U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2019, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Gods country
5,582 posts, read 4,355,982 times
Reputation: 7748

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
He was arrested for selling Lucy’s, a d that was the direct cause of his death. No need to kill someone over selling Lucy’s. It’s not like killing him stopped people from selling lucy’s or any other drug.

There was no need to take action.
WRONG, the direct cause of his death were his own actions. He had every opportunity to comply and he chose to fight.

 
Old 07-17-2019, 03:13 PM
 
3,303 posts, read 1,573,034 times
Reputation: 3616
What else is new? NYPD get away with it again. Unions are tight and will back up one of their own


I cant recall any NYPD doing any serious jailtime... even with a damn video...

And yes,like always list an arrest records. What,30 petty crimes,including turnstile jumping?

We got people in society the skate through life and k ow no better. Selling loosies, swipes,nickle bags, society needs these people .
 
Old 07-17-2019, 03:19 PM
 
155 posts, read 34,667 times
Reputation: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
I cant recall any NYPD doing any serious jailtime... even with a damn video...
Tell that to the guy from the Abner Luima case.
 
Old 07-17-2019, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Gods country
5,582 posts, read 4,355,982 times
Reputation: 7748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
Tell that to the guy from the Abner Luima case.
He will have done 18 years before heís eligible for parole.
 
Old 07-17-2019, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
8,753 posts, read 7,122,619 times
Reputation: 8242
And Joe Gray.
And Richard Digugliemo who killed a savage attacking his father and was prosecuted by the snake Jeanine Pirro.
__________________
"No Copyrighted Material"

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
 
Old 07-17-2019, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Bronx
16,256 posts, read 18,720,720 times
Reputation: 8179
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Is there even a need to kill someone over selling loose cigarettes? The family lost their father. He was not harming anyone by selling loose cigarettes.
Even we don see eye to eye due to opinions and beliefs' of he new modern day religion and faith of Social Justice. I had to rep you on this one Nywriterdude.

Mod Cut Off Topic Politics

May Eric Garner rip. Not for nothing he did not deserve to die that day. No one deserves to die. Here is my take on this. Eric Garner had poor health, the officers did not know about his poor health conditions. Also note I don't condone the actions of the officers. The reason why Eric Garner died is due to systemic failures which led up to this man demise. First off, the community in Staten Island failed him. Why did I say that? Eric Garner had nearly 40 something arrests. How and why is this man getting into trouble where he lives. He gets arrested nearly twice a year at the look of things. Getting arrested twice a year, is a bad look when trying to look or find a job. Employers would rather hire a racists with no criminal record vs hiring a black man with 40 nonviolent arrest record.

Did I say the community failed him? Where he lives the police also patrol. I know its not the police job to be social workers, which I agree with. But sometimes being a cop involves being a social worker. I remember the 40th precinct hosted an event with a lawyer van and legal aid society to expunge misdemeanors of offenders. I walked past the line, and not to be racists or bigoted (I thought people were waiting for a new release of Air Jordan's). You saw one or two white men, and a few Hispanics. But the line was mostly black men waiting to see if they can get their criminal record expunged. And another event where the precinct in my neighborhood held hosted a job fair, and the job fair was dedicated to those who have criminal records. Another event the precinct held a community BBQ. And note, I'm no criminal or ever been arrested. doing such kind acts, and deeds to the community they serve helps create and foster bonds between the public and the police.

Again did I say his community failed him right. The community where he lived contributed to his decline in health. Living in the projects is not forever, and having rodents, mice contributes to asthma, having poor food options contribute to diabetes, and no near by gym or option to afford a gym also contributes to health problems.

I agree he was not harming no one selling loose cigarettes, but what he was doing is selling cigarettes which are supposed to be taxed via NYS. You have to be a merchant to sell cigarettes, and clearly Eric Garner was no a merchant. Even though he was married and had a side piece woman, neither woman could not help lift him up to become better.

Also where are the activists like pro black and social justice types and black pastors for these young black boys in Staten Island prior to Eric Garner death? Nowhere. These types especially the black female social justice activist is in her condo with her boutique dog and her white/Hispanic/biracial boyfriend or white/biracial/Hispanic husband and vice versa. They are not near Stapleton. Also you have the black pastor, who makes his money in the hood, and heads back to suburbia in his nice home and nice car.

