U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 07:54 AM

21,528 posts, read 28,440,291 times

Advertisements

It is a good step. Nobody will die of heat stroke at 78 degrees.

THank God for this two day morning overcast which is keeping the temperatures a LITTLE lower than feared. But the Sun seems to be trying to break though as of 10 PM and the humidity is at an Amazonian 89%.
If I am going to get any outdoor shopping chores done, I had best start very soon.

My floor needs washing but I am loathe to add any more moisture to the already damp air, so the floor will have to wait. <How's THAT for a rationalization?>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 08:09 AM

1,378 posts, read 658,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
IMHO females are just more sensitive to the cold, especially as they get older.

Get on any bus or subway and you'll notice even though it is > 90F outside females start pulling jackets or sweaters out of their bags.

In our office would have to say nearly every female in any position has a jacket or sweater somewhere in their office or draped over a chair always ready.

Don't get me started with feet; what is it about females wearing socks indoors complaining their feet are always cold?
females are just more sensitive to the cold this is biologically true but on my floor there are pockets of temp differences. I'm sitting at the end of my row and it is always freezing (there is also a vent right above me) the middle and end or my row is warm. It's like this throughout the floor and there is about 400 people on my floor alone.

what is it about females wearing socks indoors complaining their feet are always cold? No clue, I don't wear socks in doors nor do i sleep with them.

What is it with men who were socks with sandals, even in this weather?

Old 07-19-2019, 07:20 PM

3,538 posts, read 3,374,081 times
Quote:
IMHO females are just more sensitive to the cold, especially as they get older.

Get on any bus or subway and you'll notice even though it is > 90F outside females start pulling jackets or sweaters out of their bags.

In our office would have to say nearly every female in any position has a jacket or sweater somewhere in their office or draped over a chair always ready.

Don't get me started with feet; what is it about females wearing socks indoors complaining their feet are always cold?

one of my females has a heater for summer use in her office...but i don't blame her. it is pathetic to AC the temp below 74, which is quite a common practice across the US.

Old 07-20-2019, 11:11 AM

8,157 posts, read 5,321,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
one of my females has a heater for summer use in her office...but i don't blame her. it is pathetic to AC the temp below 74, which is quite a common practice across the US.
one of your females???

Old 07-20-2019, 12:13 PM

899 posts, read 932,412 times
overrated. i was outside just now. this is a major loss of revenue for both small business and taxes on those ozzy tickets. i am not rich nor a business owner but you want cash to exchange hands as often as possible in a capitalist economy. this was overblown bigtime. it is NOT terrible outside especially if you have cooling fans, a shade, and unlimited water which the event was going to give.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:01 PM

20,875 posts, read 13,839,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
females are just more sensitive to the cold this is biologically true but on my floor there are pockets of temp differences. I'm sitting at the end of my row and it is always freezing (there is also a vent right above me) the middle and end or my row is warm. It's like this throughout the floor and there is about 400 people on my floor alone.

what is it about females wearing socks indoors complaining their feet are always cold? No clue, I don't wear socks in doors nor do i sleep with them.

What is it with men who were socks with sandals, even in this weather?

Because either they believe getting a pedicure is "gay" and thus their feet are busted. Or, it's just how some guys were raised, you always wear socks with any sort of shoes. This again is probably something to do with not looking "gay" or whatever.

Seeing guys wear loafers with no socks drives some other guys up the wall.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:04 PM

8,157 posts, read 5,321,156 times
Quote:
Because either they believe getting a pedicure is "gay" and thus their feet are busted. Or, it's just how some guys were raised, you always wear socks with any sort of shoes. This again is probably something to do with not looking "gay" or whatever.

Seeing guys wear loafers with no socks drives some other guys up the wall.
You don't need to get a pedicure to have nice feet. All you need to do is cut your nails and address issues if any.

I don't wear socks with sandals if i wear sandals.

Same thing with shorts. Some dudes wear capri like shorts to not show off too much legs. LOL.

My shorts reach mid to above knee.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:53 PM

20,875 posts, read 13,839,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
You don't need to get a pedicure to have nice feet. All you need to do is cut your nails and address issues if any.

I don't wear socks with sandals if i wear sandals.

Same thing with shorts. Some dudes wear capri like shorts to not show off too much legs. LOL.

My shorts reach mid to above knee.
Agreed! For most all you need is to hit the feet with a pumice or other stone while in shower, and keep those nails trimmed and filed. Maybe a bit of lotion to keep things nice.

That being said many guys either cannot or will not do even this bare minimum. Either they cannot reach (don't ask) or have other physical limitations> If you've got a beer gut that puts a nine month pregnant female carrying twins to shame, and thus cannot touch your toes....

Have been to many pools, beaches and so forth and seen some really crunchy feet on guys. Mostly middle aged and older. Young guys today by and large keep themselves nice.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:05 PM

3,538 posts, read 3,374,081 times
Quote:
Agreed! For most all you need is to hit the feet with a pumice or other stone while in shower, and keep those nails trimmed and filed. Maybe a bit of lotion to keep things nice.

That being said many guys either cannot or will not do even this bare minimum. Either they cannot reach (don't ask) or have other physical limitations> If you've got a beer gut that puts a nine month pregnant female carrying twins to shame, and thus cannot touch your toes....

Have been to many pools, beaches and so forth and seen some really crunchy feet on guys. Mostly middle aged and older. Young guys today by and large keep themselves nice.
Didn’t know that there are semi-professional beacher/pool goers who watch/study other guys’ gut and foot and what not...sounds like a creepy hobby, doesn’t it...

Last edited by leoliu; 07-20-2019 at 06:16 PM..

Old 07-20-2019, 07:12 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,001,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
overrated. i was outside just now. this is a major loss of revenue for both small business and taxes on those ozzy tickets. i am not rich nor a business owner but you want cash to exchange hands as often as possible in a capitalist economy. this was overblown bigtime. it is NOT terrible outside especially if you have cooling fans, a shade, and unlimited water which the event was going to give.
I was walking around the park (yes, I'm that person when it comes to a heat wave) and it wasn't all that bad. In the shade with trees all around me and a nice breeze, it was ok. Of course, whenever they hype things up the tendency is to go, "oh, it's not all that bad". But it really wasn't. Walking around on the sidewalk with the sun full on your face wasn't pleasant but once in the park, in the shade, it was ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or