U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM

24,219 posts, read 17,610,929 times

Advertisements

If someone says something bad happened to them, whether itís discrimination or whether itís sexual assault the least people could do is give them the benefit of the doubt. People donít make these accusations lightly. These are huge problems throughout the society. Iím glad the OP spoke up. The fact some here tried to dismiss you means you need to file the complaint. Otherwise it will get swept under the rug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

19,606 posts, read 34,699,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
If someone says something bad happened to them, whether it’s discrimination or whether it’s sexual assault the least people could do is give them the benefit of the doubt. People don’t make these accusations lightly. These are huge problems throughout the society. I’m glad the OP spoke up. The fact some here tried to dismiss you means you need to file the complaint. Otherwise it will get swept under the rug.
That was tough.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NyWriterdude again."

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

8,714 posts, read 7,106,213 times
Did the OP even say what discrimination they felt? Race wasn’t mentioned.

And no, I won’t give accusers the immediate benefit of the doubt. That’s not how our system of laws works. If the accuser has no evidence to back their claims, their accusations are bunk.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM

181 posts, read 551,868 times
It's hard to even determine who is first sometimes with multiple applications. Some are missing information so ll is going to ask for more information. Does incomplete means someones who applied later is first? Does technical issues at credit/background check? For example, I ran into a verification issue with a site an applicant want to use. It took me a few days to clear it since they don't have direct phone support only emails. At the end of the day, it's very difficult to prove especially if the place you are targeting fields people of same or similar backgrounds anyway.

I get accused of racism many times when I deny applications with 100% of time being financial aren't what people said they are. If any of them really sue or file complaints it'll be easy to prove them or the government wrong when 100% of my applicants and tenants are minorities. I just simply ignore and move on.

Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM

5,476 posts, read 6,907,112 times
How do you know what race the person getting the apartment is to back your racism claim? Have you met him/her?

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

8,261 posts, read 6,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
How do you know what race the person getting the apartment is to back your racism claim? Have you met him/her?
Not yet but her photo zoom lens is ready to go

Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Quote:
If someone says something bad happened to them, whether itís discrimination or whether itís sexual assault the least people could do is give them the benefit of the doubt. People donít make these accusations lightly. These are huge problems throughout the society. Iím glad the OP spoke up. The fact some here tried to dismiss you means you need to file the complaint. Otherwise it will get swept under the rug.
Not sure I agree with the people not making accusations lightly. Any fool can and will file a lawsuit over any perceived wrong. In this day of social media and wanting to be the center of attention, I feel there are even more people who claim things that never happened.

Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

24,219 posts, read 17,610,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Not sure I agree with the people not making accusations lightly. Any fool can and will file a lawsuit over any perceived wrong. In this day of social media and wanting to be the center of attention, I feel there are even more people who claim things that never happened.
Yes, because white men donít want to acknowledge other white men guilty of wrong doing. Lawsuits cost a lot in the way of time and labor and there has to Be reasonable evidence before a lawyer is going to take a case. The lawyer has to believe that they can win the case.

Of course, racists donít want people to be able to sue, just as misogynists donít want women to be able to file claims when they are raped.

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, because white men donít want to acknowledge other white men guilty of wrong doing. Lawsuits cost a lot in the way of time and labor and there has to Be reasonable evidence before a lawyer is going to take a case. The lawyer has to believe that they can win the case.

Of course, racists donít want people to be able to sue, just as misogynists donít want women to be able to file claims when they are raped.
No one has said anything about her not being able to sue, but rather spoke of the burden of proving the case.
So let her file and as others have said expect a countersuit for defamation if she can't prove her case.

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,045,818 times
Quote:
You donít have the full story either so why attack someone and call them a liar?

Searching for a new home in any case is difficult. You could at least have empathy for that, regardless of whether discrimination occurred
I never called anyone a liar.

But making up your own facts is not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or