U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2019, 09:22 AM
 
61 posts, read 12,358 times
Reputation: 41

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Why does he need balls? Give your exact address and description. There is a 90 degree day coming up. By your logic we would be doing you a favor, no?
I was saying if he has the balls not because what he is doing is bad but because he and others clearly thinks it’s bad and they think these “ low life savages “ have balls to throw it on NYPD so let’s see . But I’m not posting my work address just to not get in trouble by the company but I’m always at harborvirw terrace in Hell’s Kitchen and 90th street between colombus and cpw . Yes I would not mind having water thrown on me , especially if it’s 90 degrees . Grow up

 
Old 07-26-2019, 09:24 AM
 
61 posts, read 12,358 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I was once splashed with water, and amazingly, I survived without permanent injury.
Lol same
 
Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 AM
 
179 posts, read 40,660 times
Reputation: 272
So you let strangers disrespect you on the street while all the bystanders point at you and laugh?
 
Old 07-26-2019, 10:15 AM
 
Location: NYC
13,011 posts, read 8,821,841 times
Reputation: 14322
In the early 90s you don't do that to cops or some neighborhoods because if you're a punk you will get beat up or killed by the police or the mafia. The FBI has contained the mafia but gangs are still a problem
 
Old 07-26-2019, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Manhattan
2,160 posts, read 1,006,442 times
Reputation: 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I was once splashed with water, and amazingly, I survived without permanent injury.
Of course, you'll survive. That's not the point. The point is to badger, goad, show disrespect. The police aren't perfect but what they did is wrong no matter how you look at it.
 
Old 07-26-2019, 11:21 AM
 
1,766 posts, read 2,178,956 times
Reputation: 3223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I was once splashed with water, and amazingly, I survived without permanent injury.
Common man, I thought you were better than that.
 
Old 07-26-2019, 11:55 AM
 
Location: New York City
8,307 posts, read 6,328,788 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Just saw a good video from today of the cops not playing around. This ends now.
This could play out in a number of ways, many of which end in major job action by the NYPD rank

One way is the district attorney declining to press charges. The NYPD would explode, nobody would show up to work or to calls and all these whiny idiots would find out REAL FAST what an 8 million people city is like without law enforcement
 
Old 07-26-2019, 01:00 PM
 
1,161 posts, read 314,365 times
Reputation: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
If I ignore the disgusting comments in this thread, I'm able to say that I'm really proud of the police response to this matter.

They show great restraint, and that is exactly what the people need to see to rebuild trust. If they followed the moronic advice doled out in this thread, we would have news stories about police brutality against children because of a water gun, or bucket of water. Like this, the people get to see some of the **** cops have to deal with, and the restraint that they show.


We had 1 guy turn himself in, and multiple arrests, and when the idiots learn there are consequences, they will stop.

I'm disappointed in the union for the fear-mongering with acid comments.
I'm disappointed in Diblasio (what's new, and does it even count as disappointment anymore) for not speaking up about this.
 
Old 07-26-2019, 01:18 PM
 
Location: New York City
8,307 posts, read 6,328,788 times
Reputation: 6110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
If I ignore the disgusting comments in this thread, I'm able to say that I'm really proud of the police response to this matter.

They show great restraint, and that is exactly what the people need to see to rebuild trust. If they followed the moronic advice doled out in this thread, we would have news stories about police brutality against children because of a water gun, or bucket of water. Like this, the people get to see some of the **** cops have to deal with, and the restraint that they show.


We had 1 guy turn himself in, and multiple arrests, and when the idiots learn there are consequences, they will stop.

I'm disappointed in the union for the fear-mongering with acid comments.
I'm disappointed in Diblasio (what's new, and does it even count as disappointment anymore) for not speaking up about this.
Of course the comments about beating the crap out of them are wrong but the cops in the main video humiliated themselves by not standing up for themselves or calling for back up. After the original perp was in cuffs the next step was putting him in the car and chasing down whoever threw objects and arresting them too, along with calling a dozen squad cars for backup in a rapidly escalating situation where law enforcement offices were being assaulted by multiple people
 
Old 07-26-2019, 01:59 PM
 
2,637 posts, read 1,970,980 times
Reputation: 2635
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Of course the comments about beating the crap out of them are wrong but the cops in the main video humiliated themselves by not standing up for themselves or calling for back up. After the original perp was in cuffs the next step was putting him in the car and chasing down whoever threw objects and arresting them too, along with calling a dozen squad cars for backup in a rapidly escalating situation where law enforcement offices were being assaulted by multiple people
Serious? Calling a dozen of cops for backup for something like this? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top