Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 07:31 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times

Advertisements

Radio City Music Hall tour??? The family is visiting NY on saturday and the tour arranged for everyone is a tour that is indoors? Why not take advantage of a beautiful 80 degree day and be on a tour traveling to the boroughs on the double decker bus? I feel like going somewhere else because that type of tour seems more suited for winter time not a saturday in the month of August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 08:11 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Well, yeah, maybe. But it might depend on whether this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, or they come once a year or more. And, really, I assume the tour will only take an hour or two.

And you didn't mention what your involvement is. Is it your family? I'm not sure that riding on a bus sounds like fun. Why don't you come up with a better plan? Or just come up with a plan for after the tour.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Well, yeah, maybe. But it might depend on whether this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, or they come once a year or more. And, really, I assume the tour will only take an hour or two.

And you didn't mention what your involvement is. Is it your family? I'm not sure that riding on a bus sounds like fun. Why don't you come up with a better plan? Or just come up with a plan for after the tour.
Yes a family trip but I would think we would do things outdoors like

eating at a Manhattan Restaurant that has outdoor seating
bus tour to one of the boroughs
central park
Times sqaure

I will try and come up with something

Old 08-29-2019, 08:17 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,204 times
Sometimes on a hot day, you don't want to be riding on a double decker bus with the sun's damaging UV rays on your skin. Being in an air conditioned place that is indoors may be more comfortable and it's only going to be an hour or two. It may be a bad air quality day in NYC, more pollution concentrated because of the heat.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,130,025 times
I think it sounds fine. Plus it should be under two hours. You can combine it with a trip to Central Park which could amount to hours of being outside. If you desperately want to check out an outer borough neighborhood, hop on the N train at 57th St and 5th Ave (this is right near Central Park) and get off somewhere in Astoria and walk around the Greek areas.

Another outdoor activity tourists tend to like is walking over the brooklyn bridge or walking on the high line, which can be combined with a visit to the Vessel at Hudson Yards. If you plan your day well you should have time to do a bunch of things.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Sometimes on a hot day, you don't want to be riding on a double decker bus with the sun's damaging UV rays on your skin. Being in an air conditioned place that is indoors may be more comfortable and it's only going to be an hour or two. It may be a bad air quality day in NYC, more pollution concentrated because of the heat.
Saturday the weather will be 80 degrees

Old 08-29-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I think it sounds fine. Plus it should be under two hours. You can combine it with a trip to Central Park which could amount to hours of being outside. If you desperately want to check out an outer borough neighborhood, hop on the N train at 57th St and 5th Ave (this is right near Central Park) and get off somewhere in Astoria and walk around the Greek areas.

Another outdoor activity tourists tend to like is walking over the brooklyn bridge or walking on the high line, which can be combined with a visit to the Vessel at Hudson Yards. If you plan your day well you should have time to do a bunch of things.
The boat tour was added I am being told but I am wondering how can we do the boat tour if both are nowhere near each other. The pier area is no way near radio city music hall

Old 08-29-2019, 10:31 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
FYI the subway trains are free. Just keep jumping the turnstiles, they will actually even reward you with a free tour of Riker's Island.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:20 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times
I agree with Henna. Take the Radio City tour (I read that it’s 75 minutes long) and then head up to Central Park.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 08-30-2019 at 08:32 AM..

Old 08-30-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I agree with Henna. Take the Radio City tour (I read that it’s 75 minutes long) and then head up to Central Park.
thanks will keep that in mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: