U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 02:09 PM

6 posts, read 428 times

Advertisements

GOOD LANDLORDS BAD TENANTS. NIGHTMARE ON CITYFELPS STREET.

I am going through a similar problem with a welfare queen a recipient utilizing CITYFELPS. I was also told 11 months RENT upfront (lies). However with this hotel queen tenant I have decided after waiting months for payments this welfare queen refuses to pay any portion of her rent that is due $234 monthly, her responsibility. When dealing with trifling people (who have flooded apt 3x, SMOKE DRUGS, dismantled, unclean constantly, neglect children, irresponsible family of five) I've decided to no longer accept any monies from the CITYFELPS PROGRAMand begin eviction when lease has ended. In NY it takes one year without rent to finally get them out of a 3 BEDROOM APT. This trifling tenant has an EMPLOYED WORKING HUSBAND who makes five figures (length of time on the job: six years (fraud). The welfare queen also collects social security from the government. (TAX PAYERS DOLLARS). enough is enough!

FYI LANDLORD BEWARE!!!
LEASE OR NO LEASE ONCE YOU CASH THAT LAST OR END OF THE LEASE YEAR CHECK FROM THE CITY IT IS DISCLOSED (indirectly agreed & understood by both parties) THAT YOUR TENANT CAN STAY ANOTHER YEAR.

DO NOT CASH THAT LAST CHECK IF YOU WANT THEM GONE, TAKE THEM TO COURT TO EVICT. LEGALLY.

Last edited by LANDLORDS; 06-29-2019 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: ICON IMAGES DO NOT WORK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 03:45 PM

8,194 posts, read 3,520,861 times
Oh please. You people make me sick. If you made renovations to your apartment and didn’t charge sky high rents, you wouldn’t have to take people on programs. Look for market rate people that WORK, not people on programs.

Old 06-29-2019, 03:53 PM

71,907 posts, read 71,942,576 times
As a landlord I would never seek out section 8 tenants.

I have never had an issue evicting because the last months check and security deposit was forfeited

Old 06-29-2019, 05:23 PM

295 posts, read 75,859 times
Report them for fraud!

Old 06-29-2019, 09:01 PM

908 posts, read 589,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORDS View Post
GOOD LANDLORDS BAD TENANTS. NIGHTMARE ON CITYFELPS STREET.

I am going through a similar problem with a welfare queen a recipient utilizing CITYFELPS. I was also told 11 months RENT upfront (lies). However with this hotel queen tenant I have decided after waiting months for payments this welfare queen refuses to pay any portion of her rent that is due $234 monthly, her responsibility. When dealing with trifling people (who have flooded apt 3x, SMOKE DRUGS, dismantled, unclean constantly, neglect children, irresponsible family of five) I've decided to no longer accept any monies from the CITYFELPS PROGRAMand begin eviction when lease has ended. In NY it takes one year without rent to finally get them out of a 3 BEDROOM APT. This trifling tenant has an EMPLOYED WORKING HUSBAND who makes five figures (length of time on the job: six years (fraud). The welfare queen also collects social security from the government. (TAX PAYERS DOLLARS). enough is enough!

FYI LANDLORD BEWARE!!!
LEASE OR NO LEASE ONCE YOU CASH THAT LAST OR END OF THE LEASE YEAR CHECK FROM THE CITY IT IS DISCLOSED (indirectly agreed & understood by both parties) THAT YOUR TENANT CAN STAY ANOTHER YEAR.

DO NOT CASH THAT LAST CHECK IF YOU WANT THEM GONE, TAKE THEM TO COURT TO EVICT. LEGALLY.
Don't rent to these type of trashy people no matter how much money the City throws in your face. It's bait to entice you to rent to ghetto hoodrats who have no filter and are very disrespectful. Look at the headache and grief she's giving you. Not worth getting an extra $100-$200 a month in rent.

Rent to regular working folk without programs who make minimum 40x the monthly rent.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:52 PM

186 posts, read 553,552 times
But didn't the new regulations makes it very hard to turn down these tenants?

Old 06-30-2019, 07:28 PM

3,308 posts, read 1,577,144 times
All a landlord should care about is the rent.

All the EXTRA has nothing to do with you.

One collects social security if disabled or retired. One pays into it or don't get it. Let alone it is hard as hell to get. If the rent is paid, who cares?

Smoke drugs as in heroin/cocaine? Or some grass? A junkie and pothead has different shock element. But,her business if she pays that rent,right.

Supposed husband makes 5 figures? As in $25k or $95k? You seem to know alot about the tenant,than you should

And those rotten kids,filthy clothes. Ah the dirty little xxxs. Pay the rent and all is good?

What renters don't realize, when a landlord regains possession, LL gets to play with the rent for a 16% rent hike.

Yes Jack, I feel sorry for you only if you have a 2 family home.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:39 PM

8,194 posts, read 3,520,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

One collects social security if disabled or retired. One pays into it or don't get it. Let alone it is hard as hell to get. If the rent is paid, who cares?

Smoke drugs as in heroin/cocaine? Or some grass? A junkie and pothead has different shock element. But,her business if she pays that rent,right.

Supposed husband makes 5 figures? As in $25k or $95k? You seem to know alot about the tenant,than you should

And those rotten kids,filthy clothes. Ah the dirty little xxxs. Pay the rent and all is good?

What renters don't realize, when a landlord regains possession, LL gets to play with the rent for a 16% rent hike.

Your comments are absurd. A landlord should care about far more than the rent. If you collect rent from some ghetto person on a program who destroys your apartment and makes your market rate tenants want to pack up and leave then that's a problem. The lease makes it VERY clear that certain things are PROHIBITED, such as people smoking in the hallways.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:54 PM

3,308 posts, read 1,577,144 times
I have been through the ropes a few times with a LL that could give 2 ffss about the tenant . Tenants =checks in the cold hard world. And that's it.

Maybe you can beg them to leave, or mediate an agreement. Might as well forfeit a half years rent to get em out.

I got a years rent from my story. POS ain't got nothing on my poker face. Possesion is where it's at. Cut your losses now.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:26 PM

908 posts, read 589,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post

The dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. Very ignorant statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or