U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:39 PM

3,881 posts, read 988,051 times

Advertisements

I agree.
In no particular order...........

Pizza,bagels with cream cheese,butter and jellied roll, Coffee and a donuts,
Chicken over rice, Ham,Egg and cheese on a roll, hot dogs,burger deluxe,
scrambled eggs and (potatoes or fries) with gravy,meatball heroes,chicken
cutlet heroes,cold cut heroes,sandwiches, chips,soups and sodas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:05 PM

8,277 posts, read 6,294,865 times
you mean lamb over rice

Old Today, 09:09 PM

1,879 posts, read 546,604 times
There is so much variety, but these are some things are a big part of 2019 New York cuisine:

Japanese (ramen, sushi, etc.)
Thai
Chinese (both Americanized and regional Chinese)
Indian
Jamaican
French
Italian (including pizza but a greater variety than just simple dollar slices)
Mexican
New American
Asian fusion
and many more

Really depends on your neighborhood of course, but generally you have a greater selection than that drawing

All of these are more exciting/important to me than corner store food

Old Today, 09:17 PM

6,234 posts, read 6,382,352 times
No heck no, NYCers have a more sophisticated palate than that. Thats almost like an English palate in your image.

Old Today, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
No heck no, NYCers have a more sophisticated palate than that. Thats almost like an English palate in your image.
What do you mean English? I doubt they eat like that. I associate England with Indian food if anything.

Last edited by Foamposite; Today at 09:41 PM..

Old Today, 10:05 PM

22,172 posts, read 23,691,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
There is so much variety, but these are some things are a big part of 2019 New York cuisine:

Japanese (ramen, sushi, etc.)
Thai
Chinese (both Americanized and regional Chinese)
Indian
Jamaican
French
Italian (including pizza but a greater variety than just simple dollar slices)
Mexican
New American
Asian fusion
and many more

Really depends on your neighborhood of course, but generally you have a greater selection than that drawing

All of these are more exciting/important to me than corner store food
You're right, but those are larger categories and none of them identifiably part of NYC or the region. I think if we were going to expand this with fancier foods, then there are a lot of more mid-level or fine dining dishes invented in NYC and the region.

Old Today, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
you mean lamb over rice
I like combo over rice, with less rice, more salad--still a great meal to me when I get it from the right places.

Old Today, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You're right, but those are larger categories and none of them identifiably part of NYC or the region. I think if we were going to expand this with fancier foods, then there are a lot of more mid-level or fine dining dishes invented in NYC and the region.
Yeah but Arizona Iced Tea, Coffee, Wise Chips, and Honey buns aren't really specifically NYC either

Old Today, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Yeah but Arizona Iced Tea, Coffee, Wise Chips, and Honey buns aren't really specifically NYC either
You're right. I especially don't understand the honey buns one. Arizona Iced Teat is actually from the tri-state area, that pseudo greek-ish cup the coffee comes is recognizably from here, and Wise chips are east coast, but I don't know where the honey buns come in. Is that supposed to be a specific brand?

Old Today, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You're right. I especially don't understand the honey buns one. Arizona Iced Teat is actually from the tri-state area, that pseudo greek-ish cup the coffee comes is recognizably from here, and Wise chips are east coast, but I don't know where the honey buns come in. Is that supposed to be a specific brand?

I can't think of a specific honey bun brand, the first ones that comes to mind are Mrs Freshley's which is from Georgia, and Little Debbie which is from Tennessee.

The pseudo Greek cup is dying out and people drink coffee literally everywhere, plus Wise is from PA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City