Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 09:38 AM

15,824 posts, read 14,463,105 times

Advertisements

Anyone reading this live in the 14th Congressional District, which is now represented by Alexandria Ocasio Cortez?

She won the district by winning a thinly participated midterm primary, with no real challenge in the general election. Only a small number of the constituents in her district voted. So the question becomes, now that you have her, do you really want her? Would you rather have Crowley (meaning the Democratic establishment) back? Or maybe a new face to be named later would be better.

It would be interesting to hear what her actual constituents think of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 10:05 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,144,336 times
Everyone who voted for her should have their voting rights revoked.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:25 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
I live in it. I didn’t vote in that election. I regret not voting for her opponent. I’m not a fan. She ruined the Amazon deal which would have brought much needed money and employment opportunities. She doesn’t appear to care about her constituents and is only interested in making a national name for herself. Plus I find her way too far to the left for my taste. I’ll be voting for her opponent if I get a chance in the future. Unless the opponent is Trump like.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:29 AM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
I heard that she went door-to-door and that's how she won her constituents. Even though she was a bartender, she's being coached by an Indian guy who happens to be a multi-millionaire. His boss is supposedly a big time communist. They are using her because she looks cool and is able to identify with the working class. This is why the Democratic party has moved so far left. Because the people puppeting her are not capitalist. The Democratic party is no longer what John F. Kennedy ran back in the day.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I heard that she went door-to-door and that's how she won her constituents. Even though she was a bartender, she's being coached by an Indian guy who happens to be a multi-millionaire. His boss is supposedly a big time communist. They are using her because she looks cool and is able to identify with the working class. This is why the Democratic party has moved so far left. Because the people puppeting her are not capitalist. The Democratic party is no longer what John F. Kennedy ran back in the day.

She's a puppet. She was literally picked at a CASTING CALL.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:00 AM

15,824 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Does anyone have the names of the puppetmasters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

Old 07-22-2019, 11:10 AM

Snopes yeah that's not a biased left wing source. Snopes is dead.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Does anyone have the names of the puppetmasters?

The Justice Democrats. They're behind the whole "Squad"

Old 07-22-2019, 11:34 AM

11,198 posts, read 9,075,645 times
What exactly has she done for that district? What has her "Squad" done for their constituents beside holler and yell about Donald Trump, ICE, the boarder "concentration" camps, Nancy Pelosi, etc?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City