarmed person being shot. When you have people like some of the posters on here try to justify the incarceration and or lethal form of punishment by a police officer who is hired to serve and protect and not be trigger happy that is because the person of color being killed isn't seen as a human being.

Even though other groups in this country have been lynched, there is no getting around the fact that black people have had it worse in this country and are still experiencing travesties to this day. You can't shame people who don't have a conscious, once people have to go to jail or their pensions are taken away for wrong doing then maybe they will care.

Sadly there are too many comparisons between the CP5 and George Stinney & Emmit Till. The only difference is that the CP5 all got to live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIsovWTejRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Fs5_cia4A

Old 06-24-2019, 09:05 AM

286 posts, read 210,894 times
Quote:
Evelyn2019,

Justifying kids in cages I can't do it. I don't care how people enter the country they shouldn't be separated from their kids nor should kids be caged, it is WRONG. In the end they will be part of the system as I mentioned previously. What do you think is going to happen to these kids? You don't care about them because their parents came into a legal/illegally? These kids are already victims of the system.

Banbuk77,

You don't know who the government gave reparations to, believe that this country gave reparations to African Americans because white men fought in the Civil War, aren't aware of how Affirmative Action works. I just can't debate/discuss the issue with someone who doesn't know the basics. When I hear about cases as the CP5, when I see unarmed people shot, when officers are being investigated for hateful social media posts; the common factor is that the ones being negatively impacted are black. It is 2019 this is not what should be happening. One day we won't be here and the next generation should do better and be prosperous not spoiled entitled uneducated people. I wouldn't want my legacy to be proud or that I participated in any way to the aforementioned travesties.

You claimed the US apologized for the holocaust and paid reparations to the Jews. And as a proof you posted a link to an article that clearly stated that it was France that paid reparations.
So who doesn't know facts? This is the simplest of the examples showing that you don't know what you are talking about. And it shows that is you not only don't know the facts, but you have no idea what is going on in the world around you. Because any sane person would doubt that the US apologized for the holocaust, but it didn't ring a bell in your head.

And claiming that Affirmative Actions don't apply to blacks. Really? Maybe in your progressive bubble they don't. I am sure you have a proof of that (a blog written by your comrade which is good enough for you).

Old 06-24-2019, 09:14 AM

markjames68,

I'm not going to keep going over reparations on this thread, start a new one. Please learn how affirmative action works. Affirmative Action means no employer has the right to discriminate. White women, veterans, and predominately white companies benefit from affirmative action so I don't see how giving reparations would change this. I'd ask you to list for us all the companies that have preferential hiring practices, what the quota is, salary grade of all the employees, qualifications of the hired, and the demographics of the employees but this is not the right thread to do so.

Start a new thread I'm interested in what you would pull up. I'll way in there.

Banbuk77 - get back to the thread. You don't know about affirmative action or who reparations were paid to. You don't know who the government have given apologies to. The US government has offered apologies to jewish people for several reasons one for harboring a war holocaust criminal. Interesting that you didn't mention anything about the Japanese, Native American, or Italian reparations I mentioned. Please read and have compassion for others. I'm sure you will keep justifying the assassination and incarceration of people of color so I'll keep posting videos kudos to Youtube!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City