U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:55 PM

18 posts, read 4,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I think perp can claim a self defense. I have been through bullying, and bullied others all simultaneously.

Bullying really is very bad thing to do especially if long term. This perp likely could not get away from the bully, and suffered long term bullying.

The perp has to protect himself somehow. Often violence is only choice. I know I have been though this too. The teachers are not going to do crap.
thing was that the judge refuted his claim of self defense, since he never met the two boys until the day of the stabbing, and although the victim apologized, Abel initiated the fight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 09:44 PM

6,299 posts, read 6,414,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Femto666 View Post
thing was that the judge refuted his claim of self defense, since he never met the two boys until the day of the stabbing, and although the victim apologized, Abel initiated the fight
I did not read article in detail.

But there are a lot of bullying incidences, where violence is justified.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:31 AM

1,940 posts, read 567,117 times
Doesn't sound like self defense to me. What's next, school shooters claiming self defense because they were bullied?

Old 07-19-2019, 06:38 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,999,221 times
Verdict seems right and the kid didn't seem to have a bit of remorse. That said, the kids he stabbed weren't innocent bystanders. They went to him to fight. You never know who you are messing with.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:08 AM

25 posts, read 21,474 times
This incident is very unfortunate. Here are my thoughts.

Cedeno was being bullied at school located in the Bronx. Bronx public schools are tough to navigate. The cultures that permeate schools often are that of toxic masculinity, machismo, colorism, and the list goes on. To some it up... If you aren't down with a particular group, you can very easily find yourself the target of group. And when that happens, you gotta fight your way out, because I can guarantee the teachers won't be able to do much. And if they do, school ends at 3PM. You are on your own then. That's the environment Cedeno was in. If I were in that situation, I too would bring a weapon to school. The same way many other students probably do. Kids don't fight fair anymore, and if you are not about the fighting life, you are gonna need some help (aka weapon).

Its said that the victim never interacted with Cedeno prior to that incident. However, that really does not matter. The kids who get bullied are known in the schools. They are easy to identify because they usually stay to themselves. Shy, timid, scared. They are easy marks. This idea that because Cedeno never engaged with the victim prior to the incident invalidates the act of bullying is BS.

Im not at all justifying the stabbing, but I can 100% understand how and why Cedeno responded the way he did. The victim, prior to becoming a victim, was victimizing another person.

Parents need to do better jobs at parenting. Stop having kids if you don't know and don't want to learn how to parent.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:22 AM

19,694 posts, read 34,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Verdict seems right and the kid didn't seem to have a bit of remorse. That said, the kids he stabbed weren't innocent bystanders. They went to him to fight. You never know who you are messing with.
I agree with all of the above

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-19-2019, 03:33 PM

130 posts, read 482,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midtown07 View Post
This incident is very unfortunate. Here are my thoughts.

Cedeno was being bullied at school located in the Bronx. Bronx public schools are tough to navigate. The cultures that permeate schools often are that of toxic masculinity, machismo, colorism, and the list goes on. To some it up... If you aren't down with a particular group, you can very easily find yourself the target of group. And when that happens, you gotta fight your way out, because I can guarantee the teachers won't be able to do much. And if they do, school ends at 3PM. You are on your own then. That's the environment Cedeno was in. If I were in that situation, I too would bring a weapon to school. The same way many other students probably do. Kids don't fight fair anymore, and if you are not about the fighting life, you are gonna need some help (aka weapon).

Its said that the victim never interacted with Cedeno prior to that incident. However, that really does not matter. The kids who get bullied are known in the schools. They are easy to identify because they usually stay to themselves. Shy, timid, scared. They are easy marks. This idea that because Cedeno never engaged with the victim prior to the incident invalidates the act of bullying is BS.

Im not at all justifying the stabbing, but I can 100% understand how and why Cedeno responded the way he did. The victim, prior to becoming a victim, was victimizing another person.

Parents need to do better jobs at parenting. Stop having kids if you don't know and don't want to learn how to parent.
1st of all you sound like a punk if you think that just cause you cant fight then you should bring a knife to school. Nobody is born knowing how to fight. They learn so you can learn too...take a free karate class, box at the PAL or start lifting weights or something.

2nd cedeno admitted that he never was bullied by the victims so why are you calling it BS? Cause maybe in your mind the victims look like bullies and cedeno looks like a victim?

3rd the victim was bullying another person? Who? Did anyone testify to that? No they didnt. No classmates testified for Cedono. However 3 did testify and say that victim threw a paper that wasnt even intended for cedeno and missed... and even still apologized! Cedeno still got up and instigated a fight. So this situation is not about bullying. That was just his excuse. He is just a misfit with mental health issues. He was probably mad that he was 17 and in a class with 15 year olds

Old 07-19-2019, 05:48 PM

25 posts, read 21,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDrop149 View Post
1st of all you sound like a punk if you think that just cause you cant fight then you should bring a knife to school. Nobody is born knowing how to fight. They learn so you can learn too...take a free karate class, box at the PAL or start lifting weights or something.

2nd cedeno admitted that he never was bullied by the victims so why are you calling it BS? Cause maybe in your mind the victims look like bullies and cedeno looks like a victim?

3rd the victim was bullying another person? Who? Did anyone testify to that? No they didnt. No classmates testified for Cedono. However 3 did testify and say that victim threw a paper that wasnt even intended for cedeno and missed... and even still apologized! Cedeno still got up and instigated a fight. So this situation is not about bullying. That was just his excuse. He is just a misfit with mental health issues. He was probably mad that he was 17 and in a class with 15 year olds
So many assumptions in your response I won't bother to respond.

Old 07-19-2019, 06:06 PM

3,605 posts, read 3,093,815 times
What the heck kind of high school is the "Urban Assembly School for Wildlife Conservation?" Specifically what kind of "wildlife" is the school concerned with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJzzg34gzA

Old 07-19-2019, 06:21 PM

19,694 posts, read 34,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
What the heck kind of high school is the "Urban Assembly School for Wildlife Conservation?" Specifically what kind of "wildlife" is the school concerned with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJzzg34gzA
School isn't far from the Bronx Zoo, they're prolly affiliated

Smh

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or