U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 06:51 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,375,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
To all the liberal knuckleheads who think being doused with water and having buckets thrown at cops is ‘no big deal’, if we follow through on your opinion, if you or your family were the ones being accosted by this group on a public street, and there were two cops across the street, they would not be expected to interfere and protect you. After all, it’s ‘just water’.

How’s that feel?

I’ve posed this question to them on quite a few occasions, all I’ve gotten was crickets, I suspect that you will get much of the same....

Old 07-24-2019, 08:01 PM

130 posts, read 482,975 times
Well if I saw a group of ppl throwing water then I would just cross the street. I've seen do the right thing. Lol

Old 07-24-2019, 08:21 PM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times
Just saw a good video from today of the cops not playing around. This ends now.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-24-2019, 09:05 PM

128 posts, read 60,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The video where the bucket is actually thrown I get because they had a perp in custody and have to ensure he doesn’t escape. These other two are pathetic and I can only attribute it to fear.

It isn't fear. It is a total lack of support from their superiors. They are told every roll call. "Be careful, there are camera's everywhere". Their bosses do not want the blow back involved with a patrol officer doing his job. They just want them to get through the day and don't make any waves. There is ZERO, NADA, ZILCH in the way of support for a cop. Not from the public, and sure as hell not from the bosses in the NYPD. This is not the FDNY. There is no "brotherhood" in this job. It's every man/woman for themselves, and make no mistake these guys know it. They have been stripped of the authority to do their jobs by the lack of support from their superiors and the political atmosphere that now exists. Even if you make an arrest, prosecutors will not even process a low level crime. it's a fine, they can't be bothered. These guys second guess every move they make now. Their training tells them one thing, the boss is telling them something else. If they use their training, then they are racists, or rogue cops because they didn't arrest someone "nicely" or shoot the perp in the leg,or use their taser. (which they are told not to use, but I digress).
The statistics are all skewed. Robberies are now categorized as "burglaries", makes a difference in crime statistics. It's not a mistake, it's done intentionally, so increases in crime are not perceived to be as serious. You've got people with guns, walking around shooting each other. Is it Chicago, no, but it's not what it used to be either and it's going down hill. The Morale is at an all time low. Recruitment for that million dollar job is at an all time low.
Those pensions and pay that are so great. (100,000 after five years, was a stretch, but yes,they can make that much.) It still isn't anywhere near what Nassau or Suffolk get for a far less dangerous job. Not exactly a fortune for living in the NYC area either. If you are one income family with two kids and a mortgage, that's not excessive. They will take that pension and everything you worked for and kick your ass to curb so fast your head will spin if you are perceived to be a "liability".
Four NYPD officers have killed themselves this year alone. When in uniform. That's a HUGE Eff you to the job.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:38 PM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times
I’m a sergeant on patrol with 17 years on. I know we have no support. But I’d be damned if I allow someone to disrespect this uniform I swore to wear into battle if necessary (and its been necessary many times). Those 73 cops were afraid. They don’t belong in uniform wearing my patch that so many have died wearing.

I don’t know if they still teach this but when I went through we were told that you handle someone like this because otherwise the next cop they deal with will only get it worse. You do it for the next guy, afraid or not.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-24-2019, 10:08 PM

62 posts, read 12,358 times
Quote:
Yup, as they should have. Anyone who thinks this is acceptable is a part of the problem with our “communities” nowadays.
Well I guess I’m one of those , both my grandfathers were cops for the NYPD and I don’t see the problem with it . It was just water , no physical force or injuries . Beating them up would not be equal retaliation , maybe they throw some water back at them ? Lmao that’s the best they could do cuz it’s not a crime . So somebody doesn’t want to get wet ? Well it rains when we don’t want , ppl get pushed in the pool when they don’t want to and when I was a kid we would fill up water balloons throw em at each other , sometimes we hit other ppl but it was all fun and nobody got really mad . Stop being babies , you sound like cowards . Don’t use this to justice police brutality

Old 07-25-2019, 12:40 AM

5,678 posts, read 2,949,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post
Well I guess I’m one of those , both my grandfathers were cops for the NYPD and I don’t see the problem with it . It was just water , no physical force or injuries . Beating them up would not be equal retaliation , maybe they throw some water back at them ? Lmao that’s the best they could do cuz it’s not a crime . So somebody doesn’t want to get wet ? Well it rains when we don’t want , ppl get pushed in the pool when they don’t want to and when I was a kid we would fill up water balloons throw em at each other , sometimes we hit other ppl but it was all fun and nobody got really mad . Stop being babies , you sound like cowards . Don’t use this to justice police brutality
That's quite a leap there you took. From arresting the thugs to police brutality. People are saying to arrest the thugs, not brutalize them. As usual, you Leftist twist things to suit your pathetic arguments.

And BTW you would be an embarrassment to your cop grandparents.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:31 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,980,546 times
Quote:
Rambo and I actually deployed about the same amount of times. Difference is my deployments were real.

...And consider this your warning on personal attacks. There’s no more mercy here. No more leeway for “NYC attitude”. You may notice two very long time, well-known posters have been banned over the last few days.
Ah please. Don't flex mod muscles over here.

You get on this website every day talkin' bout you'll do "this" and do "that". It's annoying and no one believes you.

And the simple fact that you constantly ramble off about wanting to harm people tells a lot about your character "sergeant"

Old 07-25-2019, 05:47 AM

19 posts, read 6,464 times
Meanwhile https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/teen-g...brooklyn-park/

11 innocent people hit with stray bullets in deblasios city in the last 6 weeks. Chaos out there. Sure glad I don’t have to commute to the city anymore. To dangerous !

Old 07-25-2019, 06:39 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,980,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Meanwhile https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/teen-g...brooklyn-park/

11 innocent people hit with stray bullets in deblasios city in the last 6 weeks. Chaos out there. Sure glad I don’t have to commute to the city anymore. To dangerous !
NYC has one of the lowest crime rates among major cities. Try harder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or