U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:27 AM

3,988 posts, read 1,019,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Why should one fear the police?
Never Fear. Always Respect an officer.

To confront an officer is an affront.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:37 AM

3,988 posts, read 1,019,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
It was just water, no one died. It was disrespectful. But hey it was hot outside and what are the cops going to do, call it in and say Help we are being attacked with water.....They would be total laughingstocks of the precinct. Same thing if there were videos of them running around like chickens trying to catch all of them.

Opinion:

It was disrespectful. which is an act of interpersonal incivility.

Wonder how a congregation would react if a bucket
of water was poured over their preacher during
Sunday morning ministry?

Love to see a video of that Brownsville or Harlem sermon.................

Wake up foolish juveniles: Seeds scattered among thorns will only rise to be chocked......

Old 07-23-2019, 06:54 AM

8,800 posts, read 7,157,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Why should one fear the police?
What was written was “fear of consequences” not “fear of police” as you twisted it. Big difference.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-23-2019, 07:10 AM

15,568 posts, read 17,814,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
I see no indication that the perpetrators are immigrants
The radical conservative rhetoric from talk radio and FOX News has its audience so wrapped up in xenophobic hysteria, they are getting confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Isn't that still some form of assault though?

Police or not any man should retaliate. It's crazy how they ignored it and just kept walking, especially when one just dumps water right over his head. They're the POLICE. Are you serious?
I agree there should have been some response. Just 'taking it' may be taking the higher road, following the model of Jesus Christ, but as the police aren't meant ot models of Jesus, it was the wrong move. It will foster an atmosphere in which people like these are emboldened to commit further assaults, and even escalate the nature of the assaults, against police.

Quote:
If any of those punks were shot and killed I wouldn't flinch. I'd probably watch it on repeat.
That is sick. See a therapist. I bet these idiots in the video get their jollies watching people being killed, too.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:29 AM

8,155 posts, read 5,341,699 times
And the endless drama between cops and minorities continues!!!!!

Those kids are BOLD and not in a good way. They don't respect adults nor their fellow neighbor. It's not going to end in a good way for society if common and decent manners are not instill in the youth.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
It was just water, no one died. It was disrespectful. But hey it was hot outside and what are the cops going to do, call it in and say Help we are being attacked with water.....They would be total laughingstocks of the precinct. Same thing if there were videos of them running around like chickens trying to catch all of them.
So if you were minding your business and these kids started dousing you with water.. You would jump up and down and start joining and then a song would start playing (happy by pharell) and people would start recording then someone from Utah would say "geez, i miss NYC!"

Old 07-23-2019, 07:38 AM

2,637 posts, read 1,970,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
And the endless drama between cops and minorities continues!!!!!

Those kids are BOLD and not in a good way. They don't respect adults nor their fellow neighbor. It's not going to end in a good way for society if common and decent manners are not instill in the youth.
I wouldn’t be surprise cops not interfering when black fight against their own people. They get what they ask for!

Old 07-23-2019, 07:42 AM

55 posts, read 13,258 times
Lock those savages up!

Old 07-23-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I wouldn’t be surprise cops not interfering when black fight against their own people. They get what they ask for!
If i were a cop i would do the bare minimum. It's not worth it.

Old 07-23-2019, 09:07 AM

5,521 posts, read 17,715,731 times
Quote:
Isn't that still some form of assault though?

Police or not any man should retaliate. It's crazy how they ignored it and just kept walking, especially when one just dumps water right over his head. They're the POLICE. Are you serious?

If any of those punks were shot and killed I wouldn't flinch. I'd probably watch it on repeat.
It would be considered harassment. For an assault to occur you have to suffer some kind of physical injury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or