When I take a panoramic look at things. Society failed Eric Garner, in which he also failed himself, even though he tried his best to survive in non harmless ways but illegal. He did not deserve to die. Since the Feds wont charge officer Pantenelo, I hope the NYPD fires him. I don't like to see people fired, but this event takes the cake. Pantenelo lost the publics trust, and the trust of the community. He needs to be let go, and hopefully a new process of community rebuilding can be built, forgiven and never forget.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 07-17-2019 at 05:20 PM..
 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:03 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,539 posts, read 5,722,945 times
Reputation: 3463
Nor should he. THe guy resisted arrest and was overweight. His diet is what killed him. You can't work yourself up into a frenzy, fight the police and be the victim when you have a heart attack while you're the one resisting arrest.
 
Old Yesterday, 05:21 AM
 
8,122 posts, read 5,309,295 times
Reputation: 9298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Even we don see eye to eye due to opinions and beliefs' of he new modern day religion and faith of Social Justice. I had to rep you on this one Nywriterdude.

Mod Cut Off Topic Politics

May Eric Garner rip. Not for nothing he did not deserve to die that day. No one deserves to die. Here is my take on this. Eric Garner had poor health, the officers did not know about his poor health conditions. Also note I don't condone the actions of the officers. The reason why Eric Garner died is due to systemic failures which led up to this man demise. First off, the community in Staten Island failed him. Why did I say that? Eric Garner had nearly 40 something arrests. How and why is this man getting into trouble where he lives. He gets arrested nearly twice a year at the look of things. Getting arrested twice a year, is a bad look when trying to look or find a job. Employers would rather hire a racists with no criminal record vs hiring a black man with 40 nonviolent arrest record.

Did I say the community failed him? Where he lives the police also patrol. I know its not the police job to be social workers, which I agree with. But sometimes being a cop involves being a social worker. I remember the 40th precinct hosted an event with a lawyer van and legal aid society to expunge misdemeanors of offenders. I walked past the line, and not to be racists or bigoted (I thought people were waiting for a new release of Air Jordan's). You saw one or two white men, and a few Hispanics. But the line was mostly black men waiting to see if they can get their criminal record expunged. And another event where the precinct in my neighborhood held hosted a job fair, and the job fair was dedicated to those who have criminal records. Another event the precinct held a community BBQ. And note, I'm no criminal or ever been arrested. doing such kind acts, and deeds to the community they serve helps create and foster bonds between the public and the police.

Again did I say his community failed him right. The community where he lived contributed to his decline in health. Living in the projects is not forever, and having rodents, mice contributes to asthma, having poor food options contribute to diabetes, and no near by gym or option to afford a gym also contributes to health problems.

I agree he was not harming no one selling loose cigarettes, but what he was doing is selling cigarettes which are supposed to be taxed via NYS. You have to be a merchant to sell cigarettes, and clearly Eric Garner was no a merchant. Even though he was married and had a side piece woman, neither woman could not help lift him up to become better.

Also where are the activists like pro black and social justice types and black pastors for these young black boys in Staten Island prior to Eric Garner death? Nowhere. These types especially the black female social justice activist is in her condo with her boutique dog and her white/Hispanic/biracial boyfriend or white/biracial/Hispanic husband and vice versa. They are not near Stapleton. Also you have the black pastor, who makes his money in the hood, and heads back to suburbia in his nice home and nice car.

When I take a panoramic look at things. Society failed Eric Garner, in which he also failed himself, even though he tried his best to survive in non harmless ways but illegal. He did not deserve to die. Since the Feds wont charge officer Pantenelo, I hope the NYPD fires him. I don't like to see people fired, but this event takes the cake. Pantenelo lost the publics trust, and the trust of the community. He needs to be let go, and hopefully a new process of community rebuilding can be built, forgiven and never forget.
Dude, what are you on??

The community failed Eric??? More like his mom and dad failed him, his immediate and extended family failed him and ultimately he failed himself. You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped or doesn't want to change.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM
 
Location: NJ
186 posts, read 553,100 times
Reputation: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Dude, what are you on??

The community failed Eric??? More like his mom and dad failed him, his immediate and extended family failed him and ultimately he failed himself. You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped or doesn't want to change.
It can go both ways however more often or not, it involves the person needing the help seeking help. There is no correct answer.
 
Old Yesterday, 06:36 AM
 
8,122 posts, read 5,309,295 times
Reputation: 9298
Quote:
Originally Posted by va-jc View Post
It can go both ways however more often or not, it involves the person needing the help seeking help. There is no correct answer.
If this guy wanted help, he could have received it. I doubt he was seeking it. His wife even said that he was a lazy person.


He was no stranger to cheeseburgers and chicken...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top