U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 11:22 AM

15,626 posts, read 25,099,144 times

Advertisements

I have not read this whole entire thread as of yet, but I will.
But, watching these animals throw water at policemen, doing thier job to help protect thier community has got to be one of the most disgusting acts i have seen.

Who in thier right mind, would even think of throwing buckets of water at policemen?, and then backing up laughing?
It is simply appauling to say the least.

Now, Im thinking the policemen did nothing as to not ignite a situation, because they were already arresting someone else....again, I didnt read all the threads, but my Brooklyn self tells me if I was the policeman, I would have of loved to shoot them all in the face, just because they had the audacity to throw buckets of water, and in one case one of the policeman got hit with the actual bucket.

again, OMG, who does this???????????? animals, thats who does this, and then people wonder............

who does this???

watching this, while, ok its only water, but does this now mean this is acceptable, and people can throw water at policemen?

They need to find these losers and throw them in jail for year, just on disrespect alonw.

sickening, it is simply sickening

who does this???????????????????????????

Old 07-25-2019, 11:27 AM

61 posts, read 12,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Where do you work, so I can come dump a bucket of water on your head?
I work at in union square on 14th , come if you have the balls

Old 07-25-2019, 11:29 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,504,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan2queens View Post

But wait why so hostile? It's just water or are you just another hypocritical punk?

Old 07-25-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That's quite a leap there you took. From arresting the thugs to police brutality. People are saying to arrest the thugs, not brutalize them. As usual, you Leftist twist things to suit your pathetic arguments.

And BTW you would be an embarrassment to your cop grandparents.
I said because a few comments on the first page did say ď and what if they get beat up ď and ď then they complain about police brutality ď are u blind ? But anyway even arrest wouldnít be it , if you threw a bucket of water on a random person it wouldnít be a crime , it may be a bit of inconvenience but thatís it not assault . If I was hit with water today Iíd laugh it off . Lmaoo itís really just water , u guys acting like they throwing bleach water or something dangerous . Calm down

Old 07-25-2019, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
But wait why so hostile? It's just water or are you just another hypocritical punk?
Lol now your trying to flip script and call me hostile when you want to come to my job lmao, I donít care cuz I wonít come to your job. All of you is the ones with your panties in a bunch , I could careless

Old 07-25-2019, 11:44 AM

5,674 posts, read 2,949,677 times
Quote:
I said because a few comments on the first page did say “ and what if they get beat up “ and “ then they complain about police brutality “ are u blind ? But anyway even arrest wouldn’t be it , if you threw a bucket of water on a random person it wouldn’t be a crime , it may be a bit of inconvenience but that’s it not assault . If I was hit with water today I’d laugh it off . Lmaoo it’s really just water , u guys acting like they throwing bleach water or something dangerous . Calm down
Let's meet up somewhere and I'll pour water and then throw the bucket at you. Deal?

Also, if the cops went around pouring water on blacks, would you support that?

Old 07-25-2019, 12:07 PM

15,626 posts, read 25,099,144 times
Quote:

Id also like to throw a bucket of water on you, just because your answer was so god dam stupid, which says something about your character as a person.

you seem to think because it was hot out and it was only water, the policeman wouldnt mind if someone came along and threw a bucket of water on them.

now if everyone took your attitude on this, everyone would just start thowing water on people.

idiot, your a complete idiot

Old 07-25-2019, 12:40 PM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Nope, you're simply an old timer who's out of touch. Although I would have handled it differently--I totally get the mentality. The problem is systemic.

This is how they are teaching the current generation of cops. Take the abuse, "get thicker skin", and constantly ask yourself before you do it, "is it worth it." This is how they are teaching them--Don't arrest anyone, don't stop anyone, DON'T DO ANYTHING unless you absolutely have to.

In the age of social media, with people waving camera phones in your face and threatening to make cops the "next one", cops are now hesitant and second and third guess themselves. In return, people have become bolder and empowered to do anything from cussing you out on camera while screaming " I know my first Amendment rights!!"

It also doesn't help that the Mayor publicly states "I have to give my black son the talk about cops too ya know"

No one wants to be the next Daniel Panteleo, where you execute an arrest with force and god forbid someone dies accidentally, you end up jammed up for 5 years, black balled from any unit for the rest of your career facing city, state and federal charges only to finally subjected to Kangaroo court with a department trial. They will claim that you should have "descalated" the problem, labeled them "EDPs" and then should have called ESU to the scene lol.

Every time you stop someone a stop report has to be completed--make sure you went through the entire step by step process to make it a justifiable stop.

Likewise, everytime force is used--a force report has to be completed--be sure that every step of the process is articulated perfectly.

All of this has to be done before you even charge them with a crime. And if you're arresting these clowns for Disorderly Conduct? Good luck articulating how YOU as a PO were annoyed and incovenienced. because in THEIR eyes, it's your job and you've been trained to "take it"

Assault on a COP, public official etc etc? Good luck with the that. The first question the ADA will ask you is "did you go to the Hospital, where are your physical injuries, where's the medical report?" Without a medical report that charge will be DROPPED.

Chances are, it will be DPed (i know you know what that means) and you open yourself up to a law suit for false arrest. And prepare for a visit from IAB who will go over everything (including your memobook with a fine tooth comb--and everything is fair game for a CD), and be prepared for a call from Corporation Council and their decision on whether or not you're going to be covered or whether you need to hire your own lawyer.

Cops are now forced to carry 10 ID cards on them with the phone numbers to CCRB, and IAB numbers on the back with your name and badge numbers on them. Anyone can request one, and as a result, they can report you for anything whether it's justified or not. Even if the complaints are exonerated or unsubstantiated, it's still on your record. No one wants 50 CCRB complaints on their record. A friend of mines says that he no longer writes B-Summons because he is sick and tired of having CCRB allegations against him--so he just stopped writing them.

So as I said, changes internally in the department HAVE TO BE CHANGED to make cops "COPS" again. Firing cops, telling them "this isn't the job for you" etc etc is NOT going to fix the problem.
Youíre talking as if Iím retired and you know things I donít.

If you are thinking about what a DA is going to do before you make an arrest, youíre going to get yourself seriously hurt one day. The NYPD has a legal division specifically to address the issues you seem to be more concerned with following from the DA side.

If my actions are legal and I have PC, I am proceeding as normal. Iíd be damned if I make my decisions based on the whims of a DA. My responsibility is to keep my cops safe, not appease leftists.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-25-2019, 12:43 PM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times
Guys, the person who is justifying this crap is not even worth responding to. Don’t waste your time.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-25-2019, 12:46 PM

5,674 posts, read 2,949,677 times
Quote:
Wait a minute. You sound like you wouldn't like that but then you also say it is no big deal. So which is it? No big deal or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or