U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 08:52 PM

1,420 posts, read 815,110 times

Advertisements

You do not pay city taxes, therefore you are not, and should not, benefit from such services.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 10:48 PM

60 posts, read 26,080 times
OP isn't there pre-K options in the community you live in?

Old 07-09-2019, 07:56 AM

195 posts, read 58,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopSays View Post
OP isn't there pre-K options in the community you live in?
lol, obviously, he's trying to avoid paying for those pre-k options. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. If he goes through w/ the plan, it's fraud. It's really no different than a parent deciding they want their children in a certain school district, therefore they use their parents' or friend's address who resides in that specific district.

Lying about his residency to enroll his children in Pre-K is a crime that could result in hefty penalties, as well as jail time.

Old 07-09-2019, 08:39 AM

21,478 posts, read 28,357,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis89 View Post
My wife and I will be moving to Nassau County in a few months but our school district does not offer Pre-K services. We do not want to fork over 10-15k either for pre-K. However my parents live in Queens and a few blocks away from 2 preschools.

Would it be possible for my parents to register my kids for the Queens universal pre-k schools even if we live in Nassau? They have legal residence and proof they live in Queens. My kid would probably stay at their house during the week. Would that be allowed?

It is possible, but it is FRAUD. I hope you get caught and fined through the nose.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:31 AM

2,601 posts, read 1,935,813 times
Moderator, I think you should close this thread because is not appropriate for people to just come here and seek for advice on how to commit a crime.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:07 PM

10,638 posts, read 8,524,800 times
Pay all the taxes and utilities for your parents and sleep their 4 nights a week.

Old Today, 07:54 PM

361 posts, read 335,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa2323 View Post
lol, obviously, he's trying to avoid paying for those pre-k options. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. If he goes through w/ the plan, it's fraud. It's really no different than a parent deciding they want their children in a certain school district, therefore they use their parents' or friend's address who resides in that specific district.
It's actually worse than that. Its not like they pay NYC taxes and want to send the kid to a better school within NYC (still illegal). The OP is not paying NYC property tax or NYC income tax and wants to benefit from free pre-K in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or