U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 02:14 PM

2,187 posts, read 2,003,127 times

Advertisements

I can't believe people are saying it was fine to drench cops with buckets of water and might even be a nice thing to do. How would they like to be going to work and have a bucket of water poured over their heads. Would their boss think it's nice when they come to work completely soaked? In a civilized society you don't do that to strangers and to do that to cops should be unthinkable.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:54 PM

452 posts, read 575,753 times
I remember when i took the police/correction-officer exams..and passed but that was 25yrs ago..im glad i didnt persue that occupation in this city. I make more money than them delivering packages,and without a gun.
the police are here to uphold the laws of this big growing city..who have well over 20-plus nationalities..they dont need to be pounced-upon..plus I think the eric garner case has alot to do with this..pantelano needs to be-FIRED!!.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:25 PM

8,307 posts, read 6,328,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Serious? Calling a dozen of cops for backup for something like this? Lol
A million percent that is the correct course of action. What you had there was a growing gang of thugs escalating their attacks on police effecting a lawful arrest. An officer was hit in the head with a bucket and the cops were getting outnumbered.

Proper police procedure would be to call for reinforcements and to clearly yell instructions to the crowd that they are committing assault and will be subject to arrest, followed by the attempted arrest of the most aggressive offender

Old 07-26-2019, 04:53 PM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times
I have a better idea. There are 4 precincts on Staten Island. 1 in 4 chance you can find me. Come try to dump water on me.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-26-2019, 08:31 PM

15,626 posts, read 25,099,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Hopefully soon one of these highly considerate and respectful, simply trying to help the cop cool off heroic citizens, ends up trying this on the wrong cop.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 PM

3,988 posts, read 1,019,151 times
Opinion:

All things eventually come to a head as in this long forgotten example.

Violence in the subways was rampant in the early 80's and racial tensions were high.
In 1981 a man was attacked by 3 teenage thugs with two escaping and a third spending only a few hours in a police station.
Furious this man applied for a gun permit. On December 22 1984 this man took a stance shooting and wounding four
teenage thugs attempting to rob him. Bernhard Goetz acting in self defense took matters into his own hands by
drawing pointing and shooting his smith and Wesson 5 shot 38 revolver. He was only charged with illegal possesion of a gun.
No one feared riding the subways for years to come.
One of the assailants left paralyzed sued for millions and Bernhard immediately declared bankruptcy.
Subway riders finally felt a sense of relief instead of fear.
Bernhard became a local hero, bumper stickers " Bernie Goetz the job done " circulated.
Locals credit him for the sudden reversal of crime in the subways and at 71 years of age lives a quiet life
in the same Manhattan Union Square Apartment spending his free time nursing squirrels.

Dare not drench him with " it's only a bucket of water." ........... dang ......

Old 07-27-2019, 08:42 AM

21,564 posts, read 28,488,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
In the early 90s you don't do that to cops or some neighborhoods because if you're a punk you will get beat up or killed by the police or the mafia.

How heartwarming to know the police and Mafia are on the same side.

Old 07-27-2019, 08:51 AM

61 posts, read 12,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
How heartwarming to know the police and Mafia are on the same side.
Lmfaooooo

Old 07-27-2019, 12:29 PM

1,766 posts, read 2,178,956 times
I just saw on TV that members of the African American community spoke up against this incident. I'm proud of the community standing together against these thugs, animals and low lives. They (the criminals) bring down everyone around them. Hopefully these degenerates will spend some time in jail thinking about what they did. I just hope the kids who took part in this learn to be better than this.

I also hope some of you people come to your senses and see this as an act of aggression and disrespect towards people, not just law enforcement.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:35 PM

3,865 posts, read 1,406,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I just saw on TV that members of the African American community spoke up against this incident. I'm proud of the community standing together against these thugs, animals and low lives. They (the criminals) bring down everyone around them. Hopefully these degenerates will spend some time in jail thinking about what they did. I just hope the kids who took part in this learn to be better than this.

I also hope some of you people come to your senses and see this as an act of aggression and disrespect towards people, not just law enforcement.
I think the 28 year old should go to a mental institution instead of jail so he can get his mind right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or