U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:53 PM

1,012 posts, read 493,362 times

Advertisements

There are no forum rules that states that broad conversations/topics can not be discussed in local forums. Discussion of the democratic party is allowed in the NYC forum as it is primarily a democratic constituent, loyally so for years. So you grumpy old ding bat, discussing the policies of the democratic party does correlate to the experiences of the residents in NYC.

City Data is not your personal website. Take the stick out of your A$$, go outside and enjoy the weather or find a new hobby outside of moderating.

Lately you have decided that only the things and threads you would like discussed are allowed to carry on unmoderated, no matter how nonsensical they are. They are many more interesting platforms to discuss issues. Your arrogance will result in a decline in the NYC forum, loss of posters and eventual revenue.

I hope the owners of the website realizes this before it is too late.

We are not all trying to get affordable housing, the dominant threads that are allowed to flourish unchecked.

Old Today, 04:57 PM

5,554 posts, read 2,890,019 times
Agreed. I said it many times. Goes out of his way to harass certain posters who he disagrees with. That is not moderator quality.

Old Today, 04:59 PM

88 posts, read 25,512 times
There is a politics forum. Go there.

Old Today, 05:01 PM

Unless NYC City Data is on the personal payroll of the NYC democratic politicians and they are paid to scrub bad press. More people needs to report his posts/instances of biased moderation so that the owners of the website can see that it is not an isolated incident. One person is not allowed to actively suppress the posts of others while promoting uninteresting thread.

I am sure they would not ok with him ruining the quality and quantity of posters and by extension their website.

Old Today, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda718 View Post
There is a politics forum. Go there.
There is a Pennsylvania forum go there!

This is not just that one post. He has a pattern of this behavior.

Old Today, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
There is a Pennsylvania forum go there!

This is not just that one post. He has a pattern of this behavior.
All those Affordable housing threads at least have to do with NYC. And I have see Airborne and the other mods shut down irrelevant threads before.

Old Today, 05:12 PM

171 posts, read 48,099 times
i too have noticed a left leaning bias in his "moderation", if it can be called that.

Old Today, 05:13 PM

From SeventhFloor:

Dear LOVEROFNYC,

You have received an infraction at City-Data Forum.

Reason: no commenting on mod actions
-------
no commenting on mod actions
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Dear overlord SeventhFloor. I don't care about you and your silly infractions. Seems like my balls are bigger than yours lol. Did I hurt your feelings? You still suck as a MOD!!!

P.S: This is not a closed forum/group. Most people read and not post. The forum that you do police has seen a decline in none housing posting. I own my own home. So I really don't need to post in any of NYC city data's one million housing threads .

You cannot bequeath NYC City Data to your family members. So stop acting like an overlord and this is your personal forum

DID I MENTION THAT YOU SUCK?!

Of all the intelligent posters who are able to have an open mind and discuss a wide variety of issues, they gave you mod? I guess that they needed someone who has little going on and can sit at home feeling important about being an overlord while ensuring that everyone conforms to his very limited view of what is important in the world.

Old Today, 05:20 PM

6,403 posts, read 5,875,409 times
Can't we all just get along and love each other?

Old Today, 05:23 PM

If you ask me it looks like he upset you more by locking your previous thread, otherwise why did you start this one? He's probably laughing at you right now.

If I was a mod I would of moved your previous thread to the Politics forum myself and pm you letting you know, but I'm not a mod.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City