U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 08:59 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,174,384 times

Advertisements

Every day I'm in the city and I pass by at least 6-10 poop land mines. I saw a heaping pile the other day right on the edge of sidewalk ramp, right on the intersection of a very busy street. I have a feeling the A-hole that did this was just looking to mess with people.

Unfortunately, it's everywhere but I've never caught someone in the act not cleaning up after their dog. I have a feeling I'd flip out and say something to that person.

I'd like to hear from some of you folks that caught one of these people in the act and if you did something about it. Please share your story as I'd love to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 12:22 PM

15,618 posts, read 25,077,007 times
is someone is walking thier dog in front of my property, i stand there and watch.
One of the tenants stood there one time and some dumb lady let her dog poop on our property, and out tenant (aho also was walking her dog, yelled atthe lady and said you forgot something, the lady shook her head and walked away./
the tenant from our building took the ladys dog poop with her dog poop bag, picked it up and walked up t her, said you fiorgot something and she thrw the bag of dog shyt in her face.

it was a war, let me tell you./

Old 07-22-2019, 01:30 PM

168 posts, read 37,904 times
I always picked up after my dogs. One time I was visiting the Jersey Shore when my dog had a larger than average movement back in an alley. I found that all I had to scoop it up was a dixie cup. Now I'm sunburned and my legs are chaffed from walking on the beach all day, so I come staggering and limping out of this alley with my pit bull and this giant log of shyte in a dixie cup, it looked like a big chocolate ice cream cone. These little kids just happened to be entering the alley when they witnessed this scene. They turned and ran away screaming.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:59 PM

176 posts, read 167,009 times
I see people do that all the time but I never say anything, I just give them the side eye. One of my very irrational fears is that I tell someone to pick up their dogs poop and they pick it up, throw it at me and tell me to mind my own business.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:04 PM

20,898 posts, read 13,857,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Every day I'm in the city and I pass by at least 6-10 poop land mines. I saw a heaping pile the other day right on the edge of sidewalk ramp, right on the intersection of a very busy street. I have a feeling the A-hole that did this was just looking to mess with people.

Unfortunately, it's everywhere but I've never caught someone in the act not cleaning up after their dog. I have a feeling I'd flip out and say something to that person.

I'd like to hear from some of you folks that caught one of these people in the act and if you did something about it. Please share your story as I'd love to hear it.
All the time, but what are you going to do?

Maybe a few times calling someone out will get them to do the right thing, but these days you're playing with fire. Plenty of eegits are spoiling for a fight, so if you aren't ready to get into it, best leave well enough alone.

People (usually transplants) always walk their dogs away from their own property/building or around the block to do its business. Many native and other city residents do clean up after Fido. But you have plenty anti social thugs or suburbanites living in the city who haven't read the memo. They think who they are, and again unless you're willing to go a few rounds, best to let things go.

Old 07-22-2019, 09:25 PM

26 posts, read 4,458 times
Since my lil dog isn't satisfied with pooping in one spot I always bring two plastic bags with me. I will admit though, there were a couple of times where her poop was really mushy/liquid and I'd nah the hell out of those instances if no one was looking, and never on anyone's lawn.

I remember knowing an old guy, friend to my mom, because he knew I was into dog sitting at the time he was the only one to mention to me about curbing our dogs. Like literally walk the dog along the curb. I had always thought "Curb your dog" meant to keep them on a short leash?

Old 07-22-2019, 10:55 PM

11,805 posts, read 6,336,646 times
Have you stepped foot in the Bronx?

Old 07-23-2019, 07:05 AM

3,951 posts, read 1,008,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post

Finally caught the person who's dog defecated in front of my home. Yes. In front............
Caught him in the act. Made him pick it up and told him politely not to do that ever again
as a tenant slipped and fell hurting herself. ( A little fib goes along way )

Old 07-23-2019, 10:23 AM

97 posts, read 76,160 times
It's not always dog poop...

But, on the topic at hand, I caught someone IN MY BUILDING once who let her dog go by the elevators on the first floor. She picked up the poop and I'm not sure if she had any intention of cleaning up the pee. After she ran into the elevator, I walked over to the front desk and told them that there was a mess to clean up and they should rewind the security tape two minutes to see the culprit.

Old Today, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 13 times
Sometimes its more useful to explain smth to a person in a friendly manner. In this situation, it's dangerous to be rude, cause once you may find 'a bomb' not only in front of your home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or