Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 11:36 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,732,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
He said the garage PLUS the empty lot next to it. More than enough room for 3 buildings.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St...!4d-73.9447158
Correct. The garage that is there plus the large empty lot next to it. There is a rendering they placed out front if you want to see how it will look. I’ll try to get a photo today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 01:14 PM

264 posts, read 135,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Rumors have been floating around for a while up here in Hamilton Heights, and it has now been confirmed that the old parking garage near 145th and Saint Nicholas Ave will be torn down and combined with the large empty lot next to it to build three massive 30 story luxury buildings with street level retail space (rumored to be anchored by a Trader Joes) along with a large fountain and green space.

Renderings were placed in front of the site last night and construction equipment has begun to arrive.
i dont know man, i live near by and and i only saw a movie filming crew there. they painted the word gimnasio on the side of the building too. is a movie set, not a real construction site.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabandgo View Post
i dont know man, i live near by and and i only saw a movie filming crew there. they painted the word gimnasio on the side of the building too. is a movie set, not a real construction site.
Could be. The rumors are flying. What building did they paint gimnasio on? On the rendering out front?

I saw the filming going on too, but they were on Convent and then on 145th proper. I didn’t see any movie action on the lot. Just a bulldozer moving dirt around.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:27 PM

264 posts, read 135,052 times
Quote:
Could be. The rumors are flying. What building did they paint gimnasio on? On the rendering out front?

I saw the filming going on too, but they were on Convent and then on 145th proper. I didn’t see any movie action on the lot. Just a bulldozer moving dirt around.
on the parking garage, above the door, they painted to look vintage, and faded. is like 2 feet by 12 feet, you will see it.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:32 PM

Cool. Thanks for the info. I’ll check it out.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:20 PM

1,121 posts, read 586,998 times
Three 30 Story Luxury Apartment Buildings Going up at 145th St and Saint Nicholas Ave in Hamilton Heights

Those are some srsly tall buildings for that area. It is mostly 3-7 story residential buildings around those parts. I hope they adapt okay.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propman-nyc View Post
Three 30 Story Luxury Apartment Buildings Going up at 145th St and Saint Nicholas Ave in Hamilton Heights

Those are some srsly tall buildings for that area. It is mostly 3-7 story residential buildings around those parts. I hope they adapt okay.
They have been building more and more tall buildings up town. There is a new massive one on 125th. Gonna be a hotel and rentals.

I’m getting conflicting info from people. Some say massive new buildings, some are saying they are a proposal, some are saying it’s all for a movie shoot.

I’m gonna wait for something more official. I walked by the rendering, if that is indeed what that new sign is, and it looks nice, but yea, would be really big.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:33 PM

P.S. If that big sign with a rendering on it is indeed for a film shoot, they really should put up notices about it. There were no film notices there at all. Only down the street where I saw them filming yesterday in front of a house on Convent and by 141st where they have food trucks setup.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:45 PM

31,676 posts, read 26,605,989 times
Quote:
They have been building more and more tall buildings up town. There is a new massive one on 125th. Gonna be a hotel and rentals.

I’m getting conflicting info from people. Some say massive new buildings, some are saying they are a proposal, some are saying it’s all for a movie shoot.

I’m gonna wait for something more official. I walked by the rendering, if that is indeed what that new sign is, and it looks nice, but yea, would be really big.
As you say "you" live in the area, but have not seen one GD thing on YIMBY, the Real Deal, local Harlem news media or any where else announcing this large development for 145th and St. Nick.

Even if only a proposal or whatever *something* would have been said by now even from just developers acquiring lots, filing demolition permits and other public information that drives news feeds.

YIMBY in particular is usually very on top of demolition and other permit filings, and they've got nothing.

Old 07-10-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
As you say "you" live in the area, but have not seen one GD thing on YIMBY, the Real Deal, local Harlem news media or any where else announcing this large development for 145th and St. Nick.

Even if only a proposal or whatever *something* would have been said by now even from just developers acquiring lots, filing demolition permits and other public information that drives news feeds.

YIMBY in particular is usually very on top of demolition and other permit filings, and they've got nothing.
Relax, buddy. Don’t blow out your O ring. We are just trying to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks for looking into YIMBY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City