U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 06:20 PM

20,957 posts, read 13,886,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If you go the the Chinese section of Sunset Park Brooklyn and go to side street where all the houses are, you will see this.

The Chinese put in garages, and illegally put in the driveways.
Then someone needs to make a phone call.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 06:22 PM

6,949 posts, read 3,877,845 times
If I was a billionaire... I’d park where ever I wanted.. Parking ticket? Lol.... who cares?

Old 07-11-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
If I was a billionaire... I’d park where ever I wanted.. Parking ticket? Lol.... who cares?
Yeabut that's what gets me; this guy supposedly has more money than God, but yet got all lawyered up to fight a $500 ticket. Ok, he won a dismissal, but am willing to bet lawyer fees far surpassed amount of violation.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:30 PM

8,202 posts, read 3,539,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Guy was only able to get the car towed because he flagged down NYPD who (hastily and incorrectly it seems) wrote a ticket. With that Mr. Billionaire was able to make a phone call.....

NYPD or PEA only look to see if that "No Parking- Violators Will Be Towed" sign is on private property. They obviously don't know, and or maybe give a rat's behind if the space is legal or not. That will be someone else's call....

As for moving people's cones, cans or whatever on SI; yea, things have gotten out of hand. But can't say would have the same balls. Just don't want the hassle and surely risk to some eegit damaging my ride.

People take their spots seriously out on the Rock. In a way can't blame them; city allows all that development but there isn't any parking on site. Tons of town houses or whatever crammed onto what was a single family home lot, but where are people supposed to park? Living on SI isn't like Manhattan, a ride isn't a luxury but a necessity.
You forget that Airborneguy is a cop. lol

Old 07-11-2019, 06:30 PM

610 posts, read 228,971 times
Pretty Clever. He basically made a fake parking spot. All the city has to do is paint ( or anybody ) This is a parking spot...call 311 if anybody gives you trouble.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
You forget that Airborneguy is a cop. lol

I don't forget nothing.

You can even ask AB; there are limits to throwing one's weight around so to speak. It isn't like back in the day anymore. Guys can't even usually get a parking ticket pulled anymore, too many eyes watching.

It doesn't help that large majority of city residents have a hard on for NYPD, FDNY, corrections, etc... They do one thing and some eggit is running to the media complete with video or whatever crying.... Look at all the noise about placard abuse

Again am from SI and read the Advance daily. You should too, because the comments anytime FDNY, NYPD or even DSNY are involved in something are telling. This from a borough that has probably one of the largest uniformed service members as residents.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 PM

15,622 posts, read 25,093,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
If he towed my car, I'd verify which cars he owns that park there and I would damage them every single time I saw them.
No different than the old man who attempted this crap in my neighborhood years ago. I threw his cones up on his lawn and parked there whenever I felt like it. He tried calling the cops a few times, didn't work out well for him.

you and me both,

Last edited by nightcrawler; 07-11-2019 at 07:01 PM..

Old 07-11-2019, 07:17 PM

6,949 posts, read 3,877,845 times
Quote:
Yeabut that's what gets me; this guy supposedly has more money than God, but yet got all lawyered up to fight a $500 ticket. Ok, he won a dismissal, but am willing to bet lawyer fees far surpassed amount of violation.
Well... that’s him. I wouldn’t sweat it!

Old 07-12-2019, 06:07 PM

6,299 posts, read 6,420,472 times
Quote:
Then someone needs to make a phone call.....
I sure the inspectors notice when they drive by.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I sure the inspectors notice when they drive by.

Have to say in our experience either via telephone or online a compliant about illegal curb cut/yellow line or whatever gets pretty quick response. Maybe not instant as in next week, but when you check back on line about two weeks later there is an update. Usually shows an inspector went out, his findings, notice of violation, etc...

Had to drop a quarter on some local eegit who while having a legal curb cut proceeded to paint entire curb in front of his house yellow. A young lady parked there and he came out of house started giving her a beef; that ain't right because the line was bogus. So, being the upstanding citizen I am.....

Passed by the place several weeks later and that yellow line was painted over with grey paint.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